Bannan last niight

The reason he gave it away a few times was down to the fact he was always showing for the ball but when he got it had no options ahead of him.

That's down to the way the team is set up by Jos.

Like that time in the second half he is often leading the press. I sometimes wonder if that's against Jos' instructions). Hes one of the best centre mids in the division stiffled by the inept tactics.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Give over

He made 2 sloppy passes and ran his knackers off. Was always available for the ball as usual unlike others...

You need to watch the game again! loads of misplaced passes and let players run past him all game. Always looking for the Hollywood pass and it didn't come off once. 

If you think running in a big arch at the keeper actually does anything other than use energy then more fool you and him. Fans clap this pointless run ffs. 

Ps I love Bannan but he's a million miles off his best. 

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

Bannan was very poor easily the poorest player on Wednesday side. he never touched ball in first 30 minutes and he made at least 5 bad passes. He did make two good passes and regained ball in a couple of tackles but also lost ball on a couple of occasions in dangerous areas. He does not have pace or physicality when it is an high tempo game. Many teams are now allowing him to have ball as they realise the majority of his passing brings little reward. This was most evident in QPR game where they allowed him to have ball (in excess of 100 touches) and it all amounted to nothing. A fancy dan turn a couple of excellent goals and a lot of huffing and puffing does not make a good team player

That last comment is harsh. Irrespective of contribution with the ball, look at how he grabs hold of Dawson when he's saved pens. 

With the ball he's our most creative player by a mile. Most of us would be gutted if he were to leave. 

Guest wilyfox

Didn't have a good game - but few did, so I wouldn't single him out.

Last night was about the clean sheet and ending our run of defeats. Let's hope it's a starting point on which to build. But, clearly all is not well. 

@Lee Strafford misspelled night, there is only one i in the word that I'm aware of.

Proving it is possible to make mistakes and presumably you made yours under far less pressure than Bannan did last night.

Let's not hound everyone for the sake of it please. He wasn't at his best last night but as others have said, he played slightly out of position and is trying to carry a struggling side at times almost on his own.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

That last comment is harsh. Irrespective of contribution with the ball, look at how he grabs hold of Dawson when he's saved pens. 

With the ball he's our most creative player by a mile. Most of us would be gutted if he were to leave. 

I accept he his whole hearted and definitely shows passion and encouragement but success is counted in assists made telling forwarded passes successful tackles and goals. When you look at his record it unfortunately means he is very easy to play against. I would be surprised if anybody bought him. The recent Aston Villa speculation was ballswash they are trying to reduce wage bill not increase it and will be trying to offload players.

15 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

How come we aren't talking about when he single handedly harried the Utd back line leading to their losing possession ?

He uncharacteristically plays 3 bad passes and we are on his feckin case.

I really am scratching my head.

It's just called discussion. It's what people do and what most people on here come for. 

My lass once gave me a bad blow job, proper grating teeth and gum roll jobbie, i discussed it with the lads, but i still let her suck me off. 

26 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

Give over

He made 2 sloppy passes and ran his knackers off. Was always available for the ball as usual unlike others...

He gave away possession a third of the time he received the ball. Take the specs off, apart from the workrate he had a shocker. 

But he's allowed, only human and more often than not this season he's been very good. 

Having an off game or being marked out of the match is one thing.

Giving the ball away in our own half 20 yards to the opposition who had bags of space in the middle as it was is reckless.

The fact is, despite our issues, the senior/quality players aren't stepping up in this time of turmoil.

Beyond Fletch and Hector I struggle to see who are the youth players and who the talent are.