Bannan last niight

My recollection is that he misplaced two passes in quick succession, but that was it.

Was all over the pitch chasing down and blocking space. Was the only player who looked to bring us out of our own half.

I honestly feel that people on here just reject players after a couple of poor passes no matter what else happens in the game. Seems to happen all the time on here.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have those off days when your passing isn’t quite on it. It was belting it down last night which impacts ball, boots and pitch, easier to make mistakes in that weather.

But if it isn’t going for you, you just work as hard as you can. bannan bust a gut last night, he will barely be able to move this morning. He worked and worked and worked. Can only admire a player like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it is interesting to see where we go after last night. Unlike some , I think it could be something we can build on but only if Jos makes the right decisions.

Bannan is integral to this.

Under both Carlos and Jos , Bannan has shown he prefers dropping deep and trying to start moves. This has been an integral part of our ridiculous passing game we have been playing on the edge of our own box . 

We didn’ do this last night and consequently Bannan didn’t get on the ball as much.

We now need to strike a happy medium and we need Bannan playing well but in the right areas of the pitch.

Jos needs to realise this, stop playing too deep, and now we have some attacking players coming back he needs to decide whether we are going 343 like the end of last season or play 433 but either way playing further up the pitch and having a go at the opposition .

I firmly believe our shipping recent goals has been down to playing too deep not necessarily to the fact we went 4 at the back.

Get Bannan on the ball in their half, and stop him dropping deep.

2 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Most of his passing resulted in us losing possession with far too many bad passes in our half, think he lost his head last night......too wound up. 

Have to wonder if that collective mental energy, which Bannan was part of,  is what underpinned the defensive focus though.......

Yeah wasnt his best game but he’s allowed one. He was seen numerous times trying to gee the side up. Seems much more captain material than Lees.  

40 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

My recollection is that he misplaced two passes in quick succession, but that was it.

Was all over the pitch chasing down and blocking space. Was the only player who looked to bring us out of our own half.

I honestly feel that people on here just reject players after a couple of poor passes no matter what else happens in the game. Seems to happen all the time on here.

Spot on LLP

I think some on here need to look at how good the pigs are this season 

Bannan was immense 2nd half must have covered every blade of grass in an effort to secure a point 

1 hour ago, Lee Strafford said:

Major surgery, nightmare caskateers, widespread corruption on and off the pitch, autistic son getting bullied in primary school cause of my role at the club, and police protection due to death threats, yeah not much pressure there.....sorry for the typo though I'm a bit dyslexic....

Jesus sorry mate, had no idea you were going through all of that rubbish. I'm well out of the loop living in Cornwall. People are right (can't use appropriate word due to swear filter). 

Hope things improve and some of us still appreciate what you did for our club.

3 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

Most of his passing resulted in us losing possession with far too many bad passes in our half, think he lost his head last night......too wound up. 

Have to wonder if that collective mental energy, which Bannan was part of,  is what underpinned the defensive focus though.......

spot on

Not one of his better performances. However he didn't have much to work with around him. Reach and Fletcher were the only outlets when the game was 100mph. Quite a few of his passes went to the Blunts but as I say he was surrounded most of the time with not much on other than often tricky passes to Reach or Fletcher.

Pelupessy was doing the holding role and I thought for the most part did ok, got some crunching tackles in, but Penney was anonymous for most the game and the so called wing backs didn't offer Bannan much.

3 hours ago, Lee Strafford said:

To be fair he didn't have a myriad of options. Lacked his two wide players, two central strikers and two partners in centre midfield. No one was breaking their neck to occupy forward space generally he had six or seven players occupying space behind him; Very difficult, I can understand his two or three passes in second half played up the line to no one in particular.

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, Ibbo48 said:

Really can’t believe some of the comments in this thread.

OT has become a masterclass in moaning

It's a forum mate, a place for folks to opine, vent and laud.

Be boring if we all just agreed and said nowt.

6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

It's a forum mate, a place for folks to opine, vent and laud.

Be boring if we all just agreed and said nowt.

Well mate even Neil said the same.

If you look later in the thread you’ll see I added to what I’d said.

It was the criticism of him as a player that got my goat and not his performance on the night.

Some of the things said were out of order and it’s a theme on here that players get singled out.

Reach too has been slagged off.

Without those 2 players where the hell do you think we’d be?

You can’t deny that there are certain posters who revel in a good moan