Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not about being amazing. I doubt Rotherham will be that negative when they go there.

We might not be too 6 material but we have more ability than we showed today, 

Rotherham will get beat though.

I get it, we all get that we can't be that negative too often but tonight after 4 defeats conceding goals for fun it was a case of needs must. They are the first team to fail to score against us this season, I will take that for now.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm happy we went out not to lose it...Was winning an option?..no Hooper, No Forestieri?..Really was it?

So you go for the next best option..

We have not got the players available to go out and win it....Forget they were "Sheffield United"..and simply think they were "Top of the league"

US?..away from home against the "Top of the league"...Bit too shabby for you.?

I'm not enamoured about the way we are playing at the minute....but to look upon this result as owt bar positive..isn't sensible is it?

Christ. Winning wasn't an option?

Embarrassing.  Of course it was an option.

0-0 away from home against a team flying I is a good RESULT but there was nothing encouraging about the fact we we were completelt dominated, could have played all night and not scored, and couldn't string 3 passes together in the other half of the pitch.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was worth 1 point!

Got to agree on the selection though, unless he shows some consistency it won't make much difference in the long run and we can't play like that every game as we won't win any.

Exactly. 

Chances are whatever confidence that clean sheet has put into the likes of Fox and Thorniley, it will be smashed back out of them when they’re back on the bench against Derby.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not about being amazing. I doubt Rotherham will be that negative when they go there.

Have no idea how Rotherham will play, or any other team in the division. A lot will go there and get beat though.

What were people expecting? For Forestieri, Hooper and Lee to magically shrug off their injuries and batter them?

3 out of our back 5 are from our academy and kept a clean sheet against a side that score regularly in this division. 

People also need to get it out of their head that United aren’t a good team in this division. They’re proving again this year they are.

There’s plenty to paste Wednesday about, but I just don’t get those so negative about tonight.

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Like Ipswich?.

Yes!

He got Ipswich in the top half and more a few times on a fraction of our budget and look where they are now without him. Credit to the team for digging in tonight and doing a job but we can do better in the long run.

16 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

What is going on on here?

We’ve just lost 4 in a row, playing against our rivals who are riding high and score for fun, we’ve kept a clean sheet for the first time which is huge for our young keeper and other youngsters.

We aren’t a force in this division any more, and will not be until a clear out is done. People have to get it out of their heads that we are this amazing team in this division.

Surely nobody at all thinks we are amazing?

Yet we can expect better with the money spent?

We are a shambles on and definitely off the pitch

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not available we haven't...Us without Hooper, Forestieri, Hutchinson , Westwood , Lee..are a poorer side than Sheffield United...The table says that...and it might annoy the f.ook outta everyone cos it is..."Sheffield United"..wheras if it was f.ookin' Ipswich no f.ooker would give a t.oss..That changes nowt...

The team went down there tonight..into the teeth of it...Dawson, Baker, Thornily, penney...for the most part kids, in the grand scheme of things...and fought out a draw against one of the best teams in the league...and you can grit yer teeth as much as you want about The Blades being one of the best teams in the league, but the table and the statistics would make a mockery outta yer arguement and simply show the bias.

Does it make me want Jos to stay..I dunno, the jury is still out...Am I happier than I expected to be tonight...F.ook Yes...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Answer my question, where are our attacking players to go and win the game. Answer me. Dont deflect like some shithouse politician. 

Joao alongside Fletcher

Forestieri/Matias either side of Fletcher

Reach/Matias either side of Fletcher

Nuhiu/Joao

Fletcher/Nuhiu

Not effectively playing 2 left backs and effectively turning their right sided centre back into a right winger.

We have 5 fit forwards- 6 if you want to call Reach a forward. We didn't even try to find a man most of the time- which is kind of how you make your way up he field to make something hapoen, rather the  just waiting for it to come back.

There's your answer- jog on you mouthy bell end.

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

There’s plenty to paste Wednesday about, but I just don’t get those so negative about tonight.

The negativity for me stems from the short term thinking of it all.

Like others have said we played the game like it was a cup tie. We played with the mentally of just getting out alive. They are a good side no doubt, but they aren’t Man City. They had weaknesses and we didn’t once look to exploit them. 

On the face of it 0-0 written on a piece of paper does look like a great result when you consider the form guide.

But, it wasn’t a 0-0 where the clean sheet is a building block. It was a 0-0 brought about by pure negativity with zero flow. There’s nothing I’ve seen tonight that we can transfer into the next game. It was a night of complete one offs. 

The other really disappointing thing is we were more more competitive in January when half the squad was out injured. How is that progress?

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Joao alongside Fletcher

Nuhiu/Joao

Fletcher/Nuhiu

Not effectively playing 2 left backs and effectively turning their right sided centre back into a right winger.

We have 5 fit forwards- 6 if you want to call Reach a forward. We didn't even try to find a man most of the time- which is kind of how you make your way up he field to make something hapoen, rather the  just waiting for it to come back.

Forestieri wasn't available

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Joao alongside Fletcher

Nuhiu/Joao

Fletcher/Nuhiu

Not mouthy at all. 

Matias, just back from injury, can he play 90 mins. Probably not. You know more than Jos though.

Joao, tearing up trees at the moment, fans on his back for being crap. You know best though.

Nuhiu, make me laugh.

Clown