Rhodes price tag increases again

14 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Be much nicer if he was playing and scoring for Sheffield Wednesday !.....

I'd much prefer Winnall to be playing for us.

Fletcher is in good form too at the minute, and with Fessi returning I don't think he'd get into our team.

10 hours ago, Daz said:

Believe what you want, I have no problem with proving or disproving anything. Time will tell very soon. But it won't be the 11m we originally asked for, let's put it that way. He is NOT coming back.

Not saying you're wrong; but we were also told Winnall, was NOT coming back.

What's makes you so sure? Inside knowledge or guesswork?

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

Glad he’s finding form, will help not playing for a clueless bell end like Carlos 

A thread about Rhodes.......but you still manage to turn it into a dig at Carlos.

IT'S A YEAR AGO FFS.....LET IT GO....... It makes you look so sad that you are still going on about it

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I suppose the only answer I could give to Jordan's success at Norwich is.....

Norwich are more advanced in their transition to a young and bright squad. They are fit enough to create, create, create. Playing high and in around the 18 yard box.

Jordan's time with us, saw us create very little and everyone's head drop when he missed his one chance per game.

And TAKE NOTE all wednesday fans! - They stuck with Daniel Farke. Their manager from the German league.

However, we created a lot more than we currently do. I speak to a lot of pals, who are Norwich fans, and they are a bit meh about Rhodes. They think he’s useful to have on the bench, and might grab them a late goal 

1 minute ago, wakefieldowl said:

A thread about Rhodes.......but you still manage to turn it into a dig at Carlos.

IT'S A YEAR AGO FFS.....LET IT GO....... It makes you look so sad that you are still going on about it

Worst Manager in our history and his legacy of disaster is still hurting us badly.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Worst Manager in our history and his legacy of disaster is still hurting us badly.

said it many times what carlos did was football criminality , all our good players were signed by roeder and committee , all 20 of Carlos's signings inc loans were massive failures except reach. laurel and hardy is best way to describe chansiri and Carlos's running of a football club . 

42 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Two words.

Peter Eustace.

Two more words.

Alan Irvine.

And another two words.

Chris Turner.

Edited by markowl

11 hours ago, Daz said:

Believe what you want, I have no problem with proving or disproving anything. Time will tell very soon. But it won't be the 11m we originally asked for, let's put it that way. He is NOT coming back.

Undisclosed fee 

11 hours ago, davey_wells said:

He's on a season long loan - not sure if Norwich would need to buy him in January?  Norwich will want to strengthen but if they have him for the season already... seems little point in buying now while they don't know what division they'll be in.

As I said earlier in the thread and I don't begin to understand why, it's apparently more beneficial for clubs re FFP to sell players in January. 

On 10/11/2018 at 19:24, TrickyTrev said:

After leaving Blackburn Jordan went on to play for 3 ridiculously negative managers in Karanka, Carlos and Luhukay.

Naturally his confidence took a bit of a battering and it still amuses me when folk were coming on here saying “he’s past it”!!! At 28 years old clearly he wasn’t.

Now he’s got to a side who can play a bit, his confidence is returning as are the goals.

If Hooper is to leave in the Summer, i’d love to see Jordan come back here and watch him fly under a decent attacking manager but if Dross is still here there’ll be no point and we may as well try to get a decent price for him instead.

Great post.

Issue is that our chairman is more likely recieve offers for him, decline them all, keep him on our books and let Jos banish him to rot at home whilst paying him a fortune in the process.

7 minutes ago, poite said:

Great post.

Issue is that our chairman is more likely recieve offers for him, decline them all, keep him on our books and let Jos banish him to rot at home whilst paying him a fortune in the process.

Don't be silly...you know they will.offer 8 million in January and he'll rupture his cruciate tendon same day in training.:mad:

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2018 at 17:47, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think we'd snatch their hand off at £4m in January- would take him off the books and not hurt us re FFP and his transfer fee if my (very rough) calculations are anywhere near correct.

I'd snatch their hand off to have a half decent rhodes back in the line up actually.......

1 hour ago, poite said:

Great post.

Although the fact that he did go out on loan does kind of suggest we’re willing to listen to offers and would do so for others too.