Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

1 minute ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

Care to expand?

Are you fricking kidding me?

care to expand? 

Apart from the game I watched , which we’ll come back to shortly, let’s look at something objective like the stats on the BBC. They say:

possession : 75% to 25% to the blades

shots: 19:7 to the blades

shots on target : 5:1 to the blades 

corners: 12:4 to the blades

fouls: 5:11 to the owls 

I don’t think any of these are stats any team should aspire to, no matter who they are playing. 

And make no mistake about it, we played scared. We played like we were up against Man City away, not a bunch of fat chancers who couldn’t even find it in themselves to beat our sorry heap of crap. I can’t remember a shot in anger , apart from that fox miss, and even then it wasn’t him. 

Yeah so we got a point. I’m very happy we didn’t lose to them. 

But it if anyone thinks that’s how we should play, or what Sheffield Wednesday is, or should be , you are as bad as our disgrace of a manager and I’d suggest you should do one 

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh get her   !!!

what was the outcome of those posession stats..........................the square root nof f--k all

what was the outcome of those shots on target...........................the square root of f--k all

what was the outcome of those corners.......................................the square root of f--k all

Thats not luck,thats the opposing team being not very good tonight,thats it.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh get her   !!!

what was the outcome of those posession stats..........................the square root nof f--k all

what was the outcome of those shots on target...........................the square root of f--k all

what was the outcome of those corners.......................................the square root of f--k all

Thats not luck,thats the opposing team being not very good tonight,thats it.

If you’re comfortable with holding your head up high, carry on . I’m not . 

7 minutes ago, enjoyyourfootball said:

“Top team in the division “

it is this kind of defensive thinking and undue respect that has seen us play like tonight  , like we are the non league team playing away at the big premier league team

it’s a total disgrace 

They are a top team in the division, look at the table. And we are missing 5 players who would definitely start if they were available, arguably 6 or 7.

It's really not a disgrace if you consider that

Edited by Carbone

Just now, enjoyyourfootball said:

If you’re comfortable with holding your head up high, carry on . I’m not . 

Comfortable holding my head high,being a fan of swfc ?,goes without saying fella,we've been outplayed tonight..................agreed,what was the result of us being outplayed........nil f-----g nil thats what,its hacked off mardiwilder,its hacked off dem blavdes fans,that'll do me.

• Thanks 1

In the grand scheme of things, absolutely there isn't much to be positive about our current predicament. The match tonight doesn't have any bearing on that. It's the owner, our spending, our strategy, philosophy etc.

I'd much rather we were in a position to go to the stain and put in an attractive attacking performance. Actually I'd rather we were in the league above and never having to play them at all. 

But the facts are we are where we are with the players we have. We had lost 4 in a row. Conceded 10 goals in the last 3 games. We were playing away from home against the 3rd placed side in the league who could go top with a win. 

So it was exactly the RESULT we needed. Hard earned point, clean sheet, away from home, against our enemy who at this moment in time are much better than us. We had a team half full of kids. That will have done them a world of good. 

Make no mistake, this was an unbelievable opportunity for them to avenge boxing day 1979. They didn't take it. 

So hopefully onwards and upwards for us now to build on that. Especially with Nando coming back into the fold after the break.

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

They are a top team in the division, look at the table. And we are missing 5 players who would definitely start if they were available, arguably 6 or 7.

It's really not a disgrace if you consider that

You could consider it a disgrace when some of those players are fit but are not be selected. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Comfortable holding my head high,being a fan of swfc ?,goes without saying fella,we've been outplayed tonight..................agreed,what was the result of us being outplayed........nil f-----g nil thats what,its hacked off mardiwilder,its hacked off dem blavdes fans,that'll do me.

To be fair, I do agree with you on this one. It’s our worse, their best, and we all know they will fall from grace. Especially when this is as good as it gets for them, the piggy oinkers. 

Onwards and upwards all, WAWAW!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carbone said:

I think you're blinded because it was against Sheffield United. If this was against Wolves last season, you'd have said it was a great result to stop the rot. You're down about it because it was against our biggest rivals. But at the end of the day, they are a top team in the division at the moment, and our best starting eleven at the moment would not look out of place in League One.

And come on, 4th/5th biggest league in the world? So you'd say The Championship is above one of the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1? 

I'm not saying it's not a good result- but the performance was so negative and we displayed such minimal quality that I can't take much encouragement from it moving forwards-.

Re the Championship- prertt sure its a fact its a bigger keague in terms of finan ice than Ligue 1 isn't it? My point being there are plenty of managers out there that would jump at the opportunity to manage at this level that could produce better than we're seeing at the moment.

Did Jos go.up in your estimations on the back of last night? Genuine question.

Delighted with a point that I didn’t expect but what a horrible attacking display. To think about how much money we’ve spent and we are putting in performances like that. I bet the pigs haven’t one player who is getting paid the same as any of our 5 ‘frozen out’ players. Wilder clearly has a plan for his team. Jos, on the other hand...

Guest Hillsborough Mole
9 hours ago, billyblack said:

If had tried and lost then what?? More slagging off, another game with no clean sheet, losing at the stain, Jos out, clueless etc etc....

Tell me where our attacking players are please?

There were 3 on the bench

5 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

There were 3 on the bench

Yes, lets expand on that.

Nuhiu who gets absolutely slated here on as a joke and useless.Now you want him, explain.

Joao, mister vert inconsistent, again gets pilloried on here .

Matias, just fit again and was brought on as a sub, could he have started? Who knows? Jos does. Do you know. Seriously doubt it

11 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

The top side in the league vs one with lower Champ/L1 players.

In the circs a draw was a good effort.  

Only real positive was the clean sheet.

We are still in a bad place though and a lot of work needs to be done.

Rebuild the squad is required, and that will take a while

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Yes, lets expand on that.

Nuhiu who gets absolutely slated here on as a joke and useless.Now you want him, explain.

Joao, mister vert inconsistent, again gets pilloried on here .

Matias, just fit again and was brought on as a sub, could he have started? Who knows? Jos does. Do you know. Seriously doubt it

So, all 3 attacking players and on our bench.

Thank you. Apology accepted.

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

So, all 3 attacking players and on our bench.

Thank you. Apology accepted.

Did they deserve to play after their performance against Norwich or just coming back from injury and not match fit? 

Would you have preferred an attacking line up and losing 5-0?

At least it would have shown the right "attitude" ? 

Having BDM avenged would be OK since we would have stuck to our principles? 

Or what evidence do you have that sticking with the same formula as the last 4 games would have had a different result? 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

No, please NO, NOT THE IGNORE LIST

Blind to the facts??

You: "Where were our attacking players?"

Me: "Nuhiu, Joao and Matias were on the bench"

You: Image result for crying gif