Who was dishing out the contracts?

Who was in charge on contract negotiations in years 1 & 2?

Carlos always insisted he was nowhere near that side of things, and I have to believe that as few -if any-  managers are involved in that side of it these days. 

We have Katrien in situ now presumably doing the deals.

(Not that we have had any deals to do with the kitty being empty!)

But who was doing them in Years 1 &2? 

Who was assigned the role of meeting with player representatives and agreeing to the huge wages, bonuses, signing in fees and triggers which seem to have been the norm and which now hang heavy around the clubs neck like chains?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Carlos always insisted he was nowhere near that side of things, and I have to believe that as few -if any-  managers are involved in that side of it these days. 

Who was assigned the role of meeting with player representatives and agreeing to the huge wages, bonuses, signing in fees and triggers which seem to have been the norm and which now hang heavy around the clubs neck like chains?

I suppose most will point to Doyen Sports. One thing always puzzled me with their involvement was the clear conflict of interest, between SWFC as a client and their players as agent.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

I suppose most will point to Doyen Sports. One thing always puzzled me with their involvement was the clear conflict of interest, between SWFC as a client and their players as agent.

True they were definitely sticking their oar in throwing possible targets at the club (usually their own clients!) 

But they didn't have the likes of Westwood, Fletcher,  Winnall, Boyd, Jones or Rhodes on their books did they. 

Who was sat in the room thrashing out those skinting deals before Katrien arrived?

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

True they were definitely sticking their oar in throwing possible targets at the club (usually their own clients!) 

But they didn't have the likes of Westwood, Fletcher,  Winnall, Boyd, Jones or Rhodes on their books did they. 

Who was sat in the room thrashing out those skinting deals before Katrien arrived?

Joe Palmer was there as COO from July 2016 to January 2018, so I expect him.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Where's he gone to now? 

AFC Wimbledon, but actually now looking at the SWFC press release from July 2016, it probably wasn't him:

Joe will formulate the commercial and corporate strategy of the club, together with overseeing the retail, ticketing and marketing operations. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

One would presume Paul Aldridge ? he was CEO until Jan 2018.

4 minutes ago, Animis said:

AFC Wimbledon, but actually now looking at the SWFC press release from July 2016, it probably wasn't him:

Joe will formulate the commercial and corporate strategy of the club, together with overseeing the retail, ticketing and marketing operations. 

It was all a bit vague, and pointed towards DC for me.

15 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

At a rough guess his initials might be D.C.

John Redgate is the FD, who was doing three roles from June 2016-Feb 2018: board member, COO and FD.

OS 7th Feb 2018;

Chairman Dejphon Chansiri said: “I am grateful for all the help John has given me since he was appointed to the board.

“He has helped me to look after the club whilst I have been out of the UK and more importantly given me the time to appoint a new Chief Executive. 

“I had agreed with John on his appointment to the board in June 2016 that once a new Chief Executive Officer was in place, he would stand down and with Katrien Meire appointed to that role, that time has now come.”

Paul Aldridge was board member and CEO from 2011 to 2016, during which we had that odd brief spell with Glenn Roeder and Adam Pearson, which didn't last.

It was always reported Aldridge delat with the player transfers.

36 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

That's always been our problem during DC's failed tenure. 

No clear accountability and constant rumours he gets involved in areas he shouldn't.

The constant rumours are usually started by you....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Animis said:

John Redgate is the FD, who was doing three roles from June 2016-Feb 2018: board member, COO and FD.

OS 7th Feb 2018;

Chairman Dejphon Chansiri said: “I am grateful for all the help John has given me since he was appointed to the board.

“He has helped me to look after the club whilst I have been out of the UK and more importantly given me the time to appoint a new Chief Executive. 

“I had agreed with John on his appointment to the board in June 2016 that once a new Chief Executive Officer was in place, he would stand down and with Katrien Meire appointed to that role, that time has now come.”

Paul Aldridge was board member and CEO from 2011 to 2016, during which we had that odd brief spell with Glenn Roeder and Adam Pearson, which didn't last.

It was always reported Aldridge delat with the player transfers.

Hmm. So the Redgate chap might have been he one throwing money at the players like a man with no arms then.