Who was dishing out the contracts?

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

According to Wikipedia there could be a possibility that Wednesday may have to pay money back when players are not sold if Doyen were used to finance the purchase of the player.

For example if Mr C used Doyen to part invest in the Almen Abdi purchase.

FFS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doyen_Group

Only the club and the EFL will know what the numbers are to comply.

It is clear we were under a "soft embargo" and went through the numbers and a trimming exercise to allow us to bring in the loanees.

Some of our players will be on HP and there will be various clauses in contracts etc that both have to be accounted for in the normal way and accounted for under EFL rules and anybody stating speculation as fact is just scaremongering about the unknown.

What is becoming pretty clear is that the PL has put pressure on the EFL to tighten the screw to make the punishment harsher so the crime is no longer as attractive in an attempt to protect both "their own" and get maximum benefit and as much guarantee as possible from their parachute payments.  I can sort of understand DC's perceived nonchalance and dismissal at the point when he said what he did as back then it was certainly clear that the financial crime was more than worth the financial penalties.

The other thing that is becoming clearer is that the Championship is becoming unsustainable for clubs as the PL wages trickle down and are sustained with parachute payments inflating costs for everyone hence the recent kerfuffle over Sky monies.

The audit will have been done on both current value/cost and future value/cost across the squad in relation to EFL requirements over recent months and that's why I sort of understand any players who've been underperforming or misbehaving being sidelined for more than one reason.  Basically they've picked the wrong time at the wrong club to either tossit off or show off.

It is also why we've gone with the youth for both attitude/committment and also as anyone doing particulary well and attracting good offers will be more likely to be total fee to us, or as close to. if sold.

The folk posting constantly putting 2+2 together based on the old days and scaring themselves and everyone else half to death can't possibly know because it will be a really, really complicated truth containing madness never witnessed before in our illustrious past of ample barmyness.

If you look at the numbers, look at the numbers of others, our peers, then you'd realise that pretty much everyone has been or could be in theshit.

We have certainly entered the new world with a bang but it actually could have been much bigger if we'd spent more on actual transfer fees for example although the big question for me is how it works with the players on finance and quite possibly any payments with respect to DC buying the club in the first place.

I am consoled by the fact that I don't think he's in the mind to walk away, probably couldn't even if he wanted to right now, and that there is always somebody else just as daft to come along and have a go and that it again most likely would have to be a "dodgy foreigner" as there is nobody local with anywhere near the money to sustain a true challenge over any kind of long period whilst things remain as they are.  

There are bigger clubs potentially in biggershit also and the prize still remains "worth it" for all this madness to continue a bit longer yet although you get the impression that something has to give pretty soon.

It actually could be worse and there is actually not much that we can do apart from keep hoping and clapping if just at least for the young uns who are about the closest thing to "real football" we have left.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

According to Wikipedia there could be a possibility that Wednesday may have to pay money back when players are not sold if Doyen were used to finance the purchase of the player.

For example if Mr C used Doyen to part invest in the Almen Abdi purchase.

FFS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doyen_Group

Is this what Chansiri was referring to when he said fans should not worry too much about the Profit and Sustainability regulations because "we had friends"?

On 11/11/2018 at 19:05, Animis said:

I suppose most will point to Doyen Sports. One thing always puzzled me with their involvement was the clear conflict of interest, between SWFC as a client and their players as agent.

i recommend you read this book;

download.jpg.ba53a5a0f8fdcc7dfb188443b129fc63.jpg

wont necessarily give you anything linking between swfc and doyen, but will give you a real (worrying) insight into their contract negotiations and the dodgy deals this company are involved in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Is this what Chansiri was referring to when he said fans should not worry too much about the Profit and Sustainability regulations because "we had friends"?

I'm beginning to think the people he considers to be freinds are Doyen.

If we got Hector on loan because of our links with Doyen then they aren't all bad, let's say good has a 20% minority stake in Doyen.

lol

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

It is clear we were under a "soft embargo" and went through the numbers and a trimming exercise to allow us to bring in the loanees.

