Who was dishing out the contracts?

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its an utter joke ,and not a funny one. I see this getting a lot worse before it gets better. 

What baffles me is why we are still buying into it all? 

Or is it when more fans take a stance and don't pay the extortionate money for a St when the real stuff starts to hit the fan? 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Its an utter joke ,and not a funny one. I see this getting a lot worse before it gets better. 

Let's say Mr C has finally woken up and the contract extensions are the reason for the freezer team. That would make sense? Although Paxo Chicken has been cited as being involved in the signing of Jos, which would contradict that view.

The point is this is the real problem at Sheffield Wednesday, and the freezer team is the symptom of the problem.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I totally agree mate. I don't think we've seen anything yet. Wait for the next set of accounts and what that will mean for the club. It's scary tbh. 

We aren't in trouble until he decides to pack it all in and there will obviously be a huge financial part played in him making that decision.

People need to get of here and look a little wider, look at the accounts and spending of our current peers and the pond in which we are now swimming.

If Cardiff, for example, had not secured promotion last year then they were going to be in "big trouble".  They were operating with parachute payments.

Look at what Huddersfield really spent to go up, their wage bill etc.

Look at Brentford and how they exist on their chairman's money which is given on the back of redeveloping their current ground and moving to a new one i.e real estate.

Look at Derby, Forest, Leeds and their last 6 seasons of trying to do it, what they've spent, lost and learned along the way.

Look at our closest neighbours and rivals whose Chairman has funded day to day costs from a golden generation of transfer deals and is still trying to claw back his previous outlay before selling on.

Look at all their transfer dealings, purchases and sales, they have all come unstuck by mercanaries and expensive bargains.

I like Lee's post because it acknowledges what I've always thought which is DC, for a football club owner, is far from the worst we could have and is a victim of mainly naivety more than anything and tbh it could actually be much worse.

Finally, look at Hull City, read why they didn't turn up at Wembley, look at what has happened since.  Truly awful owners.

We don't have to lick DC's batty but maybe we should cut him a bit more slack.  He and we had a huge dose of beginners luck which set expectations a bit too high for everyone in a game and arena where there are never, ever any guarantees.  You can improve your chances but the outcome is never certain and there are folk creaming what they can for themselves every step of the way,  agents and players being the main culprits.

He ultimately wants the same as us and his chances of success are the same as ours and depend on a group of blokes running around for 90 minutes once or twice a week.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

We aren't in trouble until he decides to pack it all in and there will obviously be a huge financial part played in him making that decision.

People need to get of here and look a little wider, look at the accounts and spending of our current peers and the pond in which we are now swimming.

If Cardiff, for example, had not secured promotion last year then they were going to be in "big trouble".  They were operating with parachute payments.

Look at what Huddersfield really spent to go up, their wage bill etc.

Look at Brentford and how they exist on their chairman's money which is given on the back of redeveloping their current ground and moving to a new one i.e real estate.

Look at Derby, Forest, Leeds and their last 6 seasons of trying to do it, what they've spent, lost and learned along the way.

Look at our closest neighbours and rivals whose Chairman has funded day to day costs from a golden generation of transfer deals and is still trying to claw back his previous outlay before selling on.

Look at all their transfer dealings, purchases and sales, they have all come unstuck by mercanaries and expensive bargains.

I like Lee's post because it acknowledges what I've always thought which is DC, for a football club owner, is far from the worst we could have and is a victim of mainly naivety more than anything and tbh it could actually be much worse.

Finally, look at Hull City, read why they didn't turn up at Wembley, look at what has happened since.  Truly awful owners.

We don't have to lick DC's batty but maybe we should cut him a bit more slack.  He and we had a huge dose of beginners luck which set expectations a bit too high for everyone in a game and arena where there are never, ever any guarantees.  You can improve your chances but the outcome is never certain and there are folk creaming what they can for themselves every step of the way,  agents and players being the main culprits.

He ultimately wants the same as us and his chances of success are the same as ours and depend on a group of blokes running around for 90 minutes once or twice a week.  

Fantastic post mate, bang on, which wont suit some sadly

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Paxo Chicken aka he who shall not be named for fear of legal threats is and always has been the shadow DoF. DC in his own mind made / makes all the decisions, but he does so based on Paxo's options presented.

The pretend committee* was only in place because the league was looking at the common linkages between Wednesday and Reading with Paxo Chicken suspected of being involved at both clubs prior to DC buying our club. I was told there were concerns that the respective owners were being targeted with a shakedown........

* which is the basis for DC saying the committee made no signings.

