Rhodes price tag increases again

5 minutes ago, Daz said:

Price is already agreed and it won't change even if he scores 20 goals between now and then. He's gone in January.

Won’t be forgotten though, it’s been emotional.

I remember asking Mr C to sign him for us, then he duly obliged.

I remember asking Mr C to let Carlos go, then he duly obliged.

Now I’ve asked for Jos to be sacked, and for a night with Katrien. Can only see him agreeing to one of these requests though.

Sorry folks, we might have to put up with Jos a while longer.

lol

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

If anyone thinks we're going to get a "tidy sum" for Rhodes your deluded. This is Wednesday we're talking about here. when have we ever done a decent bit of business selling wise in our entire history?

Don't worry.. we've banked the Rhodes money at pre agreed "price".

16 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm calling nonsense on this one.

What's the price?

Believe what you want, I have no problem with proving or disproving anything. Time will tell very soon. But it won't be the 11m we originally asked for, let's put it that way. He is NOT coming back.

Edited by Daz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

I would not be surprised at that at all, think you would be surprised at what a 'name' can get you money wise in football. Newly relegated teams will defo pay that due to his past. 

Newly relegated to which division?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Newly relegated to which division?

Come next summer I mean, a team coming down from the prem would take a 3.5m risk on him imo. He’s always going to be worth something due to his name, as is usually the case with football. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

33 minutes ago, Daz said:

Believe what you want, I have no problem with proving or disproving anything. Time will tell very soon. But it won't be the 11m we originally asked for, let's put it that way. He is NOT coming back.

We told Norwich £11 million and they took him on a loan deal?

What's the prearranged price that you know about?

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This is great news. Who can we get rid of next.

If we get something like half of our original outlay it will be disappointing to have lost so much in so short a time, but given our current predicament and what an ineffective player Rhodes was for us, we may have to look on it as about the best we can do.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If we get something like half of our original outlay it will be disappointing to have lost so much in so short a time, but given our current predicament and what an ineffective player Rhodes was for us, we may have to look on it as about the best we can do.

Yeah, and [counting the copper jar] maybe some of the fee to Boro was dependent on appearances/goal/promotion. Then [scratching around down the side of the sofa] he did score a few last season that will have helped us stay up.

Minus his wages for this season we might only lose 50% as you say. Big bonus if Norwich pay us the whole fee upfront so it all comes off this seasons FFP.

I suppose the only answer I could give to Jordan's success at Norwich is.....

Norwich are more advanced in their transition to a young and bright squad. They are fit enough to create, create, create. Playing high and in around the 18 yard box.

Jordan's time with us, saw us create very little and everyone's head drop when he missed his one chance per game.

And TAKE NOTE all wednesday fans! - They stuck with Daniel Farke. Their manager from the German league.

15 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Jordan scored again today.

Thats 5 in 850 minutes of Championship matches this season, at 161 minutes per goal. Pretty much the same as he has averaged through his career.

I’m pleased for him personally, and of course it’s great for us business-wise. His value had nose-dived with us, but must be nudging nicely back up now.

Yes of course a Championship team are gonna pay millions for a player that they judge not good enough to start every week.