Embarrassed

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

Why did you get into football? Why do you support SWFC? Is it because you love watching a team string 7 defenders across the box in a low block formation?

Or is it because you admire a bit of swagger and think Wednesday should always attack?

All that goes out of the window in a derby doesn't it? You seem to be looking at this as any other game. If this had been against another side I'd agree with you. But the recent form and the importance of the derby is all about getting something from the game for me. Like it or not, they are currently a far better side than us.

37 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Wish I was more articulate so I could explain my emotions right now. But I’m embarrassed. 

At kick off I’d have taken a 0-0 for sure as I thought we’d get smashed. 

But it on full time fans around me were punching the air and hugging. Hang on. We’re not Rotherham. We’re not Chesterfield. We’re not Doncaster. We’re not Sheffield United. 

We’re the oldest, best supported and most successful team in Sheffield and we played for a nil-nil and then celebrated when we got one. 

We didn’t try to attack and we only brought on one sub who could make a difference.

Should we accept this? Shoukd we celebrate this?

Go and slit your wrists like a hundred others on here tonight you set of drama queens. You are more pathetic than listening to that throw*r Wilder and that takes some beating. Just looking through these posts and you have the cheek to call yourselves Wednesdayites. 

They were expecting to hammer us, Sky were expecting them to hammer us, the bookies were expecting them to hammer us and a vocal crowd on here have been expecting the same.

The main basis for the theory was our inability to keep a clean sheet and the lack of fight and togetherness in contrast to their pashun.

We went there to do a job and we delivered and again, like last time, could have nicked it.  The celebration after Dawson saved the penalty showed everyone all you need to know re. how together the players being picked are in contrast to snidey threads started by our own so called supporters just minutes before kick off.

Wilder's face following that of Billy's showed you who the winners were tonight and for all their possesion they had a dodgy penalty and not much else to show in terms of clearcut chances.

It could be argued that Fox had and missed a better opportunity and Matias wasn't far from giving us the perfect evening.

We are powerful - Chris said so but he wasn't delighted and they dominated at arms length whilst we defended and got stuck in all night like fuckingwarriors.

I will go to bed smiling.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Maybe he was born an Owl, not made.

No one was born more of an owl than me. My Dad, his dad, all my brothers, sisters and cousins. My auntie and uncle. All Owls and I never had a choice. But I was told it was important because we’re the biggest club in Sheffield and I won’t just give that up and accept an underdog status. 

Sheff U define themselves by derbies. We define ourselves by trophies. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They were expecting to hammer us, Sky were expecting them to hammer us, the bookies were expecting them to hammer us and a vocal crowd on here have been expecting the same.

The main basis for the theory was our inability to keep a clean sheet and the lack of fight and togetherness in contrast to their pashun.

We went there to do a job and we delivered and again, like last time, could have nicked it.  The celebration after Dawson saved the penalty showed everyone all you need to know re. how together the players being picked are in contrast to snidey threads started by our own so called supporters just minutes before kick off.

Wilder's face following that of Billy's showed you who the winners were tonight and for all their possesion they had a dodgy penalty and not much else to show in terms of clearcut chances.

It could be argued that Fox had and missed a better opportunity and Matias wasn't far from giving us the perfect evening.

We are powerful - Chris said so but he wasn't delighted and they dominated at arms length whilst we defended and got stuck in all night like fuckingwarriors.

Spot on. I honestly thought this would be the general consensus on here tonight, amazed at all the negativity.

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

No one was born more of an owl than me. My Dad, his dad, all my brothers, sisters and cousins. My auntie and uncle. All Owls and I never had a choice. But I was told it was important because we’re the biggest club in Sheffield and I won’t just give that up and accept an underdog status. 

Sheff U define themselves by derbies. We define ourselves by trophies. 

I guess we should all endeavour to think more like you then.

• Haha 1

Relieved with a point in the context of what’s been going on but it’s hard to be overly pleased, thought we’d be in with a tough time particularly the first 30 mins. If you get through that then anything can happen. Had we conceded a pen or early on we would’ve been facing a nasty defeat. So the gamble paid off, but...

Even last season we parked the bus and managed to make some decent chances to score. How many half chances did we make tonight? We’ve been playing this disjointed way for a while and it’s been masked from wonder Strikes by Reach. If a team pressures us we cannot keep the ball.

I imagine Joao didn’t play as he isn’t fond of tracking back, but I think these games bring the best out of him and it’s a shame we didn’t see him at all on the counter attack. 

