clive betts

Guest The Claw

Did Betts actually go to the match? If so he would have received the usual VIP treatment reserved for politicians, VIP parking (if requested), directors bar, pre-match meal, directors box seat and post match executive treatment, I somehow don’t imagine that he joined the John Street queue. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Did Betts actually go to the match? If so he would have received the usual VIP treatment reserved for politicians, VIP parking (if requested), directors bar, pre-match meal, directors box seat and post match executive treatment, I somehow don’t imagine that he joined the John Street queue. :rolleyes:

Clive Betts did go to the game and I believe he was on the away end. Whatever you may think of his politics Clive Betts is a Sheffield Wednesday season ticket holder with a seat on the Kop. No underfloor heating, complimentary rug, directors box seat or tea, coffee and bourbon biscuits in the boardroom. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Clive Betts did go to the game and I believe he was on the away end. Whatever you may think of his politics Clive Betts is a Sheffield Wednesday season ticket holder with a seat on the Kop. No underfloor heating, complimentary rug, directors box seat or tea, coffee and bourbon biscuits in the boardroom. 

Following his colleague Joe Cox’s murder he’s either a very brave man or a damned fool, I don’t do politics by the way.

38 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Hasnt he been a kop season ticket holder for the last twenty odd years??

Owlstalk Shop

On 13/11/2018 at 19:01, ReadingOwl said:

Their hostility, for the other side of the City (our side) is becoming a bit pathetic and desperate.

Corrupting the team sheet - and deleting “Sheffield” was hilarious.

Bad manners. To be expected.

Small minded and tin pot in the extreme.

I think United’s hierarchy have serious mental issues. Including the Manager.

They are obsessed / in awe. 

They can't help themselves even when they're doing better in the league. 

4 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

He was drinking in a pub near Gentings at about 7pm, very much doubt he received the "usual VIP treatment"

On 13/11/2018 at 19:01, ReadingOwl said:

Their hostility, for the other side of the City (our side) is becoming a bit pathetic and desperate.

Corrupting the team sheet - and deleting “Sheffield” was hilarious.

Bad manners. To be expected.

Small minded and tin pot in the extreme.

I think United’s hierarchy have serious mental issues. Including the Manager.

err....

What does our announcer do when reading out the results...... 

On 13/11/2018 at 18:54, ReadingOwl said:

A texter said Wednesday fans were to blame.

If you have never had a job you would never understand why people can not turn up earlier on a week night

On 13/11/2018 at 19:16, ReadingOwl said:

We never do. We were brought up with basic manners and treat people with respect.

My 87 year old Mum has always said you can tell who support United. And, I’m being serious.

Bad mannered, aggressive, a bit thick and poorly dressed. 

I absolutely agree with your Mother.

I'm not from Sheffield so maybe it's different, but I always think you can tell, by and large. Not an absolute science and we have an element I would rather we didn't have.

It's why the robert Carlisle character in the Full Monty was a Blade.  It was an important part of his loser character.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

Yes I saw Clive outside the away end before the game. Big Wednesday fan and long standing season ticket holder on the kop.

• Like 1

Just now, richowl said:

Sorry I thought you was there watching it all unfold with your vast knowledge of events.

soz becks

No,just one of your fans that got in 10 mins after you arrived and didn't have any problems,but took you 40 mins to get in,is it true that tango was stuck in one of the turnstiles?

7 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

No,just one of your fans that got in 10 mins after you arrived and didn't have any problems,but took you 40 mins to get in,is it true that tango was stuck in one of the turnstiles?

Shouldn't that be "our fans"?

22 hours ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

How wrong you are,they have cctv on the area from way before 18.30 till way after kick off of all of the away turnstiles. 

That’s great.

So they can release to show there was no problem and put an end to the debate 

56 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

What is making me laugh about all this is that this "bloke" is supposed to time and again travel to London,he has obviously never been on the tube at 8.00 at Leicester sq etc.

He'd have the underground tube system closed down.

Leicester Square is a tourist spot and not that busy at 8am. You been stuck in Sharrow eating groul and thieving pensioners all your life?

• Haha 1