Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

Remember in Carlos first season when we lost at Burnley 3 - 1, the result was poor but he identified that the performance was a turning point and he was correct, it was. 

Tonight wasn't a turning point, we did not put in a performance which serves as a template for future games. Jos has failed to find a way to best utilise our players, some of which are high end championship players. 

10 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Is there? With our squad. I thought he played a blinder. By the end of the game utd looked like scoring as much as i did. We needed to stop the rot and what better place to do it. If we had opened up they would have scored

Then all the idiots on here would have been moaning at jos again, why dob hat, they werent going anywhere, we could have got a point etc etc... 

Plebs

We still had Joao, Matias, Bannon, Fletcher in the match day squad.

All attacking players on big wages.

Surely we can do better then playing like we are Bury away to Man U in the cup.

Not going to slag them off too much tonight but hope for more attacking threat in future games.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Nowt against Penney but I don't rate him that much as a midfielder/ winger. 

Another bizarre choice from Jos after he started so well as a left back.

Was it bizarre?..We got a point....Did you expect to win...Cos even some of the best Wednesday sides have got f.ook all at the Lane...

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Not going to slag them off too much tonight but hope for more attacking threat in future games.

Means nowt if the team you are playing are better than you...

If this result had been away at 'Boro..We would be extolling it...Its cos of the opposition the slatings are coming...

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Means nowt if the team you are playing are better than you...

If this result had been away at 'Boro..We would be extolling it...Its cos of the opposition the slatings are coming...

Most teams are better then Wednesday at the moment in this league, we cant use these tactics every week.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not mouthy at all. 

Matias, just back from injury, can he play 90 mins. Probably not. You know more than Jos though.

Joao, tearing up trees at the moment, fans on his back for being crap. You know best though.

Nuhiu, make me laugh.

Clown

Ah, so we're down to Jos knows best because he's the man in the job?

Ok, not much point in debating it then is there?

Matias and FF have been training fully for 2 weeks. You're brainwashed by this new, bizarre reasoning that players need to prove they're fitter than Daley Thompson before they can take to the field.

It's a joke- we have 2 players that can make something out of nothing. One has proved it several times this season (and last) yet is always the scapegoat because he doesn't do it every game and try things that don't always come off (Joao)

The other can't even make the bench- despite training fully for 2 weeks and only missing about 3 weeks football before that.

Wake up and smell the coffee- for whatever reason the manager is handicapping himself.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Fletch had a great game.

Bannan was off form but he plays week in, week out, he cant carry us every game.

Matias just back, probably cant handle a full game.

Joaoa juat gets slated every week and his first touch is awful. Just what we didnt need tonight. 

Point us our other options arent fit, hooper and lee are also clever players. Winnall would have been good for his energy tonight. We have a squad devoid of options. We arent a big club anymore, we have an ageing small squad with youngsters that need experience. Thats it. Pain beckons for a while yet

3 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

The negativity for me stems from the short term thinking of it all.

Like others have said we played the game like it was a cup tie. We played with the mentally of just getting out alive. They are a good side no doubt, but they aren’t Man City. They had weaknesses and we didn’t once look to exploit them. 

On the face of it 0-0 written on a piece of paper does look like a great result when you consider the form guide.

But, it wasn’t a 0-0 where the clean sheet is a building block. It was a 0-0 brought about by pure negativity with zero flow. There’s nothing I’ve seen tonight that we can transfer into the next game. It was a night of complete one offs. 

The other really disappointing thing is we were more more competitive in January when half the squad was out injured. How is that progress?

So would you rather we have gone more attacking and lost? 

How is the first clean sheet against a team at the top of the division away from home with 3 out of the back 6 from the academy not a building block?

We have just lost 4 in a row, you have to stop the rot somehow and it’s not going to be pretty. 

We obviously miss Matias and Forestieri because they have pace - you can’t just magic them out of thin air if they are injured. It’s what Carlos did and ended up crippling half the team.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Ah, so we're down to His k ow best because he's the man in the job?

Ok, not much point in debating it then is there?

Matias and FF have been training fully for 2 weeks. You're brainwashed by this new, bizarre reasoning that players need to prove they're fitter than Daley Thompson before they can take to the field.

It's a joke- we have 2 players that can make something out of nothing. One has proved it several times this season (and last) yet is always the scapegoat because he doesn't do it every game and try things that don't always come off (Joao)

The other can't even make the bench- despite training fully for 2 weeks and o my missing about 3 weeks football before that.

Wake up and smell the coffee- for whatever reason the manager is handicapping himself.

So what? Im sure he does know best, absolutely, everytime 100%. 

So what if FF has been training, what if he had got kicked pillar to post tonight and then be out for another 6 games, would that have worked?

Matias nearly got injured after 5 mins.

I dont have to smell anything, i go to bed and sleep soundly in the knowledge that he knows more than anyone on this forum.

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

So would you rather we have gone more attacking and lost? 

How is the first clean sheet against a team at the top of the division away from home with 3 out of the back 6 from the academy not a building block?

We have just lost 4 in a row, you have to stop the rot somehow and it’s not going to be pretty. 

We obviously miss Matias and Forestieri because they have pace - you can’t just magic them out of thin air if they are injured. It’s what Carlos did and ended up crippling half the team.

Because he’ll drop them against Derby or the game after that, let’s not kid ourselves. The last 17 games are proof he can’t stick with the same formation or personnel at the back for longer than 2 games. 

I would’ve rather us started the season with the mentality we played with tonight, instead of suddenly employing it because his job might be on the line. 

He keeps bleating on about us progressing but there’s zero consistency with his selections and tactics. So how can we progress when there’s clearly no defined method behind any of this. I’m sick of us floating from game to game it’s not building anything positive, it’s just reactive management. 

Like i said before we went there in January with fewer options and managed to find a good balance between putting bodies behind the ball but still carrying a threat. Even with 10 men we were better than tonight! He’s had 10months and has more players at his disposal, and he’s scraped the same result as before. That’s stagnation, not progression. 

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So what? Im sure he does know best, absolutely, everytime 100%. 

So what if FF has been training, what if he had got kicked pillar to post tonight and then be out for another 6 games, would that have worked?

Matias nearly got injured after 5 mins.

I dont have to smell anything, i go to bed and sleep soundly in the knowledge that he knows more than anyone on this forum.

Yeah, we don't want to be playing players that are FIT if they might get injured do we? I mean, where's the sense in that?

tonight was a night of damage limitation and nothing else rourk's drift comes to mind which is  not a great advert for football but a point is a point none the less  but that said i'm afraid a sticking plaster is not enough to get us out of the crap it's going to take a hell of a lot more than tonight's result  next time we might not be as lucky

• Thanks 1