That 'Penalty'

On 11/11/2018 at 09:32, tomassOwl84 said:

Not read the whole thread but didn't Forestieri go down in the box in similar circumstance his back leg was clipped as he slowed up. Can't remember who is was against now but was one of his last games before being injured. In that game commentators said he was looking for the contact so it wasn't one. 

Duffy wasn't just "looking for" the contact. He made the contact. 

• Like 1

In the modern game where cheating is allowed unless you get caught he put his foot their - what Fox should had done is pull out of the challenge he goes down and gets book but the attacker drew a foul out of a defender who was out of position.

The same can be said all the shirt pulling going on. Give 6 or 7 penalties a game until players realise you get your own shirt for the game and no one elses WTF:

3 hours ago, roaminowl said:

Next time I’m down in Sheffield we can do a quick test. I'll run along and knock my trailing leg into your stationary front leg. We can then see how long it takes you to realise that it wasn't your fault.

Not quite right though as Fox was moving so his leg wasn’t stationary

On 11/11/2018 at 09:32, tomassOwl84 said:

Not read the whole thread but didn't Forestieri go down in the box in similar circumstance his back leg was clipped as he slowed up. Can't remember who is was against now but was one of his last games before being injured. In that game commentators said he was looking for the contact so it wasn't one. 

It was against Leeds early on in the game.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

In the modern game where cheating is allowed unless you get caught he put his foot their - what Fox should had done is pull out of the challenge he goes down and gets book but the attacker drew a foul out of a defender who was out of position.

The same can be said all the shirt pulling going on. Give 6 or 7 penalties a game until players realise you get your own shirt for the game and no one elses WTF:

Fox DID pull out, he had both arms in the air. It was an absolute travesty, I've watched it time and again from every angle and Duffy does what Sterling did, cheats and cons the ref. And after a minutes silence for the unbelievably brave souls who acted with dignity and integrity, some paying the ultimate sacrifice. Duffy should be ashamed.

15 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Fox DID pull out, he had both arms in the air. It was an absolute travesty, I've watched it time and again from every angle and Duffy does what Sterling did, cheats and cons the ref. And after a minutes silence for the unbelievably brave souls who acted with dignity and integrity, some paying the ultimate sacrifice. Duffy should be ashamed.

Unfortunately in modern football that what happens the FA and the EFL could take retrospective action for cheats and divers but they don't so what chance do referees have when those running the game don't care.