Sign in to follow this  
Beholder

Lets give some praise

Guaranteed be a different back line again next game, constant changing it about 

• Agree 1

Thanks for this thread. 

It will probably get lost in all the over dramatic ones (that actually sound like people are annoyed we didn’t get thumped - like they all confidently predicted). 

If we don’t say well done when the players do apply themselves/give everything then it’s all one sided negatives isn’t it ?   

Is that the new fun? Moaning? Hating everything? 

People are saying “that’s not the Wednesday I know” in terms of performance... well some of the comments on here aren’t the Wednesday I know either...  

Well done to the players that put in a shift, and the fans in the away end that had no fear in going - to actively support the boys and the shirt. 

UTO. 

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Great post beholder.

The young lads in particular deserve some real credit tonight. They fought for the team, despite the awful, negative set up doing them no favours whatsoever.

Really pleased for Dawson, who's had some ridiculous stick from some idiots.

• Agree 2

The defence deserve a lot of praise tonight. Did very well against a lot of pressure. So pleased for Dawson, what a save from the penalty. Jos for his negative, sitting back tactics doesn’t deserve any praise. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Great post beholder.

The young lads in particular deserve some real credit tonight. They fought for the team, despite the awful, negative set up doing them no favours whatsoever.

Really pleased for Dawson, who's had some ridiculous stick from some idiots.

This is the point exactly. We want our lads to be confident on the ball and express themselves etc like United, but I’ve seen comments moaning that our players were happy at the final whistle. 

How are they ever going to get any confidence if we don’t allow them to. 

If they’re happy - it’s a good thing. 

Just now, Beholder said:

To the back 6:

To Cammy for some top drawer goalkeeping tonight. That save was outstanding in the rain and gave the team a massive lift.

To Thornily who is a very good defender. Keep him in the team now.

To Hector who is a beast- LOVED that takedown of Clarke at the end. GET DOWN TVVAT!.

To Lees who put his nightmare mistakes behind him and had an excellent game..

To Fox and Baker who defended like their lives depended on it.

In posession we were diabolical but you gotta praise defenders when they do their job. 

Lets hope jos doesn't start his silly changes then.

Great post. For all the huffing and puffing, dem blavdes didn't really have a clear cut chance (penalty aside) until Billy's free header after 92 minutes. 

40 minutes ago, Beholder said:

To the back 6:

To Cammy for some top drawer goalkeeping tonight. That save was outstanding in the rain and gave the team a massive lift.

To Thornily who is a very good defender. Keep him in the team now.

To Hector who is a beast- LOVED that takedown of Clarke at the end. GET DOWN TVVAT!.

To Lees who put his nightmare mistakes behind him and had an excellent game..

To Fox and Baker who defended like their lives depended on it.

In posession we were diabolical but you gotta praise defenders when they do their job. 

One of very few positive threads. Totally agree with you. Almost everybody expected us to get a stuffing goalwise and we didn't. We were poor at keeping possession and only had 200 and something passes compared to Barcaunited's 600 something.

We only had 20 something possession.

We didn't lose and we kept a clean sheet. Excellent defensive display against a rampaging opposition. 

The forwards didn't have many opportunities but did their best.

With Fessi and Matias back then hopefully the attacking problems will be solved. I believe we still need a quality playmaker to create attacks from midfield. I love Duracellbannans work rate, dedication and energy for 90 minutes but if he hasn't any outlet to aim for he is peeing in the wind. Not sure of his best position. Perhaps a deep lying playmaker linking defence and midfield. Then an advanced creator to push forward . Fessi? 

Not my decision though.

Defensively magnificent, some terrific performances from players who have received a lot of stick lately, Fox, Lees and Baker particularly. 

Dawson deservedly MOM for penalty save though for all United's domination he didn't have a lot to do. 

It's a shame we didn't keep ball better to threaten them more. 

Effort and energy, 10 out of 10  Entertainment? I wouldn’t pay to watch that performance every week

Dawson was excellent tonight. Commanded the area and caught everything. He's a great shot stopper too. Top marks. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Effort and energy, 10 out of 10  Entertainment? I wouldn’t pay to watch that performance every week

I was enthralled from the first to the last minute.

White knuckle rides arent entertaining but they are gripping.

Not a jos fan I'll admit but defending is a part of football and you are allowed to do it. The outrage when teams do it and do it well is rather funny