Grow some cajones

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Jos and walk away. 

That's a popular theme recently  isn't it. 

Grow some bòllocks.... by walking away. 

Bit of a contradictory phrase but that's par for the course .

When things are going cràp its easier to walk away

It actually take more bòllocks to stay and stand in the face of adversity

Ironically  another reason he has to go is because he's one of those rare breed of managers with enough bòllocks to drop fan favourites. 

He'll be judged on results in the end. Rightly.  And people will cast supposition that games would have been won with those heroes in.

There's zero chance to prove that of course as a fans team never goes on he park and had to play real opposition. 

I digress.

Thia notion he should ' grow some balls and walk away' when in fact  he's knuckling down and trying to build something and at the same time clear out some dead wood is frankly laughable.

The football had been terrible at times and he will be judged now, and in the futures on results. 

But let's not make out that because he's got a quiet public persona that it means he's nesh.  That he isn't strong enough. That he hasn't got balls. 

If anything,  carrying on with his stripping down and rebuilding of the squad in an attempt to secure a more stable financial start to next season , whilst developing young players and all in the face of growing criticism of style of play , selection etc I'd suggest he actually has balls of steel. 

Bigger balls certainly than many folks who think he should grow some. 

Good manager. Bad manager.  That'll be judged when he's gone and his tenure is only remembered as a series of statistics.

But weak?

No balls?

Absolute cobblers.

I guess I'm one of those you're pointing the finger at m'lud

Fair enough ... We're all entitled to an opinion and mine is the guy is a stooge for a desperate chairman.

And he won't be judged on results because if he was he'd have been fired before now. We're currently on course for a 50 point season (close to relegation) when the chairman openly stated that promotion was the only option this season.

The chairman can't get anyone with championship credentials because there's an implosion coming at the end of this season when he has to come clean that there's no cash in the coffers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, erowl said:

And he won't be judged on results because if he was he'd have been fired before now. We're currently on course for a 50 point season (close to relegation) when the chairman openly stated that promotion was the only option this season.

Promotion? With a team that basically consists of  Barry Bannan.  

Chansiri can say what he likes, promotion this season was never the target for anybody living in the real world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, erowl said:

I guess I'm one of those you're pointing the finger at m'lud

Fair enough ... We're all entitled to an opinion and mine is the guy is a stooge for a desperate chairman.

The chairman can't get anyone with championship credentials because there's an implosion coming at the end of this season when he has to come clean that there's no cash in the coffers.

Don't understand the "come clean" bit ?

Everyone and their dog knows we have run foul of P&S from the accounts published previously. 

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Don't understand the "come clean" bit ?

Everyone and their dog knows we have run foul of P&S from the accounts published previously. 

Well the chairman stated that there would be 'consequences' should we not be promoted this season.. That's not 'coming clean'

Anyway, pretty sure we'll know more in 6 months

30 minutes ago, erowl said:

They all get judged on results in the end. The good the bad and the inderferent. 

I think there is only the chairman who admits to not knowing football who really believed that. 

Isnt there?

I don't think it will be the shock reveal some might envisage!

I guess I'm one of those you're pointing the finger at m'lud

It's milord, as in landed gentry. Not the legal buffoons. 

• Haha 1

Lack of bravery isn’t something I’d accuse Jos off to be fair.

But what about changing defensive personnel and formations from one game to the next then complaining we “don’t have enough consistency in our defending....”

Not to mention his apparent belief that Westwood is our third best keeper and Hutchinson, Boyd, Abdi and Jones would bring nothing to the midfield that Pelupessy and young Connor Kirby can’t provide. 

No His bravery isn’t something I’d necessarily question. His judgement though.... 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, erowl said:

Fully agree mate - the chairman is totally deluded

The chairman has put bucket loads of dosh in, he's been conned by others. They have taken him to the cleaners. Deluded maybe but his intentions were good.

Jos is the latest incomer, who his 'trusted advisors' found. He needs new advisors, though I doubt he would trust any foooker now.

7 minutes ago, erowl said:

Well the chairman stated that there would be 'consequences' should we not be promoted this season.. That's not 'coming clean'

Anyway, pretty sure we'll know more in 6 months

Do you think that anyone who has seen the accounts for the last couple of years doesn't realise that ?

I don't think anyone needs to, as you put it,  "come clean" about it. It's a blatant fact.