This side after international break

7 hours ago, Philb125 said:

The best part of this break is that after it, in theory we have some fantastic forward options. 

Returning players:

- Sam Winnal: a player that at point of signing was the calendar years top scoring championship player. Can lead the line, score with his head, raw energy and determination. 

- Marco Matias: since his return I’ve been shocked by his massive work rate, he runs and runs and runs. Intelligent in forward play and one of only players who makes decent runs for Bannan to pick out. This lad can finish too, no surprise he Scored almost 20 from wide forward position season before we signed him.

- Fessi: possibly the best forward in the league let alone our team. Can change a game and added to his fantastic forward abilities is a work rate second to none. He won more tackles in Carlos’s first season than any other midfielder or forward in league. 

If we were in January thinking we need to spend big to score our way out of a dog fight, and wanted to sign these three... surely that would be circa 20m to get them in.

I for one, can’t wait to add these three to Fletch, Reach and Jaoa. That’s 6 fantastic options for front 3 roles. I can’t think of a team in our league with a better group of forwards. 

Do agree with a lot of  what you say not the valuation and Also when we sign Winnall is was one of the league top scorers but 90% of his goals come with his head and we don't play any wingers who cross the ball so we are going to struggle with him.

The game i saw him play for us he seems to have a work rate about him and may add to other areas if he ever get fit, but based on how bad we are at bringing players bad from fitness I won't worry about him until he does get a game.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Did you watch the derby at all or completely miss it, every single attack was down our right side, but for Hector and Thorniley playing out of their skins we would have lost by quite some way.

Baker needs time out on loan and in a season or two may be a first team squad player but he is not ready yet. It was a big mistake by the manager not to go with experience and Palmer but of late he has been making a lot of these mistakes.

Thought Baker played ok myself

Just now, billyblack said:

Thought Baker played ok myself

Must have got caught out 6 or 7 times in the first half a less lenient referee and he could have got two yellows for some of his challengers.

Don't get me wrong get him out on loan and he will be a useful player in the future - he is just not ready for the championship yet. I feel we should have gone with more experience in Palmer. 

But when you have a manager picking such a defensive team you are going to get a defense vs attack game. Any neutrals watching must have though Sheff Utd were real Madrid we made them look that good. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Must have got caught out 6 or 7 times in the first half a less lenient referee and he could have got two yellows for some of his challengers.

Don't get me wrong get him out on loan and he will be a useful player in the future - he is just not ready for the championship yet. I feel we should have gone with more experience in Palmer. 

But when you have a manager picking such a defensive team you are going to get a defense vs attack game. Any neutrals watching must have though Sheff Utd were real Madrid we made them look that good. 

Yep, Wilder was delighted.

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Any team with Pelupessy in it is not good enough !

When we win a game he is ok. when we don't he is always one of the first inline for the blame. yet his performances in each situation very rarely differ.

(Not by you personally, just in general on here)

31 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

When we win a game he is ok. when we don't he is always one of the first inline for the blame. yet his performances in each situation very rarely differ.

(Not by you personally, just in general on here)

That is true.

However my opinion is he just isn't good enough. I think he could make an impact coming on to hold on to a lead or sure us up for the last 10 - 15 mins but overall I don't rate him at all.

• Thanks 1

Our best 11 IMO

Dawson

Lees    Hector    Pudil

Palmer                                                             Penney

Bannan  Pelupessy

Reach                                                 Forestieri

Fletcher 

To be honest Pelupessy could be replace by Hutchinson or Onomah for me but he does the dirty stuff and allows us to play with little drama although he's not top end championship quality. Harsh on Thorniley but he's a good backup to the back 3.

With a bench of Matias, Joao, Winnall, Nuhiu, Boyd, Thorniley, Baker we're not in a bad place and thats not accounting for Lee, Hooper, Van Aken, Abdi, Jones

On 11/11/2018 at 11:43, SallyCinnamon said:

Dawson

Baker Lees Hector Thorniley Reach

Bannan Pelupessy

Matias Fletcher Forestieri

Move Reach to LWB. He’s naturally a left sided player, let’s play to his strengths. Yes he can score screamers but they’ve dried up and he more effective on the wing bombing up and down getting crosses in. Two attacking players buzzing around Fletcher. Keep the same back three which just kept a clean sheet and get them playing together consistently, no more swapping and changing. 

Watch us march up the table.

This is exactly what I would play!

On 11/11/2018 at 12:08, peacock1961 said:

you might as well play Ken Dodd in there as a DF, you've got 2 of his diddymen...........

Baker is a whole 1cm shorter than Pelupessy, makes all the difference I guess.

Tho Baker is the same height as Roy Keane, and taller than Kante. Clearly he’s not reached those levels yet, but I bet if he did you wouldn’t care that he’s a diddyman. 

He plays DM for wales U21, so someone has seen that position in him. Maybe he plays next to a giant tho 

Dawson 

Lees.             Thorniley.

Baker              Big  H               Penney 

Bannan   

Fessi                                   Reach                                    Matias 

Fletcher 

Edited by Bigblueowl
I wanted to

1 minute ago, Bigblueowl said:

Dawson 

Lees.             Thorniley.

Baker              Big  H               Penney 

Bannan   

Fessi                                   Reach                                    Matias 

Fletcher 

Not sure why Matias wondered off to the right. I want him behind Fletch.