MAYHEM TONIGHT

Could I please ask that anyone who attended the game tonight and who was caught in the mayhem in trying to enter the ground through the two turnstiles which could have resulted in some serious casualties and which caused a lot of distress for many, please message me as I will be taking up the matter with the police and other bodies.

Alternatively, if you prefer, please ensure you make a direct complaint to the police.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Wednesdayite said:

Could I please ask that anyone who attended the game tonight and who was caught in the mayhem in trying to enter the ground through the two turnstiles which could have resulted in some serious casualties and which caused a lot of distress for many, please message me as I will be taking up the matter with the police and other bodies.

Alternatively, if you prefer, please ensure you make a direct complaint to the police.

Woah,hang on,before ya get all uptight/upset and reporting things to the police,lets have a bit more context in regards to what happened for you to suggest " which could have resulted in some serious casualties and which caused a lot of distress for many",not doubting the issue(s),why not contact SUFC with your stadium concerns first  ?

I was stood in the ground..after the crush and I got a call from my girlfriends mate, saying she was upset (one steward was superb and brought her round) and when it all comes down to it, the police got it massively wrong!!!! That wait outside the turnstiles was nothing like anyone had seen before...terrible!!!

fizz off United you tail tugging tuggers!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I was stood in the ground..after the crush and I got a call from my girlfriends mate, saying she was upset (one steward was superb and brought her round) and when it all comes down to it, the police got it massively wrong!!!! That wait outside the turnstiles was nothing like anyone had seen before...terrible!!!

fizz off United you tail tugging tuggers!!

Owd on

I cannot abide the *******, but you can't say it's the coppers fault, then blame them.

Unless the last point is separate, then i agree :biggrin:

45 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Woah,hang on,before ya get all uptight/upset and reporting things to the police,lets have a bit more context in regards to what happened for you to suggest " which could have resulted in some serious casualties and which caused a lot of distress for many",not doubting the issue(s),why not contact SUFC with your stadium concerns first  ?

I don't react unnecessarily to situations, this could have been another Hillsborough incident, a situation where an emergency 999 call had to be made in the most frightening and dangerous circumstances.

So please, if you weren't involved, I'd appreciate you minding your own.  If you read my post, you will see about my intentions of contacting other bodies.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Wednesdayite said:

I don't react unnecessarily to situations, this could have been another Hillsborough incident, a situation where an emergency 999 call had to be made in the most frightening and dangerous circumstances.

So please, if you weren't involved, I'd appreciate you minding your own.  If you read my post, you will see about my intentions of contacting other bodies.

Fella,its genuine concern i have,not some flippant comment to negate your concerns with regards to what happened.....................apologies if you thought that.

• Thanks 1

It was absolutely disgusting out there. 

I was pushing arms against the wall pushing back to make room for a pair of women that couldn’t move. 

Wednesday fans getting attacked by the thugs in the other direction, all while smoke bombs, bangers, and glass bottles were being lobbed at us. 

Get inside and ask the stewards to make some form of a common sense decission before someone gets really hurt, but their hands are tied by the bill. 

Credit where it’s due, although the turnstyle issue was an absolute shambles, after the game the had it 100% sewn up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, torres said:

Proves the lack of actual supporters on here & social media that it’s not been publicised more. 

I got in the ground at 715 and didn’t encounter one problem. And coming out was a walk in the park. 0-0 and heavy rain is a dream for the police. 

11 hours ago, Wednesdayite said:

Could I please ask that anyone who attended the game tonight and who was caught in the mayhem in trying to enter the ground through the two turnstiles which could have resulted in some serious casualties and which caused a lot of distress for many, please message me as I will be taking up the matter with the police and other bodies..... 

Already sent a mail to 

info@sufc.co.uk  and  
complaints_and_discipline@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

Have asked for SUFC to pass it on to Jurgen Morton-Hall, club safety officer. I'll forward it on to you if you dm me your email address.

Edited by Ginner
  • Like 1

We arrived by mini bus a few mins past 7, dropped off outside away end and staright through turnstiles in seconds. 

Must have been a fault on turnstile scanners, though it's extra cost for clubs you can't beat the old fashioned way of a manned turnstile like at our place.