Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

That's a matter of interpretation. You could easily say instead "look at the mess he left them in". 

The fans forced him out, he would still be there now if it was his choice and I have no doubt they would have a fair few more points. They are now in a position that reflects the investment they have put in over the past few years, MM had them consistently punching above their weight. The mess they are in is down to continued non-investment, not what he chose to leave them with.

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Christ. Winning wasn't an option?

Embarrassing.  Of course it was an option.

0-0 away from home against a team flying I is a good RESULT but there was nothing encouraging about the fact we we were completelt dominated, could have played all night and not scored, and couldn't string 3 passes together in the other half of the pitch.

It wasnt an option, tell me how, another one who would rather lose than the point we craved.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Played with spirit and determination which was great.

But set up like a non-league team going to Old Trafford. The Matias cameo was a glimpse of what might have been with a bit more ambition. 

Why what did he do. Must have missed ir

Guest Manwithastick
12 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Good result, and results are all that counts. God why do I have to deal with fools all the time.

Is it because you live in a house of mirrors?

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Can't deny I feel relieved that we avoided a beating and stopped the rot, but that was the performance of a side looking to get a replay in  a cup tie.

The reality is Jos didn't dare try and win the game. We used the ball woefully for the most part and we never looked like scoring. 

Forestieri simply HAS to come back into this side. That line up was never going to get in the front foot tonight. If we'd have been playing Barcelona tonight I don't think we could have been more defensive.

We will be relegated if we persist in playing a team with such little attacking threat. 

Forestieri is injured.

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The fans forced him out, he would still be there now if it was his choice and I have no doubt they would have a fair few more points. They are now in a position that reflects the investment they have put in over the past few years, MM had them consistently punching above their weight. The mess they are in is down to continued non-investment, not what he chose to leave them with.

In the last 18 months or so, the situations at Ipswich and Wednesday have been fairly similar in terms of the league positions and the amounts invested I would imagine. The main differences are that one of the managers built the squad he was stuck with and the other cost quite a hefty sum to put together (even though for many reasons it has declined markedly).

Yet one of them is being applauded for doing a great job whilst the other is being castigated as "clueless" and a "clown".

14 hours ago, full fathom five said:

On the bench and unable for selection by our managers "discipline" :duntmatter: it's really serving us well so far????

On the bench i hear you say. The clamour for Nuhiu every week is deafening isnt it? Joao, Mr inconsistent who the fans love to berate. That leaves MM just back from injury who came on. Who was left attacking wise due to discipline?? Enlighten me

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Agree . We set up last night like we were playing Barcalona , not the pigs.

And... how did you want us to set up. 433 and go balls out. Nuhiu, fletcher and joao up front, tails up. 

Get over run, lose 3-0. Kids get more deflated, fans get more stupid, jos gets more stick, more moaning about clean sheets, one less point than todat, even worse morale. Sounds like a plan.

Yes im sure your way sounds better

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Winning wasn't an option. A game if football. 11 v 11 against a team in the same division. 

Ok.

In that case every game should be a draw then, we are all in same division after all. Form, morale, player availability, home or away all have zero to do with it obviously. All the teams will finish on same points and same GD. Just 11 v 11 in same division after all.

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

In that case every game should be a draw then, we are all in same division after all. Form, morale, player availability, home or away all have zero to do with it obviously. All the teams will finish on same points and same GD. Just 11 v 11 in same division after all.

You're getting ridiculous now.