Some of our players will be on HP and there will be various clauses in contracts etc that both have to be accounted for in the normal way and accounted for under EFL rules and anybody stating speculation as fact is just scaremongering about the unknown.

What is becoming pretty clear is that the PL has put pressure on the EFL to tighten the screw to make the punishment harsher so the crime is no longer as attractive in an attempt to protect both "their own" and get maximum benefit and as much guarantee as possible from their parachute payments.  I can sort of understand DC's perceived nonchalance and dismissal at the point when he said what he did as back then it was certainly clear that the financial crime was more than worth the financial penalties.

The other thing that is becoming clearer is that the Championship is becoming unsustainable for clubs as the PL wages trickle down and are sustained with parachute payments inflating costs for everyone hence the recent kerfuffle over Sky monies.

The audit will have been done on both current value/cost and future value/cost across the squad in relation to EFL requirements over recent months and that's why I sort of understand any players who've been underperforming or misbehaving being sidelined for more than one reason.  Basically they've picked the wrong time at the wrong club to either tossit off or show off.

It is also why we've gone with the youth for both attitude/committment and also as anyone doing particulary well and attracting good offers will be more likely to be total fee to us, or as close to. if sold.

The folk posting constantly putting 2+2 together based on the old days and scaring themselves and everyone else half to death can't possibly know because it will be a really, really complicated truth containing madness never witnessed before in our illustrious past of ample barmyness.

If you look at the numbers, look at the numbers of others, our peers, then you'd realise that pretty much everyone has been or could be in theshit.

We have certainly entered the new world with a bang but it actually could have been much bigger if we'd spent more on actual transfer fees for example although the big question for me is how it works with the players on finance and quite possibly any payments with respect to DC buying the club in the first place.

I am consoled by the fact that I don't think he's in the mind to walk away, probably couldn't even if he wanted to right now, and that there is always somebody else just as daft to come along and have a go and that it again most likely would have to be a "dodgy foreigner" as there is nobody local with anywhere near the money to sustain a true challenge over any kind of long period whilst things remain as they are.  

There are bigger clubs potentially in biggershit also and the prize still remains "worth it" for all this madness to continue a bit longer yet although you get the impression that something has to give pretty soon.

It actually could be worse and there is actually not much that we can do apart from keep hoping and clapping if just at least for the young uns who are about the closest thing to "real football" we have left.

Reading between the lines Doyen may have even lent Mr C part of the money to buy Sheffield Wednesday. 

They are obviously not allowed to buy clubs directly, but they are clearly involved in Football "Investments" on many levels, and we all know what Dave Allen used to think about "investing" in football. Dave Allen is beginning to look like a financial expert in football investment right now.

lol

Interesting enough I heard yesterday the Premier League is looking to place a ten foreign player limit on clubs following Brexit. It would not surprise me if that brings the whole house of cards crashing down as there will be a fire of foreign players.

Football is broken from top to bottom.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 09:27, fred mciver said:

Not in trouble? Our own auditors refused to say we are a going concern and we need £15 million CASH before 31 May 2019 to avoid FFP disaster - possibly points deductions leading to relegation

Will be difficult for any player sales as sharks see blood in the water , hence daft Westy et al bids in August.

Our spending to income ratio is 124% - highest anywhere - and we have worst defence in division with one clean sheet and top players banned from appearing. Must be great for morale.

And from what Brown said on Sky, it is clear we are a joke outfit in football where a mob like Doyen act for both club and player. 

Put in PR disasters like Radio Sheffield and it is clear DC's ego has badly skewed his judgement.

They have made noises about this but have not actually done it yet, I'm not so sure they ever will.

So suppose we sell sell sell....how much exactly would the club bank.?

DC said we are in big bobbar if we don't go up.

But thought at the time, yeah but sell a couple of our better players problem solved, not ideal but not a massive crisis.

And now reading between the lines..maybe we would end up with a small percentage if we did sell. Strange, now thinking back DC said we are not a selling club..we ain't sold anybody of note.

15 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

While I agree with your theory you seem to contradict yourself a bit though.

anybody stating speculation as fact is just scaremongering about the unknown.

