David Jones....did i hear correctly ?

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Interesting to hear Brown reveal the truth behind Westwoods axeing as well.

What worries me is who sanctioned the contracts in the first place, that we now longer want to honour ?

what did he say?

When I heard the comments re Jones and Westwood I was surprised. When you consider we sold Hunt to help us to conform with profit and sustainability it makes little sense. In particular I think every fan knew Jones was unlikely to be a mainstay this season and with him being in last year of contract it would have been idiotic to refuse any offer.

His level of knowledge regarding Wednesday was poor regarding players who are currently absent and he definitely had an agenda for the evening which we frustrated particularly well. 

thought Brown was fair in some of comments after game. He has picked up on fact United can not sustain high tempo for 90 minutes and in second half are vulnerable if they have not got in front by half time. 

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

what did he say?

Basically repeating speculation but because it was said by a former pro on Sky then it has to be true

F*ck me, our fans

10 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If indeed it is true it’s just more evidence we have an owner that knows next to nothing about running a successful football club. Should have snapped up any bids to get him off the wage bill. 

we didn't get bids. they're trying to create a scene where we can afford to turn bids down, so folks don't think there's a fire sale and we attract better prices, hopefully.

11 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Did the commentator really say we turned down a bid during the summer ?….SERIOUSLY ??

So we thought it a better plan to pay him , I am guessing 15 - 20 K a week , to let him train with the U23,s ??

jones is on 25k a week on a 3 year deal . of course nobody came in for jones that's a joke ,only someone on drugs and blindfolded would sign jones and pay his wages. 

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

When I heard the comments re Jones and Westwood I was surprised. When you consider we sold Hunt to help us to conform with profit and sustainability it makes little sense. In particular I think every fan knew Jones was unlikely to be a mainstay this season and with him being in last year of contract it would have been idiotic to refuse any offer.

His level of knowledge regarding Wednesday was poor regarding players who are currently absent and he definitely had an agenda for the evening which we frustrated particularly well. 

thought Brown was fair in some of comments after game. He has picked up on fact United can not sustain high tempo for 90 minutes and in second half are vulnerable if they have not got in front by half time. 

we can't play the way we did without pace up top.

3 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we can't play the way we did without pace up top.

I would agree that its essential in this formation.

I think we do not have centre halves or midfield to play in a more expansive way. The manager has tried numerous combinations and none work. It is what he used when he first came to the club, to stiffen defence. I think we struggle defensively as we have a lack of pace, strength and energy in middle of pitch. In other words we are easy to run at. Only JP can tackle but he is not the quickest and to do his job effectively he has to be locked in position in front of centre halves. As none of them are rapid (actually all slow) we have to play 3 of them to be secure to fill all gaps. Fox is decent in air and think we played him for this reason as we look vulnerable to crosses. Unfortunately if we want to get results (stay secure at back) I think playing all out defence is the only way.

If £1.6m was deemed an acceptable offer for Jack Hunt, first choice right back with no obvious successor within the squad (to perform at the level required week in week out in the Championship) then I would assume that the offers made for KW and DJ were truly derisory and Mr Chansiri wasn't up for having his pants down for either. We can only speculate on what those offers may have been, and will never know if with hindsight Mr Chansiri may have made a different decision. Maybe he'll have learnt something from it and will make a different decision when he undoubtedly gets the chance to reconsider for either player, or any other players in the squad, in January.   

1 hour ago, Quist said:

I would agree that its essential in this formation.

I think we do not have centre halves or midfield to play in a more expansive way. The manager has tried numerous combinations and none work. It is what he used when he first came to the club, to stiffen defence. I think we struggle defensively as we have a lack of pace, strength and energy in middle of pitch. In other words we are easy to run at. Only JP can tackle but he is not the quickest and to do his job effectively he has to be locked in position in front of centre halves. As none of them are rapid (actually all slow) we have to play 3 of them to be secure to fill all gaps. Fox is decent in air and think we played him for this reason as we look vulnerable to crosses. Unfortunately if we want to get results (stay secure at back) I think playing all out defence is the only way.

i agree.

the best solution with the 'bits and pieces' we've assembled is a 'solid defence' and swift counter, but at present we don't have a swift counter.

the players accrued by the club were to suit one style only, that being slow build up 'tiptap' now when people get among it, it struggles.

we will benefit from keeping it a narrow game defensively, and only need to widen the game once we attack (if we have a quality wingman) and two pacy forwards. 

our 'bits and pieces' fit so badly, it's like trying to mend a ming vase with gorilla tape.

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Got to love some on here, absolutely no evidence of any bids but still lets use it as a stick to beat the club with.

Morons.

the thing is with online sites such as 'owlstalk', you may be reading or conversing with an 8 year old, or just someone with the brains of an 8 year old.