Away fans turnstiles at the Stain tonight.

1 hour ago, kevmac said:

Don't often post on forums or get involved in social media. But, would like to say a big THANK YOU to a couple of lads who gave me some help getting through the crush outside the turnstiles last night. I got separated from my mates and soon found myself pushed up against the wall alongside the turnstiles. For a few seconds I simply couldn't move and the wall wasn't going anywhere. I'm 62 yrs old and at that moment probably looked a lot older, young guy just behind and to side of me asked 'you ok pal' I said I couldn't move and was starting to have difficulty getting a breath. Together with another guy they managed to brace themselves against the pushing from behind and I squeezed into the gap they made and got through to the turnstile . I don't know who you are but if by some chance you do read this forum then once again, THANK YOU. 

Sorry you had to experience that, hope it doesn’t knock your confidence - sounds a shambles. Enjoy rest of your season. Nice note to the two lads as well, good work those fellas.

Absolute shambles.

The worst thing was seeing loads of stewards and police officers on entry standing around doing nothing. Plenty of people voiced their frustration towards SYP and they simply shrugged their shoulders.

There was a bloke outraged that his daughter had nearly fainted and needed medical attention on entry, he told them to get outside before somebody got seriously hurt. You'd have thought this would have been enough for the 6-8 SYP officers to exit the ground and help restore some normality. Do you know what they did? Walked off towards the pitch to the outrage of those around me.

2 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

Lad in front of me said to the steward "I've lost me ticket", so the steward just told the two of us to go in together in the same turn of the turnstiles. I reckon quite a few got in without tickets last night, madness.

Said the same. 

People that even attempted to get in without a ticket are pure scum 

9 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Absolute shambles.

The worst thing was seeing loads of stewards and police officers on entry standing around doing nothing. Plenty of people voiced their frustration towards SYP and they simply shrugged their shoulders.

There was a bloke outraged that his daughter had nearly fainted and needed medical attention on entry, he told them to get outside before somebody got seriously hurt. You'd have thought this would have been enough for the 6-8 SYP officers to exit the ground and help restore some normality. Do you know what they did? Walked off towards the pitch to the outrage of those around me.

They didn’t have a clue last night. Total embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

Lad in front of me said to the steward "I've lost me ticket", so the steward just told the two of us to go in together in the same turn of the turnstiles. I reckon quite a few got in without tickets last night, madness.

There was a few who got in without tickets last night including one of my mates, he was hanging around in hope of a spare but someone told him just push through on one ticket as turnstiles have no one operating them.

Just now, torres said:

Yep you are spot on pal 

Just turn up without a ticket - seems the sensible thing to do 

I'd never do it or encourage others to do it, probably only an handful who did it, years ago I remember at Saltergate and Oakwell when thousands outside stadium before kick off forced main gates open, now that was a dangerous thing to do.

SAG and SYP won’t care. Inflammatory comments in the media before the game, barge into law abiding supporters looking for them to react so you can give them more aggro and ensure there is plenty of netting in the ground and metal fences outside that force people into bottlenecks - match day policing at its finest

17 hours ago, sturutter said:

Experienced the same. Was also there at almost exactly 720pm. Was with my pregnant wife (our close decision on whether she should go or not turned out to probably be wrong). So, we had not much choice but to stand back, be in last, and not enter the crush. I thought our fans were well behaved, given the obvious anger of the situation. Until they opened the rest of the turnstiles about 7 minutes into the game, it really looked like it might be 30 minutes or more til people got in. The classic football situation of no single steward or police having a clue of the overview of what was happening.

Our verdict on the reason behind it all was slightly different- we really don't know, though. We thought that normally there would be 6 away turnstiles, but they had decided to only open 3, to help their operation to keep fans apart. Fine if it works, but a bit of simple maths should have let them know that you're just not going to get 2,000 fans through a smaller number of turnstiles on time.

A complete farce, and I agree- for South Yorkshire Police to not take command of the situation in any way is all too familiar.

I blame DC, Jos and Palmer.lol

I gave it a swerve last night glad I did. Really concerning reading these comments. Glad it’s getting reported but sadly I think we can all predict the response from the two organisations involved. Plus we will probably now get even less tickets next season due to “ safety issues”. Scandalous