Embarrassed

If you've have taken 0-0 before the game then you've nothing to complain about have you? The reality is this is where we are, a mid table side who needs to dig in away from home in games like that. Let's get it right United have been good this season, particularly at home. It's a good point.

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Exactly. I didn't hug, high five or punch the air either, but I also didn't feel 'embarrassed'. You seem to have got a thing about 'big clubs'. The last 18 years can't be ignored, we don't have a right to call ourselves one anymore I'm afraid. The comment about trophies was ridiculous in all honesty.

Yea youre spot on..weve had to learn a lot about ourselves since we were relegated from the prem.

6 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I had this debate with a Man Utd fan the other day (actually from Salford and a season ticket holder) I was perplexed as to why Man U fans would support Mourinho. Why would fans of the most famous club in the world applaud a manager who’d sell their birth right to great football down the river and back a manger whose first instinct is always reactive and to counter to opposition when your MAN U-BLEEDING-UNITED. 

I still can’t understand and seems on a smaller level our fans are the same. 

I’d rather a manager who’d never take a step back in a fight. Honestly. 

Seems to be a norm amongst many Wednesday fans, it has been for years, that we are soft and willing to roll over and have the bellies tickled whisky accepting cr@p. 

Despite the clean sheet and point I still think that "performance" was awful, there was no desire to even attempt at hustling the pigs, we showed them far too much respect. It's like when we drew at Huddersfield in the playoffs and many spouted off as it was some kind of defensive masterclass, that negative approach ended up costing us, I fear the way this team is performing and the tactics will cost us this season. 

Despite not having a best 11 out there tonight I'm sorry but you need to at least have a go, your telling me them players tonight aren't capable of some sort of possession and attacking football? 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Give over, we are in an absolute state, kids low on confidence, and we've gone away to Real United and kept a clean sheet. Don't be deluded they are a far better side than us currently, this is a great point. 

It's a great result, the best we could have hoped for, but Jos has to to start taking the game to teams. I saw moments of that, but on the whole I saw an amazing defensive permance and a Keeper who has put the Westwood question to bed with two penalty saves in two games.

However, Jos is going to have to come up with a plan for the home game which sees us taking the game to the opposition for the majority of the games.

It was a victory, but it's nothing to be proud of for the second game on the spin at BL. We still have players in that team who other teams can't afford so defending for dear life for eighty minutes isn't what we and Mr C have paid our money for.

we got pulverised by a far better side and didn't fold and they eventually ran out of steam and ideas ….it's alright saying we showed no attacking intent but that's not easy to do when you hardly have the ball and all 11 are defending for there lives  ….. . ….dem blades thought we just roll over and they'd walk all over us so I can understand why our lot were delighted at the end …...

• Thanks 2

I’m afraid making the excuse about not having the players to play a more ambitious game, is just throw. Look at their side, some good players, but generally their players are no better than ours. The difference, is purely down to way the sides are encouraged to play.

Jos knows the score. His prematch interviews weren't over dramatic. He's got a huge job on his hands this season, managing the FFP situation, having 10 players into last 6 months of contract, key players injured or frozen out and having to use squad and academy players in first 11.

I applaud our resolve tonight. Its a point towards Staying up. We need 35pts by mid January, then sell Reach, Bannan, Foristieri, get the books back into the black, and stumble over the line in May. 2019/20 season we add some youngsters like Derby and Norwich have done on loan. Them, plus more experienced loanees and we might be able to push on again. 

I'm not embarrassed in the slightest.

The Boxing Day Massacre revenge is something that doesn't get mentioned a lot but it always crosses my mind and you can bet it crosses the minds of the scrubbers. This was probably their best chance to do it  and apart from a pen and a comfortable save from Fleck early what has Dawson had to do? They're gutted but will try and laugh it off as another 0-0 win for us. Well, I tell you what they can pretend it doesn't hurt all want, they're f**king gutted tonight.

lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If you've have taken 0-0 before the game then you've nothing to complain about have you? The reality is this is where we are, a mid table side who needs to dig in away from home in games like that. Let's get it right United have been good this season, particularly at home. It's a good point.

There’s a world of difference between accepting and celebrating with high fives and hugs etc. 

Sheffield Wednesday should prefer a defeat to taking a step backwards. One day we’ll have a manager with that attitude and consequently we’ll back in the PL. 

We started 7 defenders today. 

Edited by beloved_aunt

We've had some tough games in the last 6 weeks or so.

Leeds, WBA, Boro, Norwich and Utd have all played us with the hope of going top of the Championship.

No, we didn't play the sparkling passing football that we played for two years under Carlos but....

We kept a clean sheet for the first time this season.

Dawson played well.

Apart from the pen they had few chances.

Let's take the positives.  Not many teams will get a clean sheet at the Lane.  Good point.  On to next game. 

3 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

There’s a world of difference between accepting and celebrating with high fives and hugs etc. 

Sheffield Wednesday should prefer a defeat to taking a step backwards. One day we’ll have a manager with that attitude and consequently we’ll back in the PL. 

They've just lost four games in a row. They've been under a hell of a lot of pressure in the last week. They'd probably have expected to get beat. I think they're allowed the odd high five after that.

10 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

if we'd have gone toe to toe with them  you'd have got your preference  of being defeated …..any derby the first thing you do is make sure you don't get beat, think most of us will take a hanging on 0-0 over a glorious 4-3 defeat .  

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wish I was more articulate so I could explain my emotions right now. But I’m embarrassed. 

At kick off I’d have taken a 0-0 for sure as I thought we’d get smashed. 

But it on full time fans around me were punching the air and hugging. Hang on. We’re not Rotherham. We’re not Chesterfield. We’re not Doncaster. We’re not Sheffield United. 

We’re the oldest, best supported and most successful team in Sheffield and we played for a nil-nil and then celebrated when we got one. 

We didn’t try to attack and we only brought on one sub who could make a difference.

Should we accept this? Shoukd we celebrate this?

It was shameful how a Wednesday manager sent out a team not to try and win a Sheffield Derby. 

Utterly shameful. 

2 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wish I was more articulate so I could explain my emotions right now. But I’m embarrassed. 

At kick off I’d have taken a 0-0 for sure as I thought we’d get smashed. 

But it on full time fans around me were punching the air and hugging. Hang on. We’re not Rotherham. We’re not Chesterfield. We’re not Doncaster. We’re not Sheffield United. 

We’re the oldest, best supported and most successful team in Sheffield and we played for a nil-nil and then celebrated when we got one. 

We didn’t try to attack and we only brought on one sub who could make a difference.

Should we accept this? Shoukd we celebrate this?

It was horrific to watch 

that’s what a lower league side do when they play a premier league side and that’s exactly what it looked like 

They are a very fluid team and completely footballed us to death 

the hoof ball and route one was horrendous to watch 

The gulf in class tonight was frightening 

Wednesday looked like they were terrified and were completely abysmal when they had the ball 

I know I’ll get some down votes for this and for that I apologise but I can’t celebrate that, it was nothing short of dreadful 

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Give over, we are in an absolute state, kids low on confidence, and we've gone away to Real United and kept a clean sheet. Don't be deluded they are a far better side than us currently, this is a great point. 

Moreover, dismal as it was *in the grander scheme of things*, it's potentially massive for our badly faltering season.

It's poo on toast, but at least there's toast this week. That gives me reason enough to think someone's had a word with the caterers, and we might actually have a bit of the poo scraped off next week.

If it'd been double poo and NO toast, I'd be more concerned.

But hey, toast! Everyone likes toast.

Don't @ me if you don't like toast, IDGAF

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Haha 1