Cameron Dawson - Owls legend in making

This kid has done well all season and his performance last night was so outstanding - including a brilliant penalty save - that it will be remembered by us Owls fans for many yrs to come. Just imagine if the pigs miss promotion / play offs by a couple of points!

This kid is the best young keeper we've had since Pressman. I gather he's already on the radar of some Premership clubs. He's got a great future ahead of him and, with him being a former Weds season ticket holder, surely we can now get behind him as top young keeper and proper Owl?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He's just unlucky that there is frustration after missing out on promotion, and we have KW, a top class keeper no doubt, which creates a lot of pressure.

At any other time he'd be supported to hilt, especially because he's a Wednesday fan, just unfortunate timing. I don't think people have anything against him, it's more a product of the clubs situation.

If he carries on he'll win the fans over.

18 minutes ago, jomaco said:

He's just unlucky that there is frustration after missing out on promotion, and we have KW, a top class keeper no doubt, which creates a lot of pressure.

At any other time he'd be supported to hilt, especially because he's a Wednesday fan, just unfortunate timing. I don't think people have anything against him, it's more a product of the clubs situation.

If he carries on he'll win the fans over.

After last night it's an open and shut case. He's the future of the club and he's never conceded a penalty against the Blades. That may come in useful in the future.

3 hours ago, dfoster said:

This kid has done well all season and his performance last night was so outstanding - including a brilliant penalty save - that it will be remembered by us Owls fans for many yrs to come. Just imagine if the pigs miss promotion / play offs by a couple of points!

This kid is the best young keeper we've had since Pressman. I gather he's already on the radar of some Premership clubs. He's got a great future ahead of him and, with him being a former Weds season ticket holder, surely we can now get behind him as top young keeper and proper Owl?

He is an Owls legend after last night. Just like Chris O'Grady.

Can you imagine the pressure he was under?

Nerves of Steel. He'll take that with him into future big games.

The new Bob Bolder?

Remember when we got beaten 3-0 at home and Bolder got booed because the fans wanted Chris Turner back in goal. Jack Charlton had decided we needed a big goalkeeper (and a big centre-half and a big centre-forward) in the 3rd division and thought Bolder was more suitable than Turner. He said if the fans would lay off him Bolder would become a great keeper and he was right - one of the best we've ever had.

Could be happening again. For me last night the way he plucked that high ball out from the sky when under pressure was just as impressive as the penalty.

4 hours ago, dfoster said:

good post

but you are wasting your time. too many idiots that dont understand football.

1 hour ago, davetherivelinowl said:

The new Bob Bolder?

Remember when we got beaten 3-0 at home and Bolder got booed because the fans wanted Chris Turner back in goal. Jack Charlton had decided we needed a big goalkeeper (and a big centre-half and a big centre-forward) in the 3rd division and thought Bolder was more suitable than Turner. He said if the fans would lay off him Bolder would become a great keeper and he was right - one of the best we've ever had.

Could be happening again. For me last night the way he plucked that high ball out from the sky when under pressure was just as impressive as the penalty.

I remember Bolder when he received a lot of stick in his first few games, 2 home defeats against Blackburn and Brentford, and was dropped for a few games, it wasn't Chris Turner who replaced him though, I think he had left for Sunderland, it was Brian Cox who replaced him, played about 10 games before Bolder was re-called.

Before we signed Bolder he had been back up keeper to Ray Clemence at Liverpool for a few years but I think he never made an appearence for them, so though he wasn't a youngster he hadn't any first team experience.

Edited by bradowl

He’s done well all season apart from probably the Norwich game. 

He’s made more saves than any other keeper in the league.

He’s still learning though so hopefully the fans can be patient with him this season and we could have a top top keeper on our hands for years to come. 

Also he looks much more comfortable when getting rid of the ball long, rather than all the messing about passing it about the defence. 

I completely agree with the sentiment. He’s a great young keeper, with a really bright future ahead of him, and really does not deserve an ounce of the critisism that he’s receieved. 

Regarding being the best young keeper since Pressman? I disagree. I personally think that Wildsmith shouldn’t have had the shirt taken off of him, and rate him a little more than Dawson.