Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

That's not a clean sheet built on anything other than endeavour and a few slices of luck is it though?

Basically we chucked everyone behind the ball to try and get a clean sheet. We can't set up like that again, so where's the encouragement going forward?

Bit harsh that. The penalty save wasn't luck, they didn't miss great chances and Dawson didn't make great saves other than the penalty. We defended well. 

I expect more than that overall but going into the game tonight I didn't expect a clean sheet or a point so will take it without getting giddy about it.

That's not a clean sheet built on anything other than endeavour and a few slices of luck is it though?

Basically we chucked everyone behind the ball to try and get a clean sheet. We can't set up like that again, so where's the encouragement going forward?

IF??? we set up like that all season will people ne happy???? really no one can be that stupod.

We did well by playing everyone except Fletcher in our own defensive third, getting in the way of the ball and booting it out of play when we could. 

A point is welcome, but the performance poor, appalling in possession and zero attacking intent 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

So you're happy we went out and didn't try to win a game of football?

If he can't fathom a way of causing teams at least some sort of problem in their half of the pitch then he shouldn't be in any sort of job, certainly not one in the 4th/5th biggest league in the world.

I'm happy we went out not to lose it...Was winning an option?..no Hooper, No Forestieri?..Really was it?

So you go for the next best option..

We have not got the players available to go out and win it....Forget they were "Sheffield United"..and simply think they were "Top of the league"

US?..away from home against the "Top of the league"...Bit too shabby for you.?

I'm not enamoured about the way we are playing at the minute....but to look upon this result as owt bar positive..isn't sensible is it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

What is going on on here?

We’ve just lost 4 in a row, playing against our rivals who are riding high and score for fun, we’ve kept a clean sheet for the first time which is huge for our young keeper and other youngsters.

We aren’t a force in this division any more, and will not be until a clear out is done. People have to get it out of their heads that we are this amazing team in this division.

Not about being amazing. I doubt Rotherham will be that negative when they go there.

We might not be too 6 material but we have more ability than we showed today, 

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

He basically put 11 men on the line to gain said clean sheet. Hardly an inspiring clean sheet that we can build on.

Plus he’ll play a different defence next time out anyway so tonight’s performance was utterly pointless. 

It was worth 1 point!

Got to agree on the selection though, unless he shows some consistency it won't make much difference in the long run and we can't play like that every game as we won't win any.

If we're going to take one positive for me, we kept our first clean sheet at tbe Lane. They were a better team, working hard together, cohesion everything said they were the better side, including stats. But we battled hard, worked together and got a very improbable result.... For me jos needs to go back to a settled side and formation and go from there. 

Nothing to be positive about apart from Dawson and Hector. But hey the Blunts are in a worse position then us, ‘expecting to win the game, best team in Sheffield’ blah blah blah, but couldn’t break down a Wednesday side with 4 U23s in their first full season in the championship and a team leaking goals defensively!! Have faith, I know it’s a long shot but have faith!! 

16 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If had tried and lost then what?? More slagging off, another game with no clean sheet, losing at the stain, Jos out, clueless etc etc....

Tell me where our attacking players are please?

Fletcher, João, Reach,Bannan,Matias.

But when you play 6 at the back it makes doing anything but hanging on hard.

We have played some good stuff in the past games.We are capable.

There was no need to play like Barnsley at Barcelona.

Yes , I would have been far happier to have a go and lose.

We lost at home last season. But we put out a good team and had a go. Two errors cost us that game.

But we had a go,lost and I wasn't happy but far happier than I am now.

Edited by Eightace

Not about being amazing. I doubt Rotherham will be that negative when they go there.

We might not be too 6 material but we have more ability than we showed today, 

Boy!, I am really glad that you are not the manager/ Head coach of the team, other wise we would be relegated already.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Must be a happy medium between being gung ho and parking the bus surely?

Is there? With our squad. I thought he played a blinder. By the end of the game utd looked like scoring as much as i did. We needed to stop the rot and what better place to do it. If we had opened up they would have scored

Then all the idiots on here would have been moaning at jos again, why dob hat, they werent going anywhere, we could have got a point etc etc... 

Plebs