That 'Penalty'

42 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

This is how I saw it. Played for and got. 

Fox shouldn't have let him cut in front of him. 
Duffy was clever to do so. 
The ref shouldn't have been so easily conned, with it being so obvious that what he was going to do. 
But at that speed, it's easy to see how he was. 

Missing the penalty = justice!

That Penalty.jpg

Spot on, but he didn't miss the penalty.

It was poor and saved by our our club Derby legend of a Goal Keeper Dawson

:luhukay:

Justice

31 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

No, being right makes it not true.

It was NOT a penalty, and anyone who says it is, clearly is someone (like you) who is simple as simple is.

Plus - HOW long will you be a "Student" for?  you've been on here for an age, are you a job dodger?

But it was a penalty. It was given. I saw McGoldrick run up to take it and everything.

As for the attempt at a personal dig... firstly are you incapable of replying without resorting to it? Post not poster innit. To answer your question: I finished my master's in September. I hope that helps in your concern for my employment status. I'm sure I'll get around to changing my name soon, I apologise for the difficulty it's caused you.

Edited by StudentOwl

13 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

But it was a penalty. It was given. I saw McGoldrick run up to take it and everything.

As for the attempt at a personal dig... firstly are you incapable of replying without resorting to it? Post not poster innit. To answer your question: I finished my master's in September. I hope that helps in your concern for my employment status. I'm sure I'll get around to changing my name soon, I apologise for the difficulty it's caused you.

Wage slave owl would suit.

• Haha 1

Duffy initiated the contact not Fox.

He moved his leg to an unnatural position in order to ensure he made contact with Fox’s leg .

In other words it was a con and should not have been given.

However very clever, deliberate cheating difficult for the referee to interpret in real time.

5 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

If that was a penalty, then make the game totally NON contact.

Fox did every thing possible to NOT to touch him, it was just contact by accident, no way did Fox deliberately stick his leg out to stop Duffy, but hey! that's modern football.

You clearly have never played football before. When you are running and get your trailing leg knocked against your front leg you can’t stay on your feet. It’s a penalty

9 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Didn’t look a penalty to me. Way too little contact from Fox and way too much diving from the Utd player.  

There was contact, unfortunately for us the ref gave a peno. They were the home team, big tense crowd, big big derby. Dawson stopped it. Good lad.

Up The Owls.

Well done Dawson.

WAWAW.

Edited by F. Spiksley
Clarity.

7 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

If that was a penalty, then make the game totally NON contact.

Fox did every thing possible to NOT to touch him, it was just contact by accident, no way did Fox deliberately stick his leg out to stop Duffy, but hey! that's modern football.

Lets be honest. If roles were reversed we'd go batshit crazy if we didnt get a penalty for that.

Im sure Fox made contact accidentally but it clearly impeded Duffys run on goal.

Tony Adams used to get away with murder "accidentally" running into the back of attackers that had got goal side of him, the two hatted bell-end.

6 hours ago, Sham67 said:

It wasn't an accident.  Duffy's leg is in an unnatural position for someone running.  He knew there was someone behind and tried to induce contact.  Cheating, nothing less.  If Forestieri did the same thing, he'd get a yellow every time.   Ref's will have seen the video and got Duffy's number.  I'd be surprised if he ever gets the benefit of the doubt again.

See above illustrated post.

Are your eyes painted on? How is Duffys leg (in that picture) in an unnatural position? Is it normally sticking out of his shoulder.

I agree Fox didnt deliberately make contact but Duffys clever run across his path caused Fox to catch his his leg, which then knocked into his front leg. 

3 hours ago, the_who said:

You clearly have never played football before. When you are running and get your trailing leg knocked against your front leg you can’t stay on your feet. It’s a penalty

That first sentence is snidey and almost certainly wrong anyway. 

The second doesn't seem to me to be a very scientific study. Mostly I imagine you're right but by no means should it be considered some sort of absolute law. The parameters would be different in every case.

For what it's worth, I think those suggesting Duffy initiated the contact and still could have stayed on his feet are right. Unfortunately, in the modern game and the cheats that play it, that gets a penalty most of the time. Even if VAR had been available, it would be extremely difficult to justify over-ruling the original decision.

39 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Are your eyes painted on? How is Duffys leg (in that picture) in an unnatural position?

Someone referred to it last night as the 'Jamie Vardy Technique' of leaving the leg trailing slightly knowing that the defender was approaching. Personally, I'd prefer it linked to the biggest cheat in the Premier League who is even more practiced at it; Dele Alli. This one wasn't as obvious as some of their's, but I think it is what Duffy did; quite skillfully I should add. 

Was gonna say myself about the Jamie vardy stuff. He's left his leg trailing behind, felt contact and thrown himself to the floor. The ref has bought it and given a penalty. Regardless of how eloquently or vociferously people say otherwise, I remain convinced that if it had been FF he would have been booked for diving. 

So glad Dawson saved it. 

What was the foul on Penney? Don't remember that.