Serious question to the "Jos in" brigade

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe Sheffield United do they homework more by not buying players with poor injury records, not offering long contracts to players with woeful injury records and not rush players back so they breakdown again. Yes Wednesday not had rub of green with injuries but at times we have not helped ourselves. 

Which players were they then? Cant remember them?

29 minutes ago, pioowl said:

But hes bought about 45 players hasn't he and only had 1 serious injury which blavdes fans and Wilder said was the reason for their collapse last season.How would they have fared with 10-12 of the 1st team squad suffering long term injuries ?

As it stands now looking at the players we only have fit I think we still probably have the better quality players and thats my point. Jos should be doing a lot better with the players at his disposal. If we didn't have all the injured players and they were fit we would have a far superior squad to chose from but I'm not convinced Jos would get us playing any better than what we are now.

Guest LittleG
On 10/11/2018 at 20:23, sonofbert2 said:

With him being German he'll end up buying some if he stays.

Can see the chairman bringing some in from his homelands too so get ready for some Japanese or Chinese players arriving.  

Bratwurst Noodles instead of pies at h/t.

Don't let correct facts get in the way of your points!

19 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

As it stands now looking at the players we only have fit I think we still probably have the better quality players and thats my point. Jos should be doing a lot better with the players at his disposal. If we didn't have all the injured players and they were fit we would have a far superior squad to chose from but I'm not convinced Jos would get us playing any better than what we are now.

Not sure Jos should be doing a lot better - half of his squad he's seemingly not permitted to play for whatever reason. Jos' football isn't nice to watch, the results are inconsistent and I'd expect that 4 academy players thrown in this season, and his team selections are baffling at times. Jos should be doing better, we should be able to mount some attacking threat without shipping goals galore, I'm sure he'd be doing a little better without his hands tied on team selection, but I think you are being a tad harsh expecting a lot better.

Don't believe the squad Jos has available to him is better than the one Wilder has available to him, and Wilder has United punching above their weight because whilst he's a full weight b*llend, he's also a good football manager. And Wilder would struggle to get the players Jos has into the top 6 of this very shaky division.

I do agree that I don't think things would be much better if Jos had more of the better, proven players available to him though and that's why I don't think he's the man.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

On 10/11/2018 at 18:47, CF83OWL said:

If the rumours are true that that Jos is not choosing many senior players because he has fallen out with many of them.......and going by the previous fixtures and looking at the match days squads. This rumour stand up. Many of us can bare witness to seeing Fessi on the bench not being chosen in the starting 11 before he was injured. 

Question:

Would you trust a manager to bring in his own players with such a poor record of upsetting players? Heck, if Jos did bring in his own players and fell out with them.....they would be picking up a free pay cheque for 3 years (or at least until Jos left).

Yes i would trust him, because he wouldn't buy the rubbish we have bought in the past. He'll bring in youth and get academy players in the team. Like the Wednesday fan who saved a pen at the lane on Friday. Penney, Baker, Thorniley and Dawson are huge plus points for our club. long may it continue.

If the rumours are true that that Jos is not choosing many senior players because he has fallen out with many of them.......and going by the previous fixtures and looking at the match days squads. This rumour stand up. Many of us can bare witness to seeing Fessi on the bench not being chosen in the starting 11 before he was injured. 

Question:

Would you trust a manager to bring in his own players with such a poor record of upsetting players? Heck, if Jos did bring in his own players and fell out with them.....they would be picking up a free pay cheque for 3 years (or at least until Jos left).

Like you say rumour. when folk bring hard facts to the table then I suppose everyone will listen . Lets not decide peoples fate with rumour. 

On 10/11/2018 at 19:14, trevdi9 said:

Boyd was a decent player before he came here though And daft as it were so was Abdi by all accounts so where did it go wrong

Yes they had been, but maybe the words had & been tell a tale. 

They were deemed "Has beens" by their Premier league clubs, no longer good enough to play in the Premier league. 

In our nievity we thought they would still be capable of playing championship football, it's a different animal, yes the Premier league is more technical, skillful and quicker, but this division has more games, coming thick and fast, in a higher pressure, more aggressive and physically demanding way 

. Sadly though we were wrong. 

Question:

Would you trust a manager to bring in his own players with such a poor record of upsetting players?

who has he upset from his preferred team?

Heck, if Jos did bring in his own players and fell out with them.....they would be picking up a free pay cheque for 3 years (or at least until Jos left).

Yoy talking poo now 

19 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes they had been, but maybe the words had & been tell a tale. 

They were deemed "Has beens" by their Premier league clubs, no longer good enough to play in the Premier league. 

In our nievity we thought they would still be capable of playing championship football, it's a different animal, yes the Premier league is more technical, skillful and quicker, but this division has more games, coming thick and fast, in a higher pressure, more aggressive and physically demanding way 

. Sadly though we were wrong. 

Boyd was offered a new contract.Not sure about Abdi but their fans thought he was still good enough! Where did you get the idea that they were considered  "has beens" ?

22 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Like you say rumour. when folk bring hard facts to the table then I suppose everyone will listen . Lets not decide peoples fate with rumour. 

I heard rumours that the rumours aren't true but I don't know how true they are.Do you??

2 hours ago, pioowl said:

Boyd was offered a new contract.Not sure about Abdi but their fans thought he was still good enough! Where did you get the idea that they were considered  "has beens" ?

They were both let go by Premier league clubs and no Premier league clubs were interested/wanted them, just a few in the championship where they dropped down to which says to me that even the struggling lower reach Premier league teams thought they wouldn't be able to do a job for them.