Edited by Bluesteel

36 minutes ago, sheffix said:

Nope, not least bit embarrassed.

Relieved maybe.

Glad we got a point.

Glad they have to come to our place now without having beaten us.

Chuffed to see Wilder really annoyed they didn't win but pretending it was all about the performance and he wouldn't want to be in our dressing room and his players aren't on 40 grand a week and he really was very, very happy which we all know he wasn't. That was good to see.

Happy for those who went and were singing at the end. 

WAWAW

Didn’t he ask something about where did the spending get us? To the playoffs twice would be the answer. He’s not done that yet for all his piggy bank rattling 

I had this debate with a Man Utd fan the other day (actually from Salford and a season ticket holder) I was perplexed as to why Man U fans would support Mourinho. Why would fans of the most famous club in the world applaud a manager who’d sell their birth right to great football down the river and back a manger whose first instinct is always reactive and to counter to opposition when your MAN U-BLEEDING-UNITED. 

I still can’t understand and seems on a smaller level our fans are the same. 

I’d rather a manager who’d never take a step back in a fight. Honestly. 

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Relieved with a point in the context of what’s been going on but it’s hard to be overly pleased, thought we’d be in with a tough time particularly the first 30 mins. If you get through that then anything can happen. Had we conceded a pen or early on we would’ve been facing a nasty defeat. So the gamble paid off, but...

Even last season we parked the bus and managed to make some decent chances to score. How many half chances did we make tonight? We’ve been playing this disjointed way for a while and it’s been masked from wonder Strikes by Reach. If a team pressures us we cannot keep the ball.

I imagine Joao didn’t play as he isn’t fond of tracking back, but I think these games bring the best out of him and it’s a shame we didn’t see him at all on the counter attack. 

Still don’t think people are getting my point. I’m not unhappy with a point. But I did not hug or high five anyone at full time. Nor did I punch the air. It was acceptable but if we call ourselves a big clubs we should never ever celebrate a 0-0 draw. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Spot on. I honestly thought this would be the general consensus on here tonight, amazed at all the negativity.

The truth here is very simple and has been for a while but some are too blinded by their current anger at their club to see the truth about our neighbours.

They aren't that good.  They aren't much better than us.  They are limited in ideas, quality and mental strength.

That is twice they have failed in an attempt to destroy us.  Twice Wilder's mind games have failed and twice he has failed to change the game in their favour with substitutions.

He rested both Duffy and and Basham last week for this game and dropped points, 3 points actually, at Forest whilst they are challenging near the top of the league.

He has opened the doors to Sky and the press to gloat in advance and heap pressure on us prior to the game.  Some of our own fans have been taken in and played along with him and the local media especially, like puppets.

He is just your typical, mouthy Blade.  He has done and won fuckall yet at this level and was turned over by his inspiration last year when they met.

His face, Billy's face and Dawson's face at the end of the game told the story.

Jos got them up for that game and nobody here can deny it or who tried managed to stop it.  Well done Wednesday!  Chin up Chrissy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If Jos can keep his s hit together, get us through this season relatively unscathed and bin a few parasites in the summer he will have done a good job. This may take some turning around but we must stick together. So pleased for Cammy...well done mate.

2 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Still don’t think people are getting my point. I’m not unhappy with a point. But I did not hug or high five anyone at full time. Nor did I punch the air. It was acceptable but if we call ourselves a big clubs we should never ever celebrate a 0-0 draw. 

Exactly. I didn't hug, high five or punch the air either, but I also didn't feel 'embarrassed'. You seem to have got a thing about 'big clubs'. The last 18 years can't be ignored, we don't have a right to call ourselves one anymore I'm afraid. The comment about trophies was ridiculous in all honesty.

1 minute ago, beloved_aunt said:

I get what you mean and I generally agree. But mindful that everything seems to be going for Wilder and United and that game at Hillsborough was harrowing, going to free scoring United having lost 4 nil was daunting and i think there is just an air of pragmatism about where we are and amused that you can tell Wilder was/is desperate for a derby win at the Lane and probably a double that he can’t get.

Nonetheless, even at a “lesser club” I’d be expecting them to fashion a chance or two. So regardless of what we think of ourselves, that would be dissapointing for anyone.

I can remember we used to refuse to accept rubbish a lot more vocally in the early 2000s, usually mid game but it adds to the cycle of decline I think as there is no quick fix this season. It’s just about enjoying any small moment we can I think!