Some analysis

Guest Hillsborough Mole

16 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Bit childish referrring to the manager as Loss or Dross, in fact it’s very f*cking childish

Also I’m fed up of posters posting their opinion as if they’re talking for the entire fan base

Let’s hipe the players have more belief than some of you lot, Friday could be the platform they need. Just look at Bannan with Dawson after the pen save for evidence 

Also those charts tell us nothing we didn’t already know. It’s about how we progress from here now 

So let me get this right, the most annoying and infuriating thing to you right now is that some people are calling Jos 'dross' or 'loss'? That's what angers you the most, despite the unrest around the club, the poor tactical decisions, the shambolic financial situation or the ever deteriorating relationship between the owner and fans?

Do you not think that maybe you're worrying about the wrong things?

Just now, Sonny said:

Is that what you want to know most right now? Out of all the unanswered questions around the club you want to know what Ash76 thinks about some graphs?

Most of all i want to know what's for tea. After that, i want to know what Ash76 thinks about the graphs. 

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

This thread will probably get passed over and ignored by most, but it clearly highlights some huge issues we have.

Dumbing it down as far as possible. We get battered and create very little. Yet some people say/think we have played well. 

Its been years prior to this since I’ve felt this way, but I’m never confident we can win or put in a decent performance. 

I’ve not been convinced by performances for at least a year now. With all the issues at the club I’m hoping we get through this season and can rebuild in the summer. It might be down to 3 clubs being worse than us rather than us deserving to stay up.

And the midfield can neither support the attack or help the defence, which is probably the key to the problems with both.. And two of the most highly praised players are in the midfield!

The issue is really simple.

We seem happy to spend too much time in our own half, sitting far too deep.

This means any mistake has more potential for the opposition to create a chance whereas any good football we manage to play is too deep to create any threat.

I am sure someone will find some stats to prove me wrong but in the Forest game we must have spent 90% of the game in our own half.

I am completely baffled by what Jos expects playing this way.

• Like 1

What those graphs show is we still have no defined style of play - poor in defence and lacking in attack. 

Jos has been here for 10 months and no one has a clue what his style of football is. 

Baffling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Bit childish referrring to the manager as Loss or Dross, in fact it’s very f*cking childish

Like clapper, used by people too juvenile to be taken seriously.  You have to be either a person who is or has the intellect of someone under 12 years of age to think it's acceptable. 

Edited by Sham67

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

The issue is really simple.

We seem happy to spend too much time in our own half, sitting far too deep.

This means any mistake has more potential for the opposition to create a chance whereas any good football we manage to play is too deep to create any threat.

I am sure someone will find some stats to prove me wrong but in the Forest game we must have spent 90% of the game in our own half.

I am completely baffled by what Jos expects playing this way.

That's right. Playing too much in our home half was also an issue under Carlos. The test is in home games. Can understand the approach away.

We dont have a tactical identity, nor do we own the players to really have one at the moment. 

On paper we have some very very good players, yet dont have enough players to actually suit or play to a set style. I said it last week, but the pigs are a prime example of this in action. They sign players to suit the way the manager wants them to play. The players they have arent the best in the division by a long shot, yet they play to a style and a plan and it (for the most part) works for them. 

We on the other hand dont even own a single natural wingback, yet set up most games to play with wingbacks. We cant play 442 as We have only 2 recognised wingers at the club, both of them left sided players. One being an unproven youngster and the other being Reach who also happens to be our best attacking outlet as a now loose forward. Worst of all is that We currently play counter attacking football, soaking up lots of pressure, yet dont have any pace to actually counter attack on the rare occasions we do win the ball back. You get the idea.

Bad team planning by the previous manager has left us like this. Even the return of the exiled and injured players wouldnt change the fact, besides giving us several more slow centre mids and a couple more strikers to be starved of service. We are a tactical mess and it will continue to be that way until players can be sold and better positionally suited players can be signed.

Edited by OwlinOldham

13 hours ago, steveraper said:

I agree....I think we really are relegation candidates. But I'm not sure anyone could do much with the (seemingly available) bunch of players we have. Now, if it's Jos' decision not to include other players, then, yes, it's down to him ... if he's being told not to include them, then he's just the scapegoat.

We have largely the same set of fit players we had at end of last season where we were on a winning streak.

Boyd was playing left WB and we had a steady regular 3 5 2.  Injuries necessitated a regular team. 

The only major change is loss of Venancio which from a leadership,  aggression and organisational POV we've hugely missed.

Because of the injury challenges it was easy to keep a happier dressing room as everyone fit was in the trenches. 

This season we have had experience back fit, Jos has chopped and changed, we could get Venancio and Nuhiu has gone back to toilet mode.

We're ultimately a soft touch fielding a load of high potential kids. There is a lot of fear in our play and panic both defensively and offensively is easy to spot when players keep making wrong decisions or mistakes. 

I just feel we have the wrong type of manager to coax the best out of our squad. Any manager sat looking in would be looking at the likes of Westwood, Abdi, Boyd, Joao, Ff, Bannan, Hutch, Fletcher, Matias, Hector etc thinking, if I had my hands on that with a clean slate we could have a mixture of flair, solidity, aggression, guile, passing, pace and really put opponents on the backfoot. 

Instead we play like the metaphorical equivalent of Olive from On the Buses.