Pick up the phone and see if he wants a job?

2 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Would be good to have a footballing mind at boardroom level. 

Sam Allardyce has also said, he wants his next job to be as a chairman or DoF 

Not sure where Katrien would fit in though :CEO:

She's an international  corporate lawyer.

They do complicated contracts and business sales......

We couldn't afford him according to this:-

"With Reed being one of Southampton’s highest paid ’employee’s’, the standard is not good enough. His ambitions are somewhat off, and his lack of ability to vocalise this has been frustrating for fans a like, now they’re calling for his head".

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Not sure where Katrien would fit in though :CEO:

I think she would be in charge of all the commercial side of our business and Reed be in charge of on pitch and footballing strategy. Yes i know a long shot, but until you speak to him who knows? We pay some players like they are saviours and we have no football experience at a high level. Pay him whatever if he can replicate what he did at Southampton.

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I think she would be in charge of all the commercial side of our business and Reed be in charge of on pitch and footballing strategy. Yes i know a long shot, but until you speak to him who knows? We pay some players like they are saviours and we have no football experience at a high level. Pay him whatever if he can replicate what he did at Southampton.

Definite recipe for an embargo and points deduction. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46137489

No not a Jos thread. Les Reed has left Southampton after being at their club since 2010. He has worked as a director of football and then vice chairman role at their club. He has overseen bringing through lots of youngsters, selling on for large profits whilst keeping Southampton competitive in the PL. When he joined they were in League 1. Has been part of the team who spotted a manager called pochettino and thought he might be ok, also spotted Virgil van Diik and there are many more examples.

He has left as part of a shake up but has spent 7 years there and left them in a healthy position. Now not saying he will come and take a new role immediately. But start the conversation and see if would be open to come in as director of football strategy role (call it whatever you want). If not then advisor role? Would help expand the football knowledge at our club. Basically i think he could help us change our culture a bit. Worth a call in my eyes.

Who do you ring first, Doyen by any chance:picnic: Some posters make it sound so easy. Get Micks number and Ill send him a text to see what he's doing.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Who do you ring first, Doyen by any chance:picnic: Some posters make it sound so easy. Get Micks number and Ill send him a text to see what he's doing.

ring ring ...."Hello I own a football club, would you like to come and work for me?"

P*ss off I don't talk to you without my agents say so .............................click.

4 hours ago, tarn owl said:

We don't have a commercial side of the business I bet she has a lot of free time garymegson