15 Championship Clubs want more from Sky Deal.

I just can't believe that the football league can look at the difference between revenue between the premier league and the other 3 leagues and wonder why clubs aren't happy.

They've brought this situation on themselves and it's sad that football has got to this point tbh.

On the upside though, if it made our FFP problems disappear and allowed to compete financially again then I don't really see why not.

I mean, let's face it, while ever things continue to go the way they are in football right now, we'll struggle to ever compete properly again.

Good for the 15, about time someone stood up to the inept EFL.

Not sure who holds the balance of power, will be interesting but with respect to league 1 and 2, without more than half the Championship the EFL don't have a product and without meaningful promotion and relegation the Premier League becomes less attractive.

Made me laugh about the caraboa cup though, who gives a poo about that, it's been devalued into a reserve competition now.

Although if the EFL didn’t tell people what’s they can and can’t lose/spend this income would be less of an issue. 

as long as losses are written off then why does it matter? 39m losses are no more sustainable than 100m losses. If they want the circus to continue then owners willing to lose money need to prop that up. These owners aren’t then willing to be told they can’t spend.

Edited by Bluesteel

5 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The quicker sky sports goes bust the better football will become

I’ve done my bit. Sacked them off three years ago and never went back despite their pestering, and all kinds of offers, to get me back as a customer.

Try it people, it’s very liberating. Then switch to IPTV.

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans wanting football to be allowed to shovel more cash into players and agents pockets

Madness

It is no one but the clubs to blame. 

Vast amounts of money has come into the game, no stipulation on how the clubs spend it.

They could make tickets next to nothing, they could make facilities outstanding, they could make travel for away support free.....etc 

Clubs like ours don’t do any of this, they still choose to fleece the fans on tickets, merchandise etc and throw stupid amounts of money at second rate players and coaches 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, torres said:

It is no one but the clubs to blame. 

Vast amounts of money has come into the game, no stipulation on how the clubs spend it.

They could make tickets next to nothing, they could make facilities outstanding, they could make travel for away support free.....etc 

Clubs like ours don’t do any of this, they still choose to fleece the fans on tickets, merchandise etc and throw stupid amounts of money at second rate players and coaches 

Completely agree. However there’s only one group of people that can try and force change and that’s supporters. Unfortunately as much as people moan they’re not willing to do anything about it.