Embarrassed

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Are we any more mediocre than Leeds were last year under Heckingbottom? 

Since July, Leeds have spent an estimated £14m on new players plus 4 loanees from the top 3 teams in the country.

You reckon we'll be doing something like that anytime soon?

5 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Are we any more mediocre than Leeds were last year under Heckingbottom? How do you explain what Bielsa has done there?

They sold a few  and bought a few and he had portakabins delivered to the training ground so they could rest/sleep inbetween their morning training session and their afternoon/early evening training session.

It seems we're struggling to get some of ours in once a day and that they claim sickness and injury yet still want picking.

Judge Jos when he's had the same chance to sell a few and buy a few and support the ones he chooses based on what he sees day to day.

He's achieved far more than Wilder in the game generally  and in this division so far, the same i.e sweet fuckall.  Remember "nearlys" don't count (i.e. the two play-off appearances) if you don't actually get promoted although funny enough, Chrissy mentioned them tonight when he called us powerful.

9 hours ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Pig alert 

Ger over ya Sen. I bleed blue & white.

Anyone who can't see what Sheffield Wednesday has become is deluded though. Celebrating a point at our rivals after one of the most inept displays of attacking football I've seen. Is that really what it's come to?

If it takes a local derby to show a bit of fight and spirit we're f*cked. 46 games a season. That should be a given but is irrelevant if there's no quality. Which there isn't. Players know that.

A laughing stock amongst our local rivals. Look at United & Leeds flying and Huddersfield in the prem. Forest & Derby playing decent stuff and on the up too. As for the rest of football we are an irrelevance.

Our football club is dying a slow death.

The guy who says were not Rotherham or Doncaster is right but that's where we're heading. 

• Haha 1

The pigs have proved, you don’t need money, they are competitive, innovative, and entertaining All this stems from the coach, and while its true Jos hasn’t been here as long, you would expect him to be a little further down the line To me, I see little difference from the way we played, when he first took over Statistically, we create the second least chances in the leagu, and that’s shameful when we have the likes of Bannan, Reach and Forestieri, to call upon. 

Understand the OPs and would agree with the main point being made.

I was delighted with a point but certainly wouldn’t have been celebrating like we’d clinched a playoff spot or something.

A big cheesy grin at all those inbreds and a hearty round of applause for those in blue and white who continually put their bodies on the line (or on the bus in front of goal) would have been quite sufficient for me.

Edited by pj owl

I see that game for what it was. It was billed as their chance to avenge the BDM. It's over, they didn't, we move on unscathed. In a couple of weeks, the performance will be forgotten and the scoreline will enter the annuls of Sheffield derby history as 0-0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have to ask the question, have we progressed since Jos's first game in charge? Same result, same defensive outlook and same sighs of relief because we weren't beaten badly. All in all I think we have stood still. United have, however, progressed from last January. Last night they were much better than us, last January not so when  indeed they failed to beat a team down to ten men for thirty minutes or so. Could be a long hard winter.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

11 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wish I was more articulate so I could explain my emotions right now. But I’m embarrassed. 

At kick off I’d have taken a 0-0 for sure as I thought we’d get smashed. 

But it on full time fans around me were punching the air and hugging. Hang on. We’re not Rotherham. We’re not Chesterfield. We’re not Doncaster. We’re not Sheffield United. 

We’re the oldest, best supported and most successful team in Sheffield and we played for a nil-nil and then celebrated when we got one. 

We didn’t try to attack and we only brought on one sub who could make a difference.

Should we accept this? Shoukd we celebrate this?

Good enough for me, the blunts must be more disappointed. They've never had a better opportunity to avenge the BDM and give us a big thrashing they so badly want ... and they blew it. You have to wonder why someone would say anything else.

Image may contain: 1 person

48 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You have to ask the question, have we progressed since Jos's first game in charge? Same result, same defensive outlook and same sighs of relief because we weren't beaten badly. All in all I think we have stood still. United have, however, progressed from last January. Last night they were much better than us, last January not so when  indeed they failed to beat a team down to ten men for thirty minutes or so. Could be a long hard winter.

I didn't think United were that great. 

They "dominated" in part because how defensive we were. 

We clearly set up to grind out a point/steal a winner. 

Despite all their "dominance" and despite Wilder grunting on and on, they failed to create any clear-cut chances outside of a penalty. 

I should also highlight how United aren’t all that either.

People are talking like we were away at Barcelona last night but they ran out of ideas completely after about 60mins and I wish we could have pounced then.

Wilder’s reaction focussing on wage bills and moaning about tactics (if you’re favourites you should be able to break down an opposition) was so petty and smacking of a small club mentality too. No wonder we’ve both been in the doldrums for so long. 

4 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wow. I’ve got a lot of stick for this. I just can’t believe so many have such low expectations for their football club. Particularly when they support a side who are meant to be MASSIVE. 

If if you have a small club mentality you’ll become a small club. 

i don't see how the fans judge the  side  as any bearing on what size the club is …...the club is what it is whether it as a good side or not . 

5 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wow. I’ve got a lot of stick for this. I just can’t believe so many have such low expectations for their football club. Particularly when they support a side who are meant to be MASSIVE. 

If if you have a small club mentality you’ll become a small club. 

Context is everything.

We have won 1 trophy in 83 years and been out of the top division for 33 of the last 48 years (you can soon add another one to that). For long stretches of that period we have been heavily in debt and even appeared at the High Court as a consequence. Almost all of the managers in that time have eventually been sacked as they were unable to sustain a long run of success, even if they made a good start. Our players have barely featured as members of major international teams.

It seems to me that you have unrealistic expectations of what our 'level' actually is and berating supporters for not sharing these fantasies does not change the situation. Does that mean I'm happy at where we are? Of course not. I remember us still being mathematically involved in the biggest domestic prize of all with only 2 games of the season left. But stamping your feet and shouting at everybody is a waste of energy.

Our level up until a few years ago was a Championship/League One yoyo club...it was only in the last few seasons that we came remotely close to promotion to the Prem.

Unfortunately, due to poor management and the wasting of sizeable resources, we may well be returning to that...unless something changes quite drastically in the next few months.

Needless to say, I'm not embarrassed or ashamed by that performance last night. In an ideal world, we are giving them a good pasting with an even better side than that of the play off teams.

As it is, we have a cobbled together team of senior pros and kids with nearly all star names injured and/or deemed surplus to requirements. Considering that, I'm quite content to see us grind out a decent point against those scrotebags.

3 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

United have, however, progressed from last January. Last night they were much better than us, last January not so when  indeed they failed to beat a team down to ten men for thirty minutes or so. Could be a long hard winter.

Your right there,  they have progressed since then.

Wilder has been able to bring in 15 permanent players since that match +3 loan players whilst shipping out some dead wood.

Our manager has been able to sign one player since that and had brought in 2 loan signings.

Funny how they've progressed and we seem to have a similar standard. 

• Thanks 1