This whole approach plus inserting himself into many football matters, no doubt encouraged to do so in order to keep his mind ocupied on the 'rush of being a football owner' so as not to notice all his families money plus the contributions of Wednesdayites being frittered away, has resulted in us having a bloated imbalanced squad and no football identity from which to build team spirit.

The longer DC keeps the current structure in place, and putting himself in a position of falling out with players and thereafter freezing them out / sorry keeping them in our family, then the more we will waste our opportunity to reestablish our club in the Premier League.

Its so frustrating watching the Chansiri family and Wednesdayites being mugged off in this way, and the result being that DC thinks it's him against Wednesdayites, when actually the problem is that he has allowed the fox inside the henhouse......and given said fox the keys.....

I take DC at his word and view him a victim of circumstance whose upbringing and sense of entitlement has resulted in the culturally strong loyalty being very painfully misplaced. But that can only go on for so long before the person thrashing around in quicksand has to take responsibility for their own actions......

Summed up nicely.

Frustrating that we when we finally got some decent investment, circumstances conspired against us.

5 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

To burn in hell with any luck! 

It doesn't sound too me like he's gone though.

I recall Mr C allegedly making a comment at the time of the Embargo that there was no need to worry as we had "freinds"

Maybe the Hector and Onomah deals are payback from Spectre?

It worries me that clubs like Watford really have a vested interest in seeing clubs like Wednesday stay in the Championship. When all is said and done this side of the football competition doesn't end after ninety minutes, it continues 365 days a year.

Not in trouble? Our own auditors refused to say we are a going concern and we need £15 million CASH before 31 May 2019 to avoid FFP disaster - possibly points deductions leading to relegation. 

Will be difficult for any player sales as sharks see blood in the water , hence daft Westy et al bids in August.

Our spending to income ratio is 124% - highest anywhere - and we have worst defence in division with one clean sheet and top players banned from appearing. Must be great for morale.

And from what Brown said on Sky, it is clear we are a joke outfit in football where a mob like Doyen act for both club and player. 

Put in PR disasters like Radio Sheffield and it is clear DC's ego has badly skewed his judgement.

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who was in charge on contract negotiations in years 1 & 2?

Carlos always insisted he was nowhere near that side of things, and I have to believe that as few -if any-  managers are involved in that side of it these days. 

We have Katrien in situ now presumably doing the deals.

(Not that we have had any deals to do with the kitty being empty!)

But who was doing them in Years 1 &2? 

Who was assigned the role of meeting with player representatives and agreeing to the huge wages, bonuses, signing in fees and triggers which seem to have been the norm and which now hang heavy around the clubs neck like chains?

Finally after many votes we are starting as a fan base to ask the correct questions.

Anyone who looks at club from a distance has to be surprised about transfer policy we adopted it made no football or commercial sense to most people. We repeatedly bought players in positions we did not need them and neglected other areas where players were required. We bought and loaned players mainly from a select group of clubs (Watford, Burnley, Sunderland, Charlton, Middlesborough and brought players in from Portugal), which suggested scouting was limited or not effective. 

What's more we were paying good wages which meant we could attract players from most clubs so did not have to look for cheap players.

Its clear the Doyen Group had players under their control. Different parts of the organisation also had manager CC as a client. the COO Joe Palmer, and undertook scouting for the club. They would have to be different organisations as conflict of interests would arise. 

I also understand Milan Mandaric introduced Doyen to the club to help him find a new owner. We are aware of a management advisor to club being a former Doyen man.

The question was asked who is responsible for the contracts well as all signings were subject to a veto from manager they have to take some responsibility, I also presume they must indicate as to length of contract which may be appropriate. Anyone who had any idea about football knew age of team was too old so if any advisor on football matters was looking on this point should have been raised. 

DC was not brought in a football environment and has had to rely on others. unfortunately they have let him down badly and if there is remaining influence in club who have led us down the current path the need to be removed before any future major decisions need to be made.

18 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I'll bet Joey P's agent will have negotiated a tough deal as well to keep him in hair gel.

There is a load of Gentleman's hair product which has been left in Sam Hutchinson's locker.

He hasn't been back to collect it so Joey P can have it.

UTO's

19 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Who was in charge on contract negotiations in years 1 & 2?

I always thought DC was in charge of it all and he was the one that greenlighted preposterous and ridiculous contracts and figures to players showing his lack of footballing expertise and naivety?

Are we saying .. or an ex chairman and few others saying that Paxo Chicken Stuffing is the man behind the figures and DC was just a puppet?

Edited by Hack-Abusi