Who was dishing out the contracts?

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hmm. So the Redgate chap might have been he one throwing money at the players like a man with no arms then. 

Redgate

Carlos

Mr C

They must have all agreed the contracts were necessary to secure these second rate Premier League has beens.

Ultimately two of them have lost their jobs, as Mr C would have trusted their advice.

Carlos in particular was the man in charge of building the team required to secure promotion and if he knew what he was doing then the contract details would have been irrelevant.

Can you imagine if we had been promoted? In all probability we'd have been in the same mess today with these players and contracts, back in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

And why did he disclose everyone’s salary to Chris Wilder?

I don't really know how these things work in football, but I assume the agents have no reason not to make contracts public knowledge, it's in their interest in many ways to make them public.

12 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Paxo Chicken aka he who shall not be named for fear of legal threats is and always has been the shadow DoF. DC in his own mind made / makes all the decisions, but he does so based on Paxo's options presented.

The pretend committee* was only in place because the league was looking at the common linkages between Wednesday and Reading with Paxo Chicken suspected of being involved at both clubs prior to DC buying our club. I was told there were concerns that the respective owners were being targeted with a shakedown........

* which is the basis for DC saying the committee made no signings.

This whole approach plus inserting himself into many football matters, no doubt encouraged to do so in order to keep his mind ocupied on the 'rush of being a football owner' so as not to notice all his families money plus the contributions of Wednesdayites being frittered away, has resulted in us having a bloated imbalanced squad and no football identity from which to build team spirit.

The longer DC keeps the current structure in place, and putting himself in a position of falling out with players and thereafter freezing them out / sorry keeping them in our family, then the more we will waste our opportunity to reestablish our club in the Premier League.

Its so frustrating watching the Chansiri family and Wednesdayites being mugged off in this way, and the result being that DC thinks it's him against Wednesdayites, when actually the problem is that he has allowed the fox inside the henhouse......and given said fox the keys.....

I take DC at his word and view him a victim of circumstance whose upbringing and sense of entitlement has resulted in the culturally strong loyalty being very painfully misplaced. But that can only go on for so long before the person thrashing around in quicksand has to take responsibility for their own actions......

This ^^^^^^

Plus the first season success has worked against us , its year 2 that fecked us , instead of building on the momentum with shrewd signings we were left buying what we are carrying now 

A bloated ageing disjointed .....expensive squad .

Mr C has been shafted and so have we .  Can he turn it around ? 

Does he have the appetite  ? 

17 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

Paxo Chicken aka he who shall not be named for fear of legal threats is and always has been the shadow DoF. DC in his own mind made / makes all the decisions, but he does so based on Paxo's options presented.

The pretend committee* was only in place because the league was looking at the common linkages between Wednesday and Reading with Paxo Chicken suspected of being involved at both clubs prior to DC buying our club. I was told there were concerns that the respective owners were being targeted with a shakedown........

This whole approach plus inserting himself into many football matters, no doubt encouraged to do so in order to keep his mind ocupied on the 'rush of being a football owner' so as not to notice all his families money plus the contributions of Wednesdayites being frittered away, has resulted in us having a bloated imbalanced squad and no football identity from which to build team spirit.

The longer DC keeps the current structure in place, and putting himself in a position of falling out with players and thereafter freezing them out / sorry keeping them in our family, then the more we will waste our opportunity to reestablish our club in the Premier League.

Its so frustrating watching the Chansiri family and Wednesdayites being mugged off in this way, and the result being that DC thinks it's him against Wednesdayites, when actually the problem is that he has allowed the fox inside the henhouse......and given said fox the keys.....

I take DC at his word and view him a victim of circumstance whose upbringing and sense of entitlement has resulted in the culturally strong loyalty being very painfully misplaced. But that can only go on for so long before the person thrashing around in quicksand has to take responsibility for their own actions......

that's way over my head so I googled "Paxo chicken reading " and evidently it's £1-70 at waitrose …….who's Paxo chicken ?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

This ^^^^^^

Plus the first season success has worked against us , its year 2 that fecked us , instead of building on the momentum with shrewd signings we were left buying what we are carrying now 

A bloated ageing disjointed .....expensive squad .

Mr C has been shafted and so have we .  Can he turn it around ? 

Does he have the appetite  ? 

Or, the money?

Serious Question.

27 minutes ago, Lee Strafford said:

This backs up what many of us on here have been saying all along , but any topics on this were removed and " Advice" issued that these people dont like being talked about , or questions asked of business operations. 

Think it's pretty apparent that Mr C has surrounded himself with parasites and glad handed sycophants. 

When you're signing up Emanuelson  (remember him) on reported wages of 30k, to play in the reserves, then clearly more is going on than a few missteps in the transfer market.

As long as Chansiri carries down this path then I see little chance for us to properly turnaround. We all know how much the off field nonsense can have a massively negative impact on the pitch.

Whilst I'm less impressed than Jos, I have to say that this is a turd of a job, outside of the pay and supposed stature of the club.

Not good. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think it's pretty apparent that Mr C has surrounded himself with parasites and glad handed sycophants. 

When you're signing up Emanuelson  (remember him) on reported wages of 30k, to play in the reserves, then clearly more is going on than a few missteps in the transfer market.

As long as Chansiri carries down this path then I see little chance for us to properly turnaround. We all know how much the off field nonsense can have a massively negative impact on the pitch.

Whilst I'm less impressed than Jos, I have to say that this is a turd of a job, outside of the pay and supposed stature of the club.

Not good. 

Without a doubt mate .

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

cheers mate …..not good is it …...

Not really.

I'm not sure how much anyone actually knows for certain, but I think too much points to the conclusion that the whole set up is rotten, that it's too much to ignore... If it walks and quacks like a duck and all that.

Backs up my stance of not buying a season ticket. I just can't stomach paying the money only for it to be wasted and peed up a wall. I genuinely worry about the future of our club. We have all those people who have 3, 4 and 5 year season tickets and what happens when that money isn't coming in?