clive betts

Guest The Claw

6 minutes ago, richowl said:

Genuinely couldn’t get in my pocket to get my phone out if I wanted too.

A good way to meet new people & have a chat though. If people can imagine tipping a tin of baked beans into a funnel, with a strong whiff of alchohol, that isn't far off.

Chuck in some lashing rain & the locals abusing you, top night out.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 8

Its one of the best grounds in the country location wise, but the worst ground in the country to get into.

Unmanned turnstiles and when you get through there are dozens of stewards just stood around. It’s just a very odd set up. All 2500 crammed into one small section outside, which is the main drag on which the scruffbags walk past after their White Lightening in Barrys Bar. 

You get similar numbers for Forest away, with 3 x as many entrances.

Ironically getting out of the away end at the Lane is easy, when they open the double doors. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

We never do. We were brought up with basic manners and treat people with respect.

My 87 year old Mum has always said you can tell who support United. And, I’m being serious.

Bad mannered, aggressive, a bit thick and poorly dressed. 

She’s always said it.

She’s never called them Scrubbers, though.

I do.

And the Club hierarchy reflect that.

Changing the team sheet though - how tin pot was that?

twas ever thus - your mum knows the score 

I must have missed all what went on , I got in ground 715-720pm ,1 of reasons for any problems were that around 2-300 of us were not going into ground and having pleasantries with the friendly lot on other side of the police line , we were pelted with bangers by that scum so instead of getting crushed you might have got your faced burned or if 1 went off next to 1 of our elderly  supporters it could have given them  a heart attack. I didn't seen the turnstiles closed but there were only 2 open to what I could see, I decided that having bangers thrown at me was a good reason to get into the ground. 

Amazing that the pigs have just denied it. Essentially just telling an MP that he’s imagined the whole thing. I don’t thing that will wash with SYP and SAG, in particular. MPs do have some clout in these situations and I bet there will be changes next year despite United’s pretty disgraceful stance. Bitterness runs so deep throughout their entire setup.

Any disruption or inconvenience to Wednesday fans will be seen as some sort of victory for the hierarchy of United. There was the occasion when objects were raining down on Wednesday fans below from the idiots above but despite this being raised with them there was no apology forthcoming with the only admission of guilt was to put in measures to prevent it happening again. A truly insecure football club that has a manager thinking he is running the Bradway hotel pub team on a Sunday morning with his main concern to beat the local rivals across the city.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Amazing that the pigs have just denied it. Essentially just telling an MP that he’s imagined the whole thing. I don’t thing that will wash with SYP and SAG, in particular. MPs do have some clout in these situations and I bet there will be changes next year despite United’s pretty disgraceful stance. Bitterness runs so deep throughout their entire setup.

Surely with almost everyone having a video capability on their phone there must be plenty of evidence to nail these stains on Sheffield

I understand they did the same to Norwich fans last year It's got to be addressed before someone gets badly hurt 

Absolutely certain that if that was done at Hillsborough especially outside the West stand  the national press would be on it 

13 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Interesting that he, and SYP, are of the same opinion re bowing to TV company demands.

SYP don't want this game.

Amazingly they have decalred it is the most expensive league match to police in the UK. Can you really believe there are more coppers than the Manchester derby at OT with 75k+, or the bitter Old Firm derby?

They have an agenda and are deliberately trying to intimidate away fans. Why was a tram full of Unitedites held at Hillsborough Corner last September until kick off and when they finally got to the ground only 2 turnstiles where open?

Mark my words, SYP don't want this fixture but have little power at present. They'd love it to be played behind closed doors or with no away fans, so those having a pop at either of the clubs ought to to look a bit further. This is one for fans of both teams to get involved with.

I'm not sure if Betts is just attention seeking (look at me, big Wednesdayite at the Lane) or genuinely wants to move this forward. If the latter, he should insisit that senior officers sit down with him and representatives of the fans of both sides to try and sort this.

14 hours ago, Woozie said:

Apparently the conditions were similar for the derby at Hillsborough last season. Both clubs need to get it sorted.

dem blaVdes keep saying this.

They weren't being pelted with smoke bombs, traffic cones, beer cans and coins while they were being penned towards 2 working turnstiles by South Yorkshires finest were they?

1 minute ago, wisewoodowl said:

dem blaVdes keep saying this.

They weren't being pelted with smoke bombs, traffic cones, beer cans and coins while they were being penned towards 2 working turnstiles by South Yorkshires finest were they?

They seem to be playing whataboutism. I doubt Clive was aware of the situation last season and it's easy to see why he's brought it up this time considering he was caught up in it.

From what I've seen on twitter, most of the complaints (about the derby at Hillsborough) were aimed at South Yorkshire Police and not swfc. No mention of any sort of crush either.