Do we need to cut him some slack?

So looking at the form guide for the last 6 games Norwich, QPR and Birmingham are top 3 and Boro and Pigs are lower but top teams in the division. This came after a tough run of opponents prior to that. 

It is maybe no surprise that we have come up short in the last few weeks. Confidence plays such a big part added to the loss of Matias and Fessi at this time has not helped Jos. Now I am right royally fed up with tactics and couldn't bring myself to watch last night after the abysmal capitulation that I witnessed the week before but he has been up against it and maybe we should cut him some slack... 

7 minutes ago, roll and nilsson said:

So looking at the form guide for the last 6 games Norwich, QPR and Birmingham are top 3 and Boro and Pigs are lower but top teams in the division. This came after a tough run of opponents prior to that. 

It is maybe no surprise that we have come up short in the last few weeks. Confidence plays such a big part added to the loss of Matias and Fessi at this time has not helped Jos. Now I am right royally fed up with tactics and couldn't bring myself to watch last night after the abysmal capitulation that I witnessed the week before but he has been up against it and maybe we should cut him some slack... 

4 points from relegation

drops the player of the month and loses 4-0 at home

rumours of player unrest

doesnt pick proven players

constantly changing formations and yet speaks of consistency is needed in the team

The writing is on the wall.....

• Haha 1

He's not the man to take us forward.

Good point last night but it reaffirmed the fact that we are yet to make any real progression under him.

This job may well be a poisoned chalice right now, but I just don't see what Jos really brings.

Several months on and I'm still no wiser as to his playing style, philosophy or whatever. Still feels very much like a man throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Except he won't and I'm not really sure he can if he wanted to. Complaining about anything isn't going to help the team either. Surely we all want to help the team? 

Yeah, you’re right, I was being a bit flippant Having said that, I’m not enjoying watching us this season, and making the trip to Sheffield is becoming a bit of a chore

Hard one. It's such an odd, tight league this season, even by Champ standards.

Three wins on the bounce and a couple of draws next month, and we could be right back in the mix.

Tactically we look very naive, and that's hard to overlook now he's had some proper time with our squad.

But then again, has he? Has he really? Still ravaged by injuries, still rotating like nobody's business to try to work out how best to patch up this squad that always seems to have at least 50% of our marquee names out of commission.

Personally I'm keeping my powder dry until Christmas - would like to see majority of fanbase do the same, but of course I totally understand why some are feeling less patient.

One thing's for sure, he's not gonna defend his way out of this hole. We need to show some spark, invention and bloodlust - and that's got to come from both players AND Jos.

Like I said, I'm giving it a few more weeks before I get off the fence. But yeah, this is dull AF at the moment.

Just now, gurujuan said:

The main problem for me is, there are no signs that he’s getting things right

This.

Sad thing is he had us up to 6th not so long ago and with a couple of defeats in 9.

International break happens and we've gone backward at an alarming rate.

Constant changing of players, tactics, formations and so on.

I just don't believe he has it in him to turn this around. 

Hopefully, this latest international break will see a reverse of fortunes.

12 hours ago, roll and nilsson said:

NO