A little persective on the Derby match.

Guest Jack the Hat

Time erases memory lol I said before the game that the gaps between matches has people forgetting how rubbish we are 

I’m still pretty embarrassed by Friday night. Most teams in this league are fairly even and United were at least twice better than us, they probably won’t even get promoted and we still couldn’t compete. It’s not like their the clear best in the league. Put it this way, even Rotherham would have played better and created more 

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

You wont get ball retention playing 6 defenders and 1 isolated forward. We just hoofed it up field and it kept coming back. If that was the plan then we really are in the mire.

I agree, hoofball isn't the way for us to play - all the more reason for the players to find each others feet with the ball.

The big concern from many before the game was us getting slaughtered, especially after the last few games -

that never looked likely to me but that was down to the organisation and resilience shown by the team.

2 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Give over mate....

They slaughtered us...

75% possession with 19 attempts at goal....

25% of that was passing sideways, they were like the chuckle brothers at times, to me to you to me.

Of 19 attempts only 5 were on target including penalty, apart from early save others were nothing attempts which I could have stopped.

Apart from penalty best chance missed during 90 mins was Fox's early chance.

They weren't good enough to beat us, simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

25% of that was passing sideways, they were like the chuckle brothers at times, to me to you to me.

Of 19 attempts only 5 were on target including penalty, apart from early save others were nothing attempts which I could have stopped.

Apart from penalty best chance missed during 90 mins was Fox's early chance.

They weren't good enough to beat us, simple as that. 

League table doesnt lie.

There’s no denying United are a good side, but really they are quite predictable, much of their success being down to sheer hard running. This can be hard to maintain over a full season.

Now the season’s in full swing and everyone from tv pundits to opposition managers have analysed their play they’re beginning to falter like last season. 

An ageing strike force of Sharpe, McGoldrick and Clarke will not get them promoted I suspect. Failing to score in the last two matches, one against a shaky defence tells its own story.

So yes they are good but not that good and need additions to that strike force in January.

Problem is their budget stopped them landing their main targets in the summer and they have an ongoing ownership battle dogging their progress.

4 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

League table doesnt lie.

That's not what I'm on about, league table doesn't mean much in a game like this, if it did we would probably got beat easily. 

I doubt we'll finish above them but there's a long way to go and things can quickly change, just look at Norwich who were pants towards end of last season and are now flying, and this after selling James Maddison who was there best player last season.

Norwich fans had no confidence whatsoever in Farke's earlier this season with calls for him to be replaced by some fans.

35 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

You all need to take the blue glasses off. Another day and they could have scored three or four. We sat deep and they tried to break us down. What it highlighted was that a player like Forestieri would turn them into a decent team.

Aye,"THE POSESSION DAY MASSACRE"

For all their posession,wtf did they create really,i mean really ?

On another day they might get tonked,on another we day we may dish out a tonkin,all bluster they were and very little else

4 minutes ago, Blatter said:

There’s no denying United are a good side, but really they are quite predictable, much of their success being down to sheer hard running. This can be hard to maintain over a full season.

Now the season’s in full swing and everyone from tv pundits to opposition managers have analysed their play they’re beginning to falter like last season. 

An ageing strike force of Sharpe, McGoldrick and Clarke will not get them promoted I suspect. Failing to score in the last two matches, one against a shaky defence tells its own story.

So yes they are good but not that good and need additions to that strike force in January.

Problem is their budget stopped them landing their main targets in the summer and they have an ongoing ownership battle dogging their progress.

I agree, that forward line will cost them over the season.

They were all over us like a rash,good job they couldnt finish and good job we had a good keeper between sticks.We went there not to concede job done came away with a point.We showed bottle and did a job on em at theres again,but if we are all happy with that display then wow how much have we fallen from grace since CC's first 2 seasons a massive difference with basically nearly the same squad...poor imo...UTO FTB

3 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Aye,"THE POSESSION DAY MASSACRE"

For all their posession,wtf did they create really,i mean really ?

On another day they might get tonked,on another we day we may dish out a tonkin,all bluster they were and very little else

19 shots, 12 corners 75% possession and a missed penalty.

If we did that to them..... well, we'd all be saying we killed em.

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

They were all over us like a rash,good job they couldnt finish and good job we had a good keeper between sticks.We went there not to concede job done came away with a point.We showed bottle and did a job on em at theres again,but if we are all happy with that display then wow how much have we fallen from grace since CC's first 2 seasons a massive difference with basically nearly the same squad...poor imo...UTO FTB

Think  we maybe losing sight of what is/has been said by a few in here,no-one as i can see was happy with the display from an attacking point of view,because there wasn't any,what seems to be said,mostly by me as it happens is,for all their quick passy passy in ya face stuff,what did they do with it,i mean really,really do with it,not a great deal if truth be told.

Just now, CrosbyKitchens said:

19 shots, 12 corners 75% possession and a missed penalty.

If we did that to them..... well, we'd all be saying we killed em.

Oh god another one with the 19 shots crap,how many on target,that made you think,holy hell how did we get away with that ?

The penalty was one.....................well saved.

Prior to that,the shot from distance that Cameron saved and gave them a corner.

And fat lad from sheffields last minute header wide,am struggling to think of the other 2 of the official 5 on target,

Corners meh,lead to nowt did they ?

Posession............................erm.

6 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Think  we maybe losing sight of what is/has been said by a few in here,no-one as i can see was happy with the display from an attacking point of view,because there wasn't any,what seems to be said,mostly by me as it happens is,for all their quick passy passy in ya face stuff,what did they do with it,i mean really,really do with it,not a great deal if truth be told.

I know what your saying m8 but,we  created nowt really and looked a mile off of them,on paper man for man id honestly say we have the better players(squad)but,we looked a shadow of what we were and in a derby too??..hangin on for a nil nil really,why wernt we on the front foot just for 10.mins each half would have said something...we all seem to be celebrating over a nil nil at bumhole lane....UTO FTB

1 minute ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I know what your saying m8 but,we  created nowt really and looked a mile off of them,on paper man for man id honestly say we have the better players(squad)but,we looked a shadow of what we were and in a derby too??..hangin on for a nil nil really,why wernt we on the front foot just for 10.mins each half would have said something...we all seem to be celebrating over a nil nil at bumhole lane....UTO FTB

Agree with some of what you say fella,still won't stop me laughin and postin about their ineptness where it mattered....................UTO.

They turned up for a massacre.

We turned up for a clean sheet.

We won 0-0 and showed everyone else in the division their weaknesses whilst at the same time our inexperienced, under pressure keeper shut a few up on a big stage and the team displayed a gritty togetherness and a collective mental strength that everyone said they were lacking.  

All of this in torrential rain on a Friday night at The Lane.

Needs must sometimes in life and if you are in any doubt just look at Wilder's interview to see who really came out on top in that game.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Some of our fans are just happy with next to nothing. You’re like me - you expect and want much better. 

Oh do grow up.

Sick of seeing this kind of post - "I'm a better fan than you because I beat my chest, shout and complain a lot". We're a mid-table side with a lot of injury prone, inexperienced and mediocre players and no funds to do anything about it. But you keep on dreaming that we should be ripping up the league if it makes you feel better.