Jump to content


John O'Brien

BCFC U18s 0 v 3 SWFC U18s

Recommended Posts

Fantastic. You must be so proud of your lad who seems to score or assist every week.

 

Wish we'd get some of these lads tied down to pro deals. Am sure there must be serious interest from other clubs by now in at least three or four of them. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another brilliant performance, definitely making the trip to see the Blunts put to the sword. 

 

Did Jordan and Eyad enjoy the trip to Celtic ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the site gives lots of publicity to game against United. These lads deserve to play in front of a good crowd. 

 

Absolutely wonderful result, delighted for all involved.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Tough game for United that...some of our young lads are probably on forty grand a week 

 

:tango:

 

no doubt - dem u18 outcasts coming over, no doubt on the tram, to big powerful wednesday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

The Wednesday U18s Juggernaut plowed through their hosts today without stopping. Eyad Hammoud opened the scoring midway through the first half with good work by O’Brien on the left wing placing a pinpoint pass for Hammoud to slot home. Birmingham played some nice tippy tappy football but Wednesday were more interested in the 3 points. Two goals from Conor Grant in the second half the first being from a terrific run from Josh Dawodu who was crudely chopped down judt outside the 18 yard box and Grant duly despatched the resultant free kick. Grants second was again assisted by Dawodu with a class through ball which Grant latched onto and slotted home. Wednesday saw out the rest of the game with ease. Next game at home is against Sheffield Utd in two weeks time 11am kick off at Middlewood.

 

Great stuff - still top of the league John?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's remember results and league position is secondary it's really all about player development 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done lads , fantastic result 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top of the League still, Forest lost so now five points clear.

 

 

See they have drawn Stoke in the FA Youth Cup.   Record in this is terrible.  Barely win a game so would be nice to have a good Cup run.

Edited by Etchesketch
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Top of the League still, Forest lost so now five points clear.

 

 

See they have drawn Stoke in the FA Youth Cup.   Record in this is terrible.  Barely win a game so would be nice to have a good Cup run.

True, we always seem to go out at the first hurdle

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Thanks for the updates John, and well done to the young Owls. Here's hoping they all get their chances in the first team when they're ready.

 

 

UTO
FTB

FFP
FFS

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John O'Brien said:

The Wednesday U18s Juggernaut plowed through their hosts today without stopping. Eyad Hammoud opened the scoring midway through the first half with good work by O’Brien on the left wing placing a pinpoint pass for Hammoud to slot home. Birmingham played some nice tippy tappy football but Wednesday were more interested in the 3 points. Two goals from Conor Grant in the second half the first being from a terrific run from Josh Dawodu who was crudely chopped down judt outside the 18 yard box and Grant duly despatched the resultant free kick. Grants second was again assisted by Dawodu with a class through ball which Grant latched onto and slotted home. Wednesday saw out the rest of the game with ease. Next game at home is against Sheffield Utd in two weeks time 11am kick off at Middlewood.

John, is Conor Grant a midfielder who gets forward, or a striker Also, did Hunt get a game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hammoud with a chance of making the 1st team Squad you think?

 

Seems to playing really well at the minute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the report John

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

John, is Conor Grant a midfielder who gets forward, or a striker Also, did Hunt get a game

 

Midfielder.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

John, is Conor Grant a midfielder who gets forward, or a striker Also, did Hunt get a game

 

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Hammoud with a chance of making the 1st team Squad you think?

 

Seems to playing really well at the minute.

Midfield mate and Eyad is doing well and progressing nicely 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, paulrs said:

Tough game for United that...some of our young lads are probably on forty grand a week 

 

:tango:

The clue is in the OP and his use of the word "Juggernaut"! No doubt if they were to beat us it would warrant top spot on their Honours Board!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John quick question, do you think any of these lads are ready to step up to the U23 squad yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

John quick question, do you think any of these lads are ready to step up to the U23 squad yet?

Rice has jumped from the U18s, straight over the U23s, into the first team picture

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...