Rhodes price tag increases again

Jordan scored again today.

Thats 5 in 850 minutes of Championship matches this season, at 161 minutes per goal. Pretty much the same as he has averaged through his career.

I’m pleased for him personally, and of course it’s great for us business-wise. His value had nose-dived with us, but must be nudging nicely back up now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Yeah he’s that good he makes the Norwich bench each week.

Hope his confidence is improving though.

Six goals in his last 400 minutes of Footie. 

I know 3 were against Wycombe but strikers thrive on goals so his confidence should be sky high.

As @Utah Owl says. If we could get a tidy sum for him in January or August it’s a massive boost to our perilous finances.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think we'd snatch their hand off at £4m in January- would take him off the books and not hurt us re FFP and his transfer fee if my (very rough) calculations are anywhere near correct.

How does it work - simply please.

If we paid 8m and sell for 4m isn’t that a 4m loss, and surely it’s about losses rather than cash?

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

His contract+transfer fee are totalled up, divided by the length of his contract and then go against FFP per annum.

That's interesting. At the end of the last transfer window, there was a discussion on the radio about Villa selling Grealish. There was a bloke on who said it would be more beneficial for Villa and FFP to sell him in January

21 minutes ago, darra said:

That's interesting. At the end of the last transfer window, there was a discussion on the radio about Villa selling Grealish. There was a bloke on who said it would be more beneficial for Villa and FFP to sell him in January

I'm no expert, but there's obviously some juggling that's done to make sure certain transactions drop into certain periods- signing Rhodes on loan in January 17 with a purchase agreed for July 17 being a prime example.

4 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Be much nicer if he was playing and scoring for Sheffield Wednesday !.....

You didn't put "if" in a large enough font!

Come to think of it, for that "if" is there a large enough font?

5 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Be much nicer if he was playing and scoring for Sheffield Wednesday !.....

Agreed but sadly it didn’t work.

Can you imagine him playing the Fletcher role last night as an example?

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

I'd imagine any fee was agreed as part of the initial load deal.

given our nose for a good deal we are probably going to end up paying them to have him 

but who knows now we have KM  (who got the job cos she managed to sell us fox ) we might get something 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Jordan scored again today.

Thats 5 in 850 minutes of Championship matches this season, at 161 minutes per goal. Pretty much the same as he has averaged through his career.

I’m pleased for him personally, and of course it’s great for us business-wise. His value had nose-dived with us, but must be nudging nicely back up now.

Great player at this level, play to his strengths and he will score, we didn't and it didn't work out for him here. Wish him all the best and never understood the level of abuse he got from some fans.

• Thanks 2