Pelupessy

Christ 

Do some people actually understand football.

He does a job,and actually does it very well.

Shouldn't compare him to Hutch,2 totally different styles,one an accident waiting to happen,but a cult figure,other a  footballer who gets criticism every game because it's the Wednesday way to latch onto certain players to say there not good enough.

• Like 1

Hes a strange player is joey. Hes basically a midfield version of nuhiu, a player who seems like a good guy always gives his all for the club, who you always want to suceed but if your honest hes nowhere near the standard required.

Edited by trask43

1 hour ago, HootHoot said:

Was impressed with his performance tonight. Really did well to support the defence and put in some great challenges. 

Slowly becoming the kind of player we had in Hutch. Hopefully he keeps it up

Hardest tackler on the team tonight by a country mile. Actually thought he went TOO hard twice. Must admit I've had massive doubts recently and still not wholly convinced, but that was good to see.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Seriously?

I must have been watching a different game.

He tries, but he is so behind the pace its untrue. 

He is poor but a trier, like Semedo, JoC etc. 

Actually Semedo was better.

I totally agree with you that Semedo was better. He's a league 2 player imo. 

20 minutes ago, Slogboy said:

Disagree and as for Penney, he covered some reyt ground tonight.  Bannans pass rate was poor yet again

Bannan was trying flicks. Looked like a two-seater Bentley driver. Not what was required tonight.

He'll know it, though. He's an Owl now and he's not daft. Wasn't the game for him, but they're not all gonna be.

Christ, he runs the show for us 85% of the time. If it was literally 100% of the time we'd really have a problem.

9 minutes ago, WadsleyOwl said:

League One at best, awful footballer 

1 minute ago, BRADDO said:

I totally agree with you that Semedo was better. He's a league 2 player imo. 

If there was a League 3, on a long enough timeline *someone* would say it. Ridiculous.

He's not amazing. He's not sh*t. Calm dowwwwwwwwn.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

If there was a League 3, on a long enough timeline *someone* would say it. Ridiculous.

He's not amazing. He's not sh*t. Calm dowwwwwwwwn.

It's my opinion. He's very ordinary. Rare plays a forward pass even whe give time to the do so, gets the wrong side of his opponent frequently. Just, poor. 

5 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

I'd rather have him in the trenches alongside me than any of you lot.

I think this is increasingly where I've been going with my whole 'they did well tonight' thing. Didn't want to mention trenches 'cos of the poppy thing lol, but yeah exactly.

This whole chucking a wobbler when the chips are down business is lame as hell, as far as I can see. There IS a good argument for looking for positives under duress. Wouldn't want my squadron doing any of that business if I was already feeling gloomy about our prospects.

But ack, football. It is what it is.

What is it? I'm confused. :duntmatter:

Edited by Mr. Tom

36 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Did well considering what he was up against. With very little help from Bannan who was woeful tonight.

Exactly, it was him versus their 3 in the middle of the park tonight

3 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

I think this is increasingly where I've been going with my whole 'they did well tonight' thing. Didn't want to mention trenches 'cos of the poppy thing lol, but yeah exactly.

This whole chucking a wobbler when the chips are down business is lame as hell, as far as I can see. There IS a good argument for looking for positives under duress. Wouldn't want my squadron doing any of that business if I was already feeling gloomy about our prospects.

But ack, football. It is what it is.

What is it? I'm confused. :duntmatter:

I've drunk far too much wine tonight to either understand or explain, but I know that I'm quite proud of the lads after that stoical performance. Or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1