A little persective on the Derby match.

Guest Jack the Hat

If Jos had been sacked after the Norwich game and McCarthy was in charge on Friday night he'd have approached the game in exactly the same way, got the 0-0/clean sheet, come on telly afterwards, been all smug and smirky in his thick Yorkshire accent and all these folk moaning would have been cracking one off with their Horlicks and celebrating how he'd made us hard to beat in his first 90 mins in charge.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

If Jos had been sacked after the Norwich game and McCarthy was in charge on Friday night he'd have approached the game in exactly the same way, got the 0-0/clean sheet, come on telly afterwards, been all smug and smirky in his thick Yorkshire accent and all these folk moaning would have been cracking one off with their Horlicks and celebrating how he'd made us hard to beat in his first 90 mins in charge.

....sounds like what Jos did in his 1st game in charge last season......yes last season........and what has changed, errrrrr nothing.  I'm not advocating McCarthy, but at least we'd have had maybe one decent attempt on goal - we even had one of them last season.

6 minutes ago, podski1 said:

....sounds like what Jos did in his 1st game in charge last season......yes last season........and what has changed, errrrrr nothing.  I'm not advocating McCarthy, but at least we'd have had maybe one decent attempt on goal - we even had one of them last season.

United fans could say the exact same thing based on that argument.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

United fans could say the exact same thing based on that argument.

I don't get the fascination about United.  I'm not bothered how they played.  I'm not bothered how great / crap they are.  I'm bothered that we as a team under Jos are lacking leadership, lacking ideas, lacking creativity and personality which all stems from him.  Be honest sonofbert2, do you think the future looks good with him as manager?  c'mon take the blue and white tinted glasses of mate.

I think we defended manfully but what rankles with me is that we decided that we needed to do that to get anything from the game and it was a planned tactic from the off, not because United played well pushed us back and forced us to defend. I think we’d really have been up against it if they’d scored that Penalty, three subs wouldn’t have been enough to change things around. As for United they look a decent enough side to watch based on Friday but they don’t seem to have much end product in the final third. They’ll need more quality up front in January to maintain their top 6 position, too much reliance on Sharp scoring and I don’t think Unitedites seem very confident that will happen.

13 minutes ago, Boothy said:

They have a playing identity and the manager knows his best starting 11 and his best formation

We have none of the above 

He dropped/rested 2 from his best 11 the week before and lost the game then they returned and they drew our one.

They ran out of ideas and had no Plan B and were discussing Nuhiu as a solution on their forum after the game ended.

You can only smile really.