Perspective - This is a Major Rebuild & Jos Needs Time

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes it did. If you think back to that Norwich game, as an attacking unit we were excellent, with all three front players interchanging and causing Norwich real problems. However, our wing backs, or the areas in behind them, were constantly exploited by the visitors that day Think they racked up some 20 attempts at goal. Now I’d take that all day long, if we score five at the other end, but maybe Jos saw something he didn’t like, as he’s rarely played that way again. Only occasionally, when we’ve been chasing the game, has he released the shackles and pushed men forward

Yes, absolutely bang on. Now this leads back to what I've been prattling on about from pre season. Our defence needed strengthening. You saw in that last match  Baker at RWB and Reach at LWB. LWB always needed strengthening, Jos was always tinkering with it. RWB Hunt played when fit, he wasn't fit that day so he gave Baker a go (I never really thought Palmer recovered that season after having an absolute shocker against Ipswich in a night game) I'm sure the performance of the back line that day caused concern (despite the score line) even more so when he lost Hunt and Venancio and had an embargo placed upon us. 

From what I've seen the fullback / wingback positions remain weak, not surprising as we haven't been able to sign anyone and we are regularly playing kids there.  As I said above I think our best way of negating this weakness is to play to our strengths - our attacking players, get FF, Matias, Joao on the pitch. If Jos doesn't play those players when fit I'll have little sympathy for him. Tbf to Jos he has been the one to show faith in Joao and Matias, as CC seemed to ignore them.

51 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

When there was nothing at stake...........couldnt go up, couldnt go down.

Maybe so mate. But Jos earned that right as we were (imo) heading only one way when CC jumped ship. Add to the fact that we would have struggled to play 343 until FF fully returned from injury - maybe Joao, Nuhiu, Reach perhaps? That said I take your implied point about him not trying it this season (see Guru's post).