Who was dishing out the contracts?

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Not in trouble? Our own auditors refused to say we are a going concern and we need £15 million CASH before 31 May 2019 to avoid FFP disaster - possibly points deductions leading to relegation. 

Will be difficult for any player sales as sharks see blood in the water , hence daft Westy et al bids in August.

Our spending to income ratio is 124% - highest anywhere - and we have worst defence in division with one clean sheet and top players banned from appearing. Must be great for morale.

And from what Brown said on Sky, it is clear we are a joke outfit in football where a mob like Doyen act for both club and player. 

Put in PR disasters like Radio Sheffield and it is clear DC's ego has badly skewed his judgement.

Perfectly explained but many will still pretend this is rubbish. 

I fail to see that even under the most extreme pressure financially that we would not make 15m in player sales should we need to.

According to some on here Reach and FF are both worth that alone and according to others we would save that from the wage bill just by terminating Jones' contract.

Some folk seem to love all the drama.

8 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Not in trouble? Our own auditors refused to say we are a going concern and we need £15 million CASH before 31 May 2019 to avoid FFP disaster - possibly points deductions leading to relegation. 

Will be difficult for any player sales as sharks see blood in the water , hence daft Westy et al bids in August.

Our spending to income ratio is 124% - highest anywhere - and we have worst defence in division with one clean sheet and top players banned from appearing. Must be great for morale.

And from what Brown said on Sky, it is clear we are a joke outfit in football where a mob like Doyen act for both club and player. 

Put in PR disasters like Radio Sheffield and it is clear DC's ego has badly skewed his judgement.

It seems that DC is the only one who cannot see this. He is being totally mugged off and screwed by these clowns. 

On 11/11/2018 at 15:28, Blatter said:

At a rough guess his initials might be D.C.

This and no one else. The talk of Doyen etc is rubbish. Can you imagine anyone other that DC being allowed to give contracts out. 

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

This and no one else. The talk of Doyen etc is rubbish. Can you imagine anyone other that DC being allowed to give contracts out. 

He must certainly have been responsible for agreeing them and signing them off.

10 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I fail to see that even under the most extreme pressure financially that we would not make 15m in player sales should we need to.

According to some on here Reach and FF are both worth that alone and according to others we would save that from the wage bill just by terminating Jones' contract.

True, but Spectre I assume are in it for the a cut of the sell on Monday as well. If we sell a player for £15 mill how much will the club see?

It all sounds very much like what was going on with Carlos Teves during his career.

13 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Of course he would have had the final say you would have thought but he would not have sourced the players this is where the smoke and mirrors are in force.

17 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Isn't problem is we can sell one of best players in January to plug the black hole, probably at a less then market value as the buying club know we need the money.

This will solve the problem in the short term but weaken the team and when next transfer window comes up maybe have to do the same. Does not automatically follow but the majority of time the playing side is in a downward spiral. 

First season under DC would have been Paul Aldridge Glenn Roeder and Adam Pearson in there brief time here.... so the likes of Wallace Hunt Bannan Forstieri Matias Joao Lopez Pudil Hooper (may have been after Roeder) will have been there doing.

I seem to remember Aldridge left after that season by which time Pearson and Roeder were long gone. So who after this period did them I don't know.

It looks to me from the outside that this is the period where things started to go south contract and signing wise. (Fletcher, Abdi, Jones, Rhodes and Fox etc).

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 17:33, sonofbert2 said:

And how much did we raise in August? £1.2 mill.

Plus, transfer fees usually paid in 3 instalments so we need £45 million in January from player sales for £15 mill cash..

Of course, a club will give you all in cash  -  but at a massive discount, say £5 milllion for Bannon max.

Fessi's worth two bob at present.

Edited by fred mciver

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Plus, transfer fees usually paid in 3 instalments so we need £45 million in January from player sales for £15 mill cash..

Of course, a club will give you all in cash  -  but at a massive discount, say £5 milllion for Bannon max.

With the wages you quote constantly we won't have to sell anyone.

Jones' salary alone will cover the gap.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

This really is the single most important issue at the club.

If Jos is forced out of the club by results then reading between the lines Paxo Chicken will pick the next Manager in all probability. Very similar story to the swapping and changing of managers at Watford if we're not careful.

I really think Mr C should take stock of the situation and realise that to build the club the Manager and the Transfer Policy should always be aligned to the long-term progress of the club. What I'm seeing from Jos appears to be just that, but perhaps only enforced by FFP, but if once FFP is lifted another Paxo Chicken man is burning money again on the wrong players, then we'll quickly be back to the current situation again.

We can talk about Megson, McCarthy and Holloway all we like, but the fans might not get what they bargained for, again....

On 12/11/2018 at 18:27, CLswfc said:

Ha

I'll try and explain, though I doubt you will understand.

'others' are there to 'help' DC....DC pays em, he trusts them....well he used to...

'Others' recommend players, managers etc..they tell DC good deal sign em up!

DC trusts them so he signs them up....Because if he didn't what the foook would the point be of having 'advisors'?

Also those " advisers" run / have strong ties to sports management companies who hold financial stakes in players at other clubs ,and recommend those players to us . 

We have people acting as a Representative for the club AND the players. Total conflict of interest . It beggars belief.   

21 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

With the wages you quote constantly we won't have to sell anyone.

Jones' salary alone will cover the gap.

:duntmatter:

Of course, wages  are all a guestimate now but I'd put Jones on about £20k per week, plus social costs and pension contributions.

No doubt he's another one now 'injured'.

Better in the old days when as a (B) shareholder the club had to reveal its top salaries in audited accounts.

Now all we get is we are not solvent. Still , the pies are better. 

23 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Also those " advisers" run / have strong ties to sports management companies who hold financial stakes in players at other clubs ,and recommend those players to us . 

We have people acting as a Representative for the club AND the players. Total conflict of interest . It beggars belief.   

According to Wikipedia there could be a possibility that Wednesday may have to pay money back when players are not sold if Doyen were used to finance the purchase of the player.

For example if Mr C used Doyen to part invest in the Almen Abdi purchase.

FFS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doyen_Group