Mark Warburton

If we do get rid of Jos? Could Warburton be a shout for next manager? Had good credentials when at Brentford which was not long ago and he turned them into a team based on good scouting, which I think is vital for us. Or do we just go on his Rangers and Forest achievements?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

If we do get rid of Jos? Could Warburton be a shout for next manager? Had good credentials when at Brentford which was not long ago and he turned them into a team based on good scouting, which I think is vital for us. Or do we just go on his Rangers and Forest achievements?

“Achievements”WTF:

14 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

That owes mainly to the club culture* instilled by the hierarchy there. They closed their youth academy and placed more emphasis on recruiting youngsters released from other clubs.

*Not to be confused with Culture Club who I believe have not been part of the setup at Brentford F.C.

Edited by Samurai Blue
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

@steveger would be steaming if we appointed him. lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Or do we just go on his Rangers and Forest achievements

In fairness, I would rather have an failed manager from an obscure foreign league than a failed Championship manager, at least the former may offer a glimmer of hope.....false hope maybe, but that's better than no hope :biggrin:

So

f1b.gif

29 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

That type of manger would never succeed at a Hillsborough.

His teams like to play out from the back. Something most of our fans haven’t got the patience for. 

not sure it's the fan's patience I would question,it would be the players ineptness at being able to do it

48 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

If we do get rid of Jos? Could Warburton be a shout for next manager? 

No.

He did OK at Brentford, but as we know Brentford have a very specific way of doing things in which the manager is just one component. He had a controversial spell at Rangers in which he apparently persuaded the owners to stump up more cash then they were comfortable with to fund a league campaign in which they subsequently fell short of expectations (where have we seen that before.....) and he didn't do anything at Forest to suggest he's got what he takes to turn us around.

Plus, the fact he's been out of work for a while and hasn't been re-employed doesn't bode well.

8 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

That type of manger would never succeed at a Hillsborough.

His teams like to play out from the back. Something most of our fans haven’t got the patience for. 

We played out from the back under CC to a certain extent, difference was the midfield we closer to the defence generally, and didn’t always rely on Bannan to do everything. 

Can't say I'd be jumping out of my tree with excitement if he was appointed, his record is decidedly mixed. Did well at Brentford but at clubs where he was more of the undisputed number one he seemed to underachieve.

I doubt this will happen, he seems to have decided he's better suited to backroom roles as Nixon said this morning that he's trying for Director of Football at Burnley, or for a role at the FA if that doesn't come off.