Grow some cajones

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Great OP Snoots.

Lots of managers in the past have been on the quieter side and gone on to have great success. Also many of the great managers have struggled at first because they have had to have a couple of seasons clearing out dead wood and players who thought they were above the club. Ferguson took 4 years to get United into shape, Kendall took about 3 years at Everton, even Clough took 3 years at Forest. Even in our own fairly recent history, look at Paul Jewell. Successful with Bradford, came to us in a not too dissimilar situation from Jos and wasn't given time or patience by either the fans or the board, look what happened to us next whereas Jewell then went and built a fantastic little Wigan side. Jewell was never the problem, WE WERE!

Jos has had his hands tied by injuries and no money to spend. Hardly fair to judge him harshly in such a situation. He has a reputation for clearing dead wood, bringing on youngsters and building a team all of which takes time, maybe, just maybe we ought to give him that time.

Don't be daft.  We're entitled to demand World domination.  He has no excuse for not delivering it.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Don't be daft.  We're entitled to demand World domination.  He has no excuse for not delivering it.

Agreed, trouble is our fans want it yesterday, won't settle for it being delivered tomorrow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Agreed, trouble is our fans want it yesterday, won't settle for it being delivered tomorrow!

I'd happily settle for knowing what formation suits us best, which line-up of players our manager prefers and what our tactical approach is with the manager having been at the helm for 10 months.

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

Lack of bravery isn’t something I’d accuse Jos off to be fair.

But what about changing defensive personnel and formations from one game to the next then complaining we “don’t have enough consistency in our defending....”

Not to mention his apparent belief that Westwood is our third best keeper and Hutchinson, Boyd, Abdi and Jones would bring nothing to the midfield that Pelupessy and young Connor Kirby can’t provide. 

No His bravery isn’t something I’d necessarily question. His judgement though.... 

Agree with this. I’m not sure about bringing the old crocks back, but I have some big question over his suicidal defensive formations.  Too many times he’a just not seen it coming - wings back caught up the pitch v Wigan away, flat 4 with no cover v Norwich etc etc.  Yesterday the result was ok but we really shouldn’t have to play with effectively a back 6.  He can have the biggest b.llocks in the world but until we get a proper defensive coach we’re going nowhere. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Agree with this. I’m not sure about bringing the old crocks back, but I have some big question over his suicidal defensive formations.  Too many times he’a just not seen it coming - wings back caught up the pitch v Wigan away, flat 4 with no cover v Norwich etc etc.  Yesterday the result was ok but we really shouldn’t have to play with effectively a back 6.  He can have the biggest b.llocks in the world but until we get a proper defensive coach we’re going nowhere. 

Stuart Gray?

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

The only problems with the team are the defence and we weren't able to strengthen over the summer 

If only that was the case; we have problems all over the pitch. Our midfield is non-existent at times and we lack pace and creativity in this area and up front. 

2 hours ago, Prince said:

How can any fan defend this mediocre manager and his baffling team selections. Time for Chansiri to grow a set more like and take responsibility for the mess he has created and bring in a manager who can actually mange what we have.

Because Warnock is in a Job.

59 minutes ago, LittleG said:

If only that was the case; we have problems all over the pitch. Our midfield is non-existent at times and we lack pace and creativity in this area and up front. 

Yeah!, lets blame the present manager/ Coach for the blatant ignorance of the last Manager/coach, leaving the playing squad in the mess we are in.

Jos has1 window and diddly squat to spend to improve on the ageing, unfit, demotivated and unhealthy squad he inherited.

A man with balls can still be bonkers

At first I thought he was crackers - team selections v Millwall and Swansea, then the Nuhiu miracle and playing of youngsters made me think differently, but now methinks he really is crackers - jos someone who has been lucky with purple patches from about three players (Dave Lucas Adam) which can’t be sustained by a team which as a whole couldn’t make a pass in a nightclub/ keep the ball in a bagatelle.

Nearly one year on and we have no identifiable style nor clue what our best eleven might be. He has had his time. Plenty of other managers out there would want this job, see the talent of our youngsters and bring them on without alienating senior pros. 

10 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Yeah!, lets blame the present manager/ Coach for the blatant ignorance of the last Manager/coach, leaving the playing squad in the mess we are in.

Jos has1 window and diddly squat to spend to improve on the ageing, unfit, demotivated and unhealthy squad he inherited.

Err, the set up he has is nothing to do with CC. He plays players out of position, he does not pick best players available, he makes mistake after mistake with substitutions or none substitutions. He has no clue how to set up, hence change after change after change. He 'tries' to set up not to lose rather than set up how to win. His style of football is dire..he needs to foook off

Fact is - at the end of this season we have a lot of players earning a lot of money no longer on the books. When the league look into our accounts they will see our wage budget has been drastically reduced and I feel the players that will replace them will be a combination of youth team, free transfers & loans. I would hope that all of these signings are far more intelligent than those that have come before and also on a lot less money.  We will hopefully be the right side of FFP going into the season after next, we may have to lose one of our assets to achieve this. 

Jos Luhakay has a cv that states he is a “promotion expert” and this season he has been hampered by having to blood the youngsters in readiness for next season, presumably saving money on appearance fees for older players & being stuck with squad players who are not at the standard required. Abysmal tactics not withstanding, we are obviously suffering a confidence crisis & Jos now needs to prove to us why our chairman believed he was the man for the job & give our players back their self belief. Perhaps we’re just carrying too many injuries, perhaps the tactics are wrong. Whichever, he needs to sort it by xmas or he needs to get gone.

In my humble opinion.