Grow some cajones

7 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

My point is its a ridiculous thread to start in the first place. Just because he's not scared to make stupid decisions is hardly a reason to defend him.

If we went on the rule that it was a ridiculous thread to start in the first place it’d wipe out half the threads that are posted anyway

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is it the same level of ridiculous as threads started claiming Jos needs to grow a pair of balls and resign for not making big decisions?

Fair enough, I've purposely managed to avoid those so far. I just hold you to a higher standard being one of the best posters on here lol

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Err, the set up he has is nothing to do with CC. He plays players out of position, he does not pick best players available, he makes mistake after mistake with substitutions or none substitutions. He has no clue how to set up, hence change after change after change. He 'tries' to set up not to lose rather than set up how to win. His style of football is dire..he needs to foook off

I acknowledge that there are some legitimate questions about some of Luhukay's decisions and the impact they are having.

But generally speaking, in the modern era, supporters waiting for a manager with whom they are mostly in agreement with regarding substitutions, tactics, rotation etc. are in for a very long wait.

13 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

If we went on the rule that it was a ridiculous thread to start in the first place it’d wipe out half the threads that are posted anyway

I think you're overestimating the capabilities of Owls fans to start sensible threads. My guess would be 90% of the threads on here would be gone and that would probably include most of my own! lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You were doing so well too.

Hey Snoots this is a cracking thread. It’s kept me entertained for  the last couple of hours just when the euphoria of our epic performance at BDTBL was just starting to wear off and I was starting to wonder if it was or it wasn’t.

Its always nice to know we’re all singing from the same hymn sheet and I never tire of being told ‘ it’s a Forum, mate ‘ when questioning someone’s negativity win or lose.

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Jos and walk away. 

That's a popular theme recently  isn't it. 

Grow some bòllocks.... by walking away. 

Bit of a contradictory phrase but that's par for the course .

When things are going cràp its easier to walk away

It actually take more bòllocks to stay and stand in the face of adversity

Ironically  another reason he has to go is because he's one of those rare breed of managers with enough bòllocks to drop fan favourites. 

He'll be judged on results in the end. Rightly.  And people will cast supposition that games would have been won with those heroes in.

There's zero chance to prove that of course as a fans team never goes on he park and had to play real opposition. 

I digress.

Thia notion he should ' grow some balls and walk away' when in fact  he's knuckling down and trying to build something and at the same time clear out some dead wood is frankly laughable.

The football had been terrible at times and he will be judged now, and in the futures on results. 

But let's not make out that because he's got a quiet public persona that it means he's nesh.  That he isn't strong enough. That he hasn't got balls. 

If anything,  carrying on with his stripping down and rebuilding of the squad in an attempt to secure a more stable financial start to next season , whilst developing young players and all in the face of growing criticism of style of play , selection etc I'd suggest he actually has balls of steel. 

Bigger balls certainly than many folks who think he should grow some. 

Good manager. Bad manager.  That'll be judged when he's gone and his tenure is only remembered as a series of statistics.

But weak?

No balls?

Absolute cobblers.

What a load of cobblers.

Some want Jos gone; because we don't want to go down in 4 months.

If you'd watched any other team play like that at The Stain on Sky; you'd say that they are one of the poorest teams in division & will struggle to score enough goals to stay up  - thats us!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

What a load of cobblers.

I see what you did there!

Some want Jos gone; because we don't want to go down in 4 months.

Yes some want him gone for fear we'll go down. 

Whether we will is still to be decided. 

Lots of games to be played.

We've hopefully arrested the slide with that first clean sheet

51 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

If you'd watched any other team play like that at The Stain on Sky; you'd say that they are one of the poorest teams in division & will struggle to score enough goals to stay up  - thats us!

I think we'll score enough goals to stay up especially with Matias and Fernando back in training. Both were finding the net before their injuries. 

If the defence plays as resolutely as they did yesterday too

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Yeah!, lets blame the present manager/ Coach for the blatant ignorance of the last Manager/coach, leaving the playing squad in the mess we are in.

Jos has1 window and diddly squat to spend to improve on the ageing, unfit, demotivated and unhealthy squad he inherited.

Suggest you read it again.Where in the post did I mention anything about whose fault it was. I wasn't blaming anybody, I was just pointing out the defiences in our squad and that it is not just down to the defence. We don't exactly create a lot through midfield.

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I acknowledge that there are some legitimate questions about some of Luhukay's decisions and the impact they are having.

But generally speaking, in the modern era, supporters waiting for a manager with whom they are mostly in agreement with regarding substitutions, tactics, rotation etc. are in for a very long wait.

So you agree he’s crap then? lol

Edited by theowlsman

I only have one problem with jos and that is I think he needs to go back to basics and do what he Was doing last year, when he found a style and formation that suited what was available and only rotated out of necessity. 

As an engineer and ex royals "if it ain't broken then don't try and fix it. 

We were playing well with the 4-2-3-1 formation, we had the players that suited it, so stop fiddling with things for the sake of resting and tinkering. 

11 hours ago, erowl said:

Fully agree mate - the chairman is totally deluded

But he did say it!

Or maybe he just didn't have the balls to admit to the fans that it's a lost cause. Surely he knew promotion was not on the cards!

15 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

And now we’ve got a whole 2 weeks of ridiculous threads that should never have been started in the first place.

Maybe I should start a thread about it ?