What is becoming pretty clear is that the PL has put pressure on the EFL to tighten the screw to make the punishment harsher so the crime is no longer as attractive in an attempt to protect both "their own" and get maximum benefit and as much guarantee as possible from their parachute payments.

The folk posting constantly putting 2+2 together based on the old days and scaring themselves and everyone else half to death can't possibly know

lol

On 11/11/2018 at 15:05, Animis said:

I suppose most will point to Doyen Sports. One thing always puzzled me with their involvement was the clear conflict of interest, between SWFC as a client and their players as agent.

i'm not convinced this can be laid at the door of doyen.

i would imagine it wouldn't be the brightest of moves for anyone to purchase players from a holding body, whilst allowing that body to arrange the payments, costs, and add on's etc. and thus i have to doubt that happened.

On 11/11/2018 at 23:01, Lord Snooty said:

Who was in charge on contract negotiations in years 1 & 2?

Carlos always insisted he was nowhere near that side of things, and I have to believe that as few -if any-  managers are involved in that side of it these days. 

We have Katrien in situ now presumably doing the deals.

(Not that we have had any deals to do with the kitty being empty!)

But who was doing them in Years 1 &2? 

Who was assigned the role of meeting with player representatives and agreeing to the huge wages, bonuses, signing in fees and triggers which seem to have been the norm and which now hang heavy around the clubs neck like chains?

Glenn got fired

On 11/11/2018 at 18:44, Ozymandias Owl said:

Redgate

Carlos

Mr C

They must have all agreed the contracts were necessary to secure these second rate Premier League has beens.

Ultimately two of them have lost their jobs, as Mr C would have trusted their advice.

Carlos in particular was the man in charge of building the team required to secure promotion and if he knew what he was doing then the contract details would have been irrelevant.

Can you imagine if we had been promoted? In all probability we'd have been in the same mess today with these players and contracts, back in the Championship.

i don't think for one minute i can be 'mistaken' for a fan of ole coco, but 'building a team to secure promotion', isn't a given even for people with bucket loads to spend, and thus whoever the manager/head coach was to be had his work cut out to achieve this aim.

had he managed to achieve promotion to the 'promised land' then the 'gold' to be found there, and any 'parachute' money thereafter would have given us (financially) the bounce to fight further promotion campaigns whilst being within the 'cushy envelope' of being in competition with a number of sides handicapped for us by (none) FFP rules.

whilst having 'released' gray, we appeared to be linked with 'a big name' appointment, only for them not to 'materialise' and...

the rest is history.

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Reading between the lines Doyen may have even lent Mr C part of the money to buy Sheffield Wednesday. 

They are obviously not allowed to buy clubs directly, but they are clearly involved in Football "Investments" on many levels, and we all know what Dave Allen used to think about "investing" in football. Dave Allen is beginning to look like a financial expert in football investment right now.

lol

Interesting enough I heard yesterday the Premier League is looking to place a ten foreign player limit on clubs following Brexit. It would not surprise me if that brings the whole house of cards crashing down as there will be a fire of foreign players.

'WHICH' brexit's that?

9 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

lol

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Hookowl said:

While I agree with your theory you seem to contradict yourself a bit though.

anybody stating speculation as fact is just scaremongering about the unknown.

What is becoming pretty clear is that the PL has put pressure on the EFL to tighten the screw to make the punishment harsher so the crime is no longer as attractive in an attempt to protect both "their own" and get maximum benefit and as much guarantee as possible from their parachute payments.

The folk posting constantly putting 2+2 together based on the old days and scaring themselves and everyone else half to death can't possibly know

lol

I've done a big post with a few links but have to go out after I've had a poo so will finish it later. (Post not poo).

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

We are asking £49 to watch a poor team play turgid footy with prospect of relegation or top player sales in Jan.

Meanwhile , our best players are banned from playing due to contract clauses.

That's down to DC , aided by Doyen. 

Let's hope Rhodes keeps rocking.

You really couldn't make it up mate. It beggars belief.