15 Championship Clubs want more from Sky Deal.

5 hours ago, Geedee said:

I wonder how many people who are against sky sports got the opportunity to watch the Sheffield 'derby' on Friday night because of sky sports 

I'm against Sky Sports and was forced to go to t'lane for a 19:45 Friday kick-off rather than 15:00 on a Saturday because of Sky Sports.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Good for the 15, about time someone stood up to the inept EFL.

Not sure who holds the balance of power, will be interesting but with respect to league 1 and 2, without more than half the Championship the EFL don't have a product and without meaningful promotion and relegation the Premier League becomes less attractive.

Made me laugh about the caraboa cup though, who gives a poo about that, it's been devalued into a reserve competition now.

Agree, football has always been a business and this is not going to change, s better to be a part of it would rather be in some form of PL2 than being in Division 3 North which could happen.

1 hour ago, wisewoodowl said:

I'm against Sky Sports and was forced to go to t'lane for a 19:45 Friday kick-off rather than 15:00 on a Saturday because of Sky Sports.

Must admit rather have 3pm each Saturday but if you want the millions from sky we have to accept they call the tune. If we carry on playing this badly though will soon be 3pm each Saturday.

1 hour ago, wisewoodowl said:

If you wanted more 3pm Saturday kick off then lets scrap all of the pointless international friendlies we play 6 games in a little over two weeks then sit on our hands for two weeks while we play some pointless international. Scrap in season international, play them all in the summer then the 8-10 weeks wasted can be used to have more Saturday 3pm kick offs. - Sorted

• Like 1

Football finances are bent so far out of shape that I’ve given up even trying to work out a viable alternative.

As for our position, we’re in enough trouble with the EFL already so even if we are among the dissenters I’d imagine we’ll be keeping our gobs shut and our heads well below the parapet for now.

5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve done my bit. Sacked them off three years ago and never went back despite their pestering, and all kinds of offers, to get me back as a customer.

Try it people, it’s very liberating. Then switch to IPTV.

Im getting a fire stick and then ill be looking for an IPTV, but people I know have had mixed experiences. One guy took a years payment then disappeared and stopped replying to messages and the service stopped working. Now my father in law says it buffers a bit and stops working for big games (Hes a man u fan, so it just stops working when he wants it to most). 

Premiership and Football league between them put 1,656 players on view every week-end. Yet many of our talented home grown players are denied the opportunity to showcase their skills. Stock piling of our talent is an abhorrent stifling of our national game at every level. The FA could have acted on quotas but they haven't instead cow towing to their master £££. The practice of clubs paying their own players excessive agents fees is a drain on the game. So much could be done yet we are seeing nothing of the fundamental change necessary.

On a broader front we have seen schools forced to sell their assets, the result being that demand is not being met and the consequential increase in pitch fees; Many clubs now paying north of £80 per match. Locally the old Wednesday, United and Clegg Shield school tournaments have long since fallen off the calendar. We don't see scouts queueing up at the gates of Shirecliffe School any more.

Could go on and on with factual and anecdotal tales of football mismanagement over the years, but it's best summarised thus... The lead body of the game the FA have allowed themselves to be pushed aside in the chase for pieces of eight. Sky rule the roost with further Media Moguls waiting in the wings. The FA are a toothless, spineless organisation that don't know their arse from their elbow. UEFA and FIFA rules maintain no Government interference in the game, yet they could demand a democratisation and installation of a governing body 'Fit For Purpose'. There are some good people in and on the periphery of the game, I think it's about time we made use of their services.         

• Like 1

There is vast amounts if money swimming around in the game and the club's only  have themselves to blame if they give it to parasite agents and scummy sports management companies.

It's time agents were banned from the game , and players used the PFA to negotiate with club's. 

8 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I like the idea of the NFL model (At least this is partly what I think they do).

All revenues generated by all clubs are put into one pot and divided equally.

Would this make football better?

That would get right on my wick!

We spend loads of money on Wednesday for some tin pot effort like Rotherham to be able to spend it