Grow some cajones

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Excellent post. 

Thank you good Sir. 

I keep telling people when I apply for jobs, that I have excellent communication skills but they keep responding with things like

“Who you be you? Asda bin to Uni, no, so tha knows nuffink”

It’s a difficult employment market to crack. lol

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

He's got more cajones than the spineless entitled section of our fan base.

Entitled? People just want to see a manager that sets up to play attacking football that actually excites from time to time and a manager that sets out to win games. I’m not talking about last night, that was a gutsy performance all be it very negative but for the majority of the season our performances have been so flat, how many times have you walked away from games having thought we played exciting football. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Entitled? People just want to see a manager that sets up to play attacking football that actually excites from time to time. I’m not talking about last night, that was a gutsy performance all be it very negative but for the majority of the season our performances have been so flat. 

I'd rather take a result at any cost 

I have reservations about Jos, but just maybe he has a longer term plan, which in itself is brave for a football manager. 

With little money to spend, I would argue that Pelupessy has done OK, Onomah has his moments and Hector looks excellent.  This is a far better return on transfer dealings than Carlos achieved post Roeder.

Re playing the more experienced players, a number of whom have already been written off by many posters, why would you bother with those who will not be here next season or who are unlikely to be fit?

As for bringing through the younger players, it's great to see so many getting a chance to make their mark. The approach has a degree of risk attached, but maybe next season will see the ugly duckling turn into a swan as a result of forward thinking.

19 minutes ago, torres said:

Why not put that in the first place then?

Because I like to explain where I'm coming from rather than just do one word sound bites.

I know some people prefer Black and white, good or bad thinking rather than accepting that football, like life is rather a million shades of grey, a million minute details that make up the whole story.  But I understand why People prefer short baseless stuff , it's easier. Simpler. Quicker.

"He should grow some bòllocks and fizz off , the clown fool"

All that waffle for no real point at all. 

What's the point of life Torres?

What's the point in 30,000 people joining a site to talk with other people they don't know  about 11 men they have no relation to kicking a ball around around a field? 

Is there any point to football full stop in the bigger picture of mankind, the universe?

Perhaps it's about order?

Maybe it's evolutionary construct that has replaced early man's intrinsic list for tribalism as the world becomes a smaller place and Borders are broken.

It's an interesting discussion that could be had.

But I know you don't like waffle. So..

"Bloody terrible Wednesday"

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Jos and walk away. 

That's a popular theme recently  isn't it. 

Grow some bòllocks.... by walking away. 

Bit of a contradictory phrase but that's par for the course .

When things are going cràp its easier to walk away

It actually take more bòllocks to stay and stand in the face of adversity

Ironically  another reason he has to go is because he's one of those rare breed of managers with enough bòllocks to drop fan favourites. 

He'll be judged on results in the end. Rightly.  And people will cast supposition that games would have been won with those heroes in.

There's zero chance to prove that of course as a fans team never goes on he park and had to play real opposition. 

I digress.

Thia notion he should ' grow some balls and walk away' when in fact  he's knuckling down and trying to build something and at the same time clear out some dead wood is frankly laughable.

The football had been terrible at times and he will be judged now, and in the futures on results. 

But let's not make out that because he's got a quiet public persona that it means he's nesh.  That he isn't strong enough. That he hasn't got balls. 

If anything,  carrying on with his stripping down and rebuilding of the squad in an attempt to secure a more stable financial start to next season , whilst developing young players and all in the face of growing criticism of style of play , selection etc I'd suggest he actually has balls of steel. 

Bigger balls certainly than many folks who think he should grow some. 

Good manager. Bad manager.  That'll be judged when he's gone and his tenure is only remembered as a series of statistics.

But weak?

No balls?

Absolute cobblers.

In last weeks pre-match press conference he stated that Westwood was not being picked on merit. When questioned on this post match after we got hammered he then said Westwood was injured.

