15 Championship Clubs want more from Sky Deal.

Just now, northeastowl said:

Completely agree. However there’s only one group of people that can try and force change and that’s supporters. Unfortunately as much as people moan they’re not willing to do anything about it.

How would supporters change things in your opinion pal?

5 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The quicker sky sports goes bust the better football will become

I’ve seen this said a few times now and whilst I agree with the sentiment, all that will happen is that someone else will be there to fill the void as long as people are prepared to pay through the nose for live football.

The problem is, is that the money problem isn't just restricted to Sky. Its the entirety of football. Fifa, uefa, all of them are corrupt and thrive off the money that there is in football. 

Its funny how clubs like us get punished, embargoed and possible points deductions yet City, PSG, a number of Chinese clubs can get away with their spending with nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Maybe Chansiri needs to invest in some brown envelopes to the right people. In today's game, money talks

Sky Sports is not the problem with football Greed is the problem.

Can you remember the dark days of football on the BBC, you could only watch Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal as the BBC did not show any other games, the camera man did not seem to have a camera that could actually follow the football and zoom in far enough that you could actually see the players.

Then sky appears and year on year them have improved and innovated and the sport is unrecognizable from what it once was.

The problem with football is greed, the top 6, trying to get the lion share of moneys and screw over who ever they have to, to get it. The fa in the pocket of the premier league chairman doing basically what ever they say or they don't get their cut. 

You want an example of the greed of football, George Hirst signed by Leicester City's feeder club to avoid paying millions in a compensation fee, in 2 to 3 transfer windows he will move to Leicester City - Sheffield Wednesday should have got millions instead they now get thousands.

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You want an example of the greed of football, George Hirst signed by Leicester City's feeder club to avoid paying millions in a compensation fee, in 2 to 3 transfer windows he will move to Leicester City - Sheffield Wednesday should have got millions instead they now get thousands.

Agree with your main point about Sky

But not sure how that is an example of greed? Seems like good business sense by them and usual clown antics by us 

31 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Clubs getting more money out of a TV deal is sort of thing I cant find much enthusiasm for.

Will the clubs use it to lower ticket prices and improve facilities.

Or will it just be used to fuel inflation in wages and transfer fees.

Wasn't part of the "Sky" original idea to lower ticket prices?

That went well then?

2 hours ago, torres said:

How would supporters change things in your opinion pal?

Protest properly like they do in Germany for example. The fans didn’t agree with the league starting to play games on Monday nights. So pretty much fans of every club staged a protest. Most teams ultras completely boycotted a game on a said weekend. The league then agreed to reduce the amount of games that would be played on a Monday. 

For example do you think DC would continue with our pricing policy if en masse we all boycotted? 

Only my opinion of course. We just seem to happy to moan about things but then lie there getting out tummies tickled. I’d say I’m part of the problem, when DC first announced our prices I wrote to the club to complain. I only get to about 10-12 games a season because of where I live and my job. What did I do? Bought a season ticket even though I wouldn’t get to half the games....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Protest properly like they do in Germany for example. The fans didn’t agree with the league starting to play games on Monday nights. So pretty much fans of every club staged a protest. Most teams ultras completely boycotted a game on a said weekend. The league then agreed to reduce the amount of games that would be played on a Monday. 

For example do you think DC would continue with our pricing policy if en masse we all boycotted? 

Only my opinion of course. We just seem to happy to moan about things but then lie there getting out tummies tickled. I’d say I’m part of the problem, when DC first announced our prices I wrote to the club to complain. I only get to about 10-12 games a season because of where I live and my job. What did I do? Bought a season ticket even though I wouldn’t get to half the games....

I agree on principle.

We do seem to have a ''loyal  - put up with it'' stance over here 

Apart from the loyal season ticket holders it appears most have boycotted 

The red button facility shouldn't be underestimated. The first season novelty of watching several extra games a season is great. However, it could result in longer term damage as fans simply stop buying season tickets and membership.

I reckon if you we're a Leeds fan, you could watch 60% of the entire season games on Sky.

It will implode if they don’t let the people propping it up spend their money. Anything above league one is unsustainable, 13m loss a season isn’t sustainable unless you have a wealthy backer. 

Whats more likely is that the second tier will be decimated by embargoes and the likes, whilst the premier league becomes a closed shop for those with parachute cash.

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

The red button facility shouldn't be underestimated. The first season novelty of watching several extra games a season is great. However, it could result in longer term damage as fans simply stop buying season tickets and membership.

I reckon if you we're a Leeds fan, you could watch 60% of the entire season games on Sky.

Therefore as you are getting money from Sky for allowing this - surely you would reduce ticket prices?

Not us - we put ours up!!!