Not much to be positive about tonight I'm afraid

Can't deny I feel relieved that we avoided a beating and stopped the rot, but that was the performance of a side looking to get a replay in  a cup tie.

The reality is Jos didn't dare try and win the game. We used the ball woefully for the most part and we never looked like scoring. 

Forestieri simply HAS to come back into this side. That line up was never going to get in the front foot tonight. If we'd have been playing Barcelona tonight I don't think we could have been more defensive.

We will be relegated if we persist in playing a team with such little attacking threat. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Can't deny I feel relieved that we avoided a beating and stopped the rot, but that was the performance of a side looking to get a replay in  a cup tie.

The reality is Jos didn't dare try and win the game. We used the ball woefully for the most part and we never looked like scoring. 

Forestieri simply HAS to come back into this side. That line up was never going to get in the front foot tonight. If we'd have been playing Barcelona tonight I don't think we could have been more defensive.

We will be relegated if we persist in playing a team with such little attacking threat. 

If had tried and lost then what?? More slagging off, another game with no clean sheet, losing at the stain, Jos out, clueless etc etc....

Tell me where our attacking players are please?

What is going on on here?

We’ve just lost 4 in a row, playing against our rivals who are riding high and score for fun, we’ve kept a clean sheet for the first time which is huge for our young keeper and other youngsters.

We aren’t a force in this division any more, and will not be until a clear out is done. People have to get it out of their heads that we are this amazing team in this division.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So your dealt a shi* hand, what do you do to get the best out of it. Not a lot  unfortunately. So you are probably one of those that think big daft Mick or similar would get more out of this shower the manager as at his disposal. How do you know if FF is match fit. You dont so that aint an argument. We wernt playing Barcelona so that aint an argument. Shall I go on. Its got to the stage that whatever the manager does or tries to do isnt good enough. I hope DC keeps him and frustrates the likes of you for the rest of the season. The seasons gone now and consolidation is all we can ask. 

1 minute ago, CalmJimmers said:

What is going on on here?

We’ve just lost 4 in a row, playing against our rivals who are riding high and score for fun, we’ve kept a clean sheet for the first time which is huge for our young keeper and other youngsters.

We aren’t a force in this division any more, and will not be until a clear out is done. People have to get it out of their heads that we are this amazing team in this division.

Whats going on... people with IQ's in two digits, thats what. They need to stick to the shopping channels

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

If had tried and lost then what?? More slagging off, another game with no clean sheet, losing at the stain, Jos out, clueless etc etc....

So you're happy we went out and didn't try to win a game of football?

If he can't fathom a way of causing teams at least some sort of problem in their half of the pitch then he shouldn't be in any sort of job, certainly not one in the 4th/5th biggest league in the world.

• Thanks 1

So you're happy we went out and didn't try to win a game of football?

If he can't fathom a way of causing teams at least some sort of problem in their half of the pitch then he shouldn't be in any sort of job, certainly not one in the 4th/5th biggest league in the world.

Answer my question, where are our attacking players to go and win the game. Answer me. Dont deflect like some shithouse politician. 

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

In the long run I agree.

However, having lost 4 in row, conceded 12 in the process and not kept a clean sheet all season then that has to be a positive. The penalty save will do Dawson a lot of good and other than that even though they had all the ball, he didn't have to do anything above what would be classed as routine.

We have to offer more going forward but to get a clean sheet against our rivals who are free scoring at home and would have gone top of the league with a win is acceptable tonight.

The last two times we have played them we have gone into the games in a sorry state and they have smelt blood, looking to avenge the boxing day massacre with a proper beating. 

3 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

So your dealt a shi* hand, what do you do to get the best out of it. Not a lot  unfortunately. So you are probably one of those that think big daft Mick or similar would get more out of this shower the manager as at his disposal. How do you know if FF is match fit. You dont so that aint an argument. We wernt playing Barcelona so that aint an argument. Shall I go on. Its got to the stage that whatever the manager does or tries to do isnt good enough. I hope DC keeps him and frustrates the likes of you for the rest of the season. The seasons gone now and consolidation is all we can ask. 

Yes, please go on- because you're yet to make a valid point.

Battling performance that any dig in type manager would be proud of.  

Think we’re a little better than that though.  

We really are in a poor place.  

It’s either stick with JL and hope he can tune things round.  But for me a year on we’ve gone backwards. 

Not sure what the answer is but I don’t think it’s JL.  

Guest Manwithastick
5 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Lol. Lose that game and the simpletons would be out on force, top result stop trying to cry.

So edgy.

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

On the bench and unable for selection by our managers "discipline" :duntmatter: it's really serving us well so far????

Just now, DidOwl said:

Agree about the attacking, but the first clean sheet is just a bit encouraging surely....

That's not a clean sheet built on anything other than endeavour and a few slices of luck is it though?

Basically we chucked everyone behind the ball to try and get a clean sheet. We can't set up like that again, so where's the encouragement going forward?