Not sure he is stripping down and rebuilding a squad for a more stable financial start to next season - the players he isn't picking are still getting paid and will walk away for nothing in the summer don't see any financial saving from not picking them while we are paying them, other than bonuses perhaps. We have players that we gave contracts to that aren't involved but are getting paid, that's not good management at his level or the level above him.

Good on him for integrating youngsters into the first team, but not to the extent that he is doing them or the club as a whole no favours. Which position will we see Penney in next week? Show some consistency and give him a chance to hold down a spot. What about his great decision to bring on the youngster against West Brom's experienced midfielder to see the game out? 

I couldn't give a monkeys how big his balls are, his management of our squad is leading to poor results and in 10 months in charge he doesn't know what his best formation is, doesn't know what his best starting line up is, has no consistency of approach and no descernible pattern of play. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

In last weeks pre-match press conference he stated that Westwood was not being picked on merit. When questioned on this post match after we got hammered he then said Westwood was injured.

Not sure he is stripping down and rebuilding a squad for a more stable financial start to next season - the players he isn't picking are still getting paid and will walk away for nothing in the summer don't see any financial saving from not picking them while we are paying them, other than bonuses perhaps. We have players that we gave contracts to that aren't involved but are getting paid, that's not good management at his level or the level above him.

Good on him for integrating youngsters into the first team, but not to the extent that he is doing them or the club as a whole no favours. Which position will we see Penney in next week? Show some consistency and give him a chance to hold down a spot. What about his great decision to bring on the youngster against West Brom's experienced midfielder to see the game out? 

I couldn't give a monkeys how big his balls are, his management of our squad is leading to poor results and in 10 months in charge he doesn't know what his best formation is, doesn't know what his best starting line up is, has no consistency of approach and no descernible pattern of play. 

Agree totally that he baffles with some selections.

But then again, who is privy to what is going on at training. In the changing rooms. In the canteen. 

I certainly haven't got him pinned as any sort of tactical genius. 

I'm from the school of having a settled back line on the park every week.

It would be interesting to know what match day squad.appearance bonuses some of the played. 

We all remember Jonk getting a £3,000 bonus even if he didn't get on the pitch. I don't know how much of a stretch to think those sorts of things still happen in the game. It might not seem much in ration to FFP or anything like that. But who knows? 

Equally it might be that we actuslly have many of our players who have had severe injury problems on contracts that are hugely reduced if they don't play.  Without seeing them were all guessing. 

The Westwood interview was interesting. Especially this week when asked again about it. 

"He didn't trained for a few weeks. Then he came to training,  the money, then he was....illness and now he hasn't trained again today".

He might well have dropped him. Or it might well be a contract issue. 

Or it might be that the player is throwing sickies.  Whichever it is isn't conducive to harmony. 

I do think it was interesting what he said right back at the beginning of all this when he said. "All three know the situation. Cammy,  Joe and Kieran we have talked and everyone knows the situation". 

Each to their own, mate.

It’s Snootys ‘self indulgent waffle’ that is often the only highlight of any match day and there’s plenty on here that enjoy his posts far more than those of the smart ass one liners

Sorry, forgot to quote Torres

Edited by Ibbo48
Addition

Great OP Snoots.

Lots of managers in the past have been on the quieter side and gone on to have great success. Also many of the great managers have struggled at first because they have had to have a couple of seasons clearing out dead wood and players who thought they were above the club. Ferguson took 4 years to get United into shape, Kendall took about 3 years at Everton, even Clough took 3 years at Forest. Even in our own fairly recent history, look at Paul Jewell. Successful with Bradford, came to us in a not too dissimilar situation from Jos and wasn't given time or patience by either the fans or the board, look what happened to us next whereas Jewell then went and built a fantastic little Wigan side. Jewell was never the problem, WE WERE!

Jos has had his hands tied by injuries and no money to spend. Hardly fair to judge him harshly in such a situation. He has a reputation for clearing dead wood, bringing on youngsters and building a team all of which takes time, maybe, just maybe we ought to give him that time.