Embarrassed

1 minute ago, Slogboy said:

Wow, just wow. 

We've just had our first clean sheet and still people are criticising  Get a grip

You might as well give up mate, I've been trying for three hours and I'm just going to stop now, enjoy this whisky and look forward to a weekend where I don't have to murder any passersby in a fit of white-hot shame

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

Just now, Slogboy said:

Some so called fans that think they could do better - that's embarrassing.

Get behind the team , they've just had their 1st clean sheet against a very good United side.

Enjoy your whisky

Thiiiiis!

Also, mmmmm whisky. Have a good weekend mate.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It was shameful how a Wednesday manager sent out a team not to try and win a Sheffield Derby. 

Utterly shameful. 

do you really think they didn't  try to win ?........all 11 looked like they were busting a gut out there tonight .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

do you really think they didn't  try to win ?........all 11 looked like they were busting a gut out there tonight .

Literally impossible to argue with this and sound remotely sane. They went hard. Wasn't pretty, but a shift and a half.

• Like 1

I feel the reason people were saying we would take a point (including me) was because we know the predicament the staff have put us in. With a manager so clearly clueless in how to utilise his assets like Jos is then we know how bad we have looked previously so it's understandable because we have no control over it. In my eyes I would never want to see my team play for a point.

The fact of the matter is we still have a large amount of players at the club that took us to a play off final and a play off semi final. Granted a fair few of them are injured but some are being wasted on the sidelines and some still have able replacements. 

United are a prime example in this league that suggest you don't have to have the best individual players in the league to succeed in it. The margins between the teams at the top and the bottom are very small mainly. We have played a team in West Bromwich who in paper have a team far more capable than ours, where we should have taken a deserved 3 points with our best player (Bannan) missing. Clearly showing it's not all about the individual players it's how you set your team up tactically and the mind set you give them.

I've largely had a lot of sympathy for Jos with the injuries he's had to deal with but I've totally lost it with him now. To be a good manager you have to make the best of what you have. 

1) He has Hutchinson not even in the squad. I understand that he is injury prone but he is the best defensive midfielder at the club so if he can't train properly every week but is still able to play on a weekend the manager should be able to manage this. Plenty of players have done this in the past and part of being a manager is being able to 'manage' these situations and make the best out of.it and make use of the player to the best of your ability. 

2) Penney has come into the team at left back or left wing back and done really well. So Jos thinks it's a good idea to move him into midfield where he looks half as good a player.

3) Reach - biggest asset yo his game is his engine. Jos plays him in a position which doesn't allow him to do as much running regularly.

4) Regularly picking Nuhiu who has been at this football club for 4 and a half years and has had two good months. 

I could go on with the list but it's late and I'm tired! 

Jos needs to go asap. 

I'm also convinced after tonight's interview that Wilder posts on here and have a shortlist of 3.  :laugh:

I have been getting texts all day from them mouthyfuckers and my not being back for the game was because we were going to get a hiding.  I thought we wouldn't and actually called the 0-0. 

As a human being I simply cannot begrudge Wilder's win at our place last year on the weekend of his 50th birthday and he must have absolutely loved it but unless he and their club lose their mindset of us being more important than anything then they won't ever progress.  He actually bottled it at 2-0 that day and their sitting back with h/t in site let us back in, nearly saw them punished but we gave the momentum straight back and the rest is history.

He set the whole thing up for our drubbing in the return fixture and they failed against our reserves down to 10 men for the last half hour.  Jos won that night too in his first game in charge.

He dropped players and points with this game in mind last week whilst pushing for the automatic places and surely Forest is a harder game than us at the minute unless us means more than anything.

Jos tonight and following recent weeks did what he had to do to get the team and the fans back to same basics and to restore some fight, togetherness, pride and belief under severe pressure.

They've now just taken 1 from 6 and we've just shown everyone, after all the fanfares beforehand and during, that they can be frustrated, lack quality up front and have only a Plan A which requires loads of energy and fitness from a relatively smallish group of players.

If Jos is still in charge when they come to our place we will beat them if Wilder is still their boss too but it could quite easily be a game with 2 different bosses as I think he'll jump on the current wave of praise around him if their form starts to falter and he doesn't get true backing in January.

All of our players won or drew their individual battles tonight where and when  it mattered and their pressure never felt as dangerous as it perhaps should have.

They won't and can't claim to be unlucky and judging by the texts I have received so far we were far more resilient than they thought and we have frustrated thefuck out of them.

Anyway, I'm rambling but my point is they aren't as good as some make out and we aren't as bad as some make out and I'm very happy for those who played and got stuck in tonight and particularly those who've been struggling or under pressure.  

I am happy for Jos too and for those that went and left without the taunts of being beaten never mind trounced.  

I'm happy for others like myself who enjoyed that game, performance and result for what it was in the context of what just went before it and I feel genuine pity for those who couldn't feel or experience any of that because they are blinded by anger, bitterness or some other negative issue which doesn't allow them to do so.

I'm not celebrating but I'm smirking.

I'm not shouting from the rooftops but in no way am I embarrassed about that game tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I'm also convinced after tonight's interview that Wilder posts on here and have a shortlist of 3.  :laugh:

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

As a human being I simply cannot begrudge Wilder's win at our place last year on the weekend of his 50th birthday and he must have absolutely loved it

Wait on. HOLD THE GODDAMN PHONE.

Just one more thing, @sonofbert2.... :ghoulguy:

mr4JUU.gif

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1

Just now, nilsson said:

Exactly. We’re paying more £s to players that don’t even play than they are to anyone in their squad. Unbelievable mismanagement

I'm lost fella,you were likening the wages of westwood,hutch,abdi,jones and boyd to being outplayed...................where or what is the point if none of those players played ?

2 minutes ago, nilsson said:

It is embarrassing that Westwood, Hutch, Abdi, Jones and Boyd are probably on more £s a week than anyone in their squad.

How can we be paying out so much more in £s and get outplayed like that 

You might be right actually because Westwood would definitely have saved that penalty - oops hang on!

Last time Abdi played Warnock was their boss.

Boyd has really shown tons of fight and determination since he got here.

Jones would have outshone Joey's more than decent and determined display.

Oh and Hutch is excellent at keeping his discipline and not diving in under pressure.

We can't not pay them but that doesn't mean we have to play them.

Go and watch Wilder's interview for the 40 grand a week bit and see if he's smiling as he says it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

I'm lost fella,you were likening the wages of westwood,hutch,abdi,jones and boyd to being outplayed...................where or what is the point if none of those players played ?

What are you lost about? We have 5 players in our squad that are all available who are all earning more £s in a week than anyone in their squad and none of them play.

Is there a player in their squad earning as much a week as any of the 5 we’re not playing?

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

What are you lost about? We have 5 players in our squad that are all available who are all earning more £s in a week than anyone in their squad and none of them play.

Is there a player in their squad earning as much a week as any of the 5 we’re not playing?

I'm walkin into summat here aren't i,you're settin me up for some tom foolery or summat aren't ya ?