Its got to be done

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Line him up with a hooker.

She plies him with drink and drugs, takes photos of him in kinky poses, before he passes out. 

Then bung him back in his car before reporting a drunk driver.

Wouldn't happen mate as he'd bore the hooker to sleep within minutes :ph34r:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So if we get a creditable result the players can take credit, but if we lose then it's the manager's fault?

Yet another example of the special pleading I keep referring to.

Of course Jos can take some credit... he picked the team, made the call on going with 5 defenders, opted for Fletcher over other options, brought Matias on which helped us see the game out... but do you have belief that he's now the man to take it on from here?

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

Of course Jos can take some credit... he picked the team, made the call on going with 5 defenders, opted for Fletcher over other options, brought Matias on which helped us see the game out... but do you have belief that he's now the man to take it on from here?

We've had a spell of 1 defeat in 9 and then followed it up with 1 point from 5. Why does one so much more define us than the other? Aren't those kinds of ups and downs the sort of thing you might expect from a mediocre team?

Is Luhukay the man for the long term? I don't know; it's a work in progress and he's operating under a lot of constraints. But the hysteria that started after just 3 defeats has been enormously out of proportion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Why don't we try supporting him and his players instead?

So you want to accept failure to progress 

Marvellous 

4 hours ago, samowl said:

So you want to accept failure to progress 

Marvellous 

Progress isn't always linear. So far, I don't think Luhukay has been given the conditions to make progress given that he's trying to make do and mend with the woefully imbalanced and injury-ridden remnants of Carvalhal's squad, youth team players, a couple of loan signings, and a £400k midfielder.

It's been a bad run of form over the last five games, prior to which we'd lost one in nine. Unless you looked at our summer transfer business and thought we'd really put ourselves among the top teams in this division, I'm not sure why you'd expect anything other than such inconsistent form?

With the squad as it is, if we sack the manager every time we hit a sticky patch, we'll be burning through compensation money at an alarming rate.

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

That’s the real problem at the club. Keep swapping managers is fine (as you well know I was certainly no fan of clueless) , but the main issue is the idiot of a chairman who is so inept it’s scary 

What's more scary is the fact there is a part of the fan base that actually support him and think he is doing a decent job.