Who was dishing out the contracts?

6 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

Backs up my stance of not buying a season ticket. I just can't stomach paying the money only for it to be wasted and peed up a wall. I genuinely worry about the future of our club. We have all those people who have 3, 4 and 5 year season tickets and what happens when that money isn't coming in? 

Sounds very much like Paxo is the one pulling the strings at Hillsbro 

15 minutes ago, Animis said:

Nelio Lucas is a name that keeps cropping up - he doesn't get a particularly good name in this article:

https://theblacksea.eu/stories/football-leaks/football-leaks-the-dirty-tricks-of-doyen-sports/

Cheers, I'd not read that. I've heard his name before but not with particular reference to Wednesday. I know for a fact that "the stuffing man" is still directly involved at S6.

I honestly hate what money has done to football. People are rightly disgusted by the figures earned by top players, but at least they have some talent and help deliver entertainment to the punters. The leaching, talentless money men who lurk in the shadows are wringing the game for all it's worth; they don't give a damn about its long-term stability, the fans and even (judging by that article) their clients.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

Paxo Chicken aka he who shall not be named for fear of legal threats is and always has been the shadow DoF. DC in his own mind made / makes all the decisions, but he does so based on Paxo's options presented.

The pretend committee* was only in place because the league was looking at the common linkages between Wednesday and Reading with Paxo Chicken suspected of being involved at both clubs prior to DC buying our club. I was told there were concerns that the respective owners were being targeted with a shakedown........

* which is the basis for DC saying the committee made no signings.

This whole approach plus inserting himself into many football matters, no doubt encouraged to do so in order to keep his mind ocupied on the 'rush of being a football owner' so as not to notice all his families money plus the contributions of Wednesdayites being frittered away, has resulted in us having a bloated imbalanced squad and no football identity from which to build team spirit.

The longer DC keeps the current structure in place, and putting himself in a position of falling out with players and thereafter freezing them out / sorry keeping them in our family, then the more we will waste our opportunity to reestablish our club in the Premier League.

Its so frustrating watching the Chansiri family and Wednesdayites being mugged off in this way, and the result being that DC thinks it's him against Wednesdayites, when actually the problem is that he has allowed the fox inside the henhouse......and given said fox the keys.....

I take DC at his word and view him a victim of circumstance whose upbringing and sense of entitlement has resulted in the culturally strong loyalty being very painfully misplaced. But that can only go on for so long before the person thrashing around in quicksand has to take responsibility for their own actions......

Chicken man still involved, Lee?

It's been pretty obvious for a while we (DC) were sold a 3 year package which involved a plan, manager and players.

The plan incorporated CC's philosophy and also a shake up of the academy side with a look o the future.  The stadium had cosmetic changes, new pitch and there was the rebranding with the badge.

Our playing staff were the best from before mixed with some new experience and also signings funded/made with the prospect of future sell-on in mind.

It is also pretty clear that we were now a club to park some players with some kind of kickback in relation to future signings and also possibly financial.

Where we are now is as a result of the plan not quite coming off and has already been mentioned, we perhaps actually suffered a little with our early success.

It's all very easy with hindsight but it should be taken into account that quite a few of our better players were free or low fees which will have been secured re. best offers to them as well as the plan itself.

Nobody really screamed about any of the signings when they were made as most could see "the point" of signing them.

Our problems currently are down to the differences in the old plan to the new plan and in particular the approaches off CC V JL to some players.

FFP has caught us out but we are not alone in suffering from renewed pressure/politics from the Premier League in an attempt to make it surer that their parachute payments + tighter restrictions protect those falling and help them have the best chance of returning quickly.

We are now operating in a very different world to one we've ever been used to.  It's very easy to point fingers and make accusations but show me a club chairman without an ego, a club not being creamed by players/agents and a club whose fans are 100% happy with the way things are run.

There is plenty of info and reading out there to allow folk to join the dots and there is hardly anyone out there not lining their pockets in some way from the absolute disgrace modern football has become.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Cheers, I'd not read that. I've heard his name before but not with particular reference to Wednesday. I know for a fact that "the stuffing man" is still directly involved at S6.

I honestly hate what money has done to football. People are rightly disgusted by the figures earned by top players, but at least they have some talent and help deliver entertainment to the punters. The leaching, talentless money men who lurk in the shadows are wringing the game for all it's worth; they don't give a damn about its long-term stability, the fans and even (judging by that article) their clients.

It's sad, because the average fans just rocks up on Saturday, has a couple of pints and a pie and watches the game and goes home - unbeknown to him that this murky underworld of corruption and lies; fed out of a lust for money is sat next to him in the stands.

We've, through DC, have got entailed in this nonsense - football is becoming a million miles away from the game i got into 40 odd years ago. I heard Billy Bragg's God's Footballer on the radio today - nearly cried:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I was under the impression the company set up dealing specifically with Wednesday had ceased trading?

They have many different companies ,under many different names, all with the same directors. 

2 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Paxo Chicken aka he who shall not be named for fear of legal threats is and always has been the shadow DoF. DC in his own mind made / makes all the decisions, but he does so based on Paxo's options presented.

The pretend committee* was only in place because the league was looking at the common linkages between Wednesday and Reading with Paxo Chicken suspected of being involved at both clubs prior to DC buying our club. I was told there were concerns that the respective owners were being targeted with a shakedown........

* which is the basis for DC saying the committee made no signings.

This whole approach plus inserting himself into many football matters, no doubt encouraged to do so in order to keep his mind ocupied on the 'rush of being a football owner' so as not to notice all his families money plus the contributions of Wednesdayites being frittered away, has resulted in us having a bloated imbalanced squad and no football identity from which to build team spirit.

The longer DC keeps the current structure in place, and putting himself in a position of falling out with players and thereafter freezing them out / sorry keeping them in our family, then the more we will waste our opportunity to reestablish our club in the Premier League.

Its so frustrating watching the Chansiri family and Wednesdayites being mugged off in this way, and the result being that DC thinks it's him against Wednesdayites, when actually the problem is that he has allowed the fox inside the henhouse......and given said fox the keys.....

I take DC at his word and view him a victim of circumstance whose upbringing and sense of entitlement has resulted in the culturally strong loyalty being very painfully misplaced. But that can only go on for so long before the person thrashing around in quicksand has to take responsibility for their own actions......

So is Paxo Chicken still involved with Mr C?

I assume Spectre got involved with George Hirst?

If Paxo Chicken is still involved, when do we see the benefit of joining Spectre, which I can only assume is a Ponzi Scheme?

Can we hope Almen Abdi will be sold for £8 million to the latest member of Spectre in January, or has Paxo Chicken taken Mr C and the fans to the cleaners for the last time?

Our progress in the modern game can be illustrated very clearly by a subject close to everyones hearts - the shirt/sponsor.

We had SCH, free of charge, which was a noble gesture that resulted in bad publicity when the club were late giving them the money raised.

This was followed by the VW one in our promotion season under MM that fell off in the wash.

There was Land of Fire which was never paid for and given as a sweetener to the potential new owner who was far from squeaky clean.

Now we have Chansiri that he has paid 80m quid for and rising and the fans have weighed in a chunk too along the way.

I'd call that progress.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1