Andy Hinchcliffe

4 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Hinchcliffe was spot on. Seems to me theres to many fans in here who can't stomach any praise the opposition get. I've been impressed with Utd all season, like I was last year. Doesn't make me a traitor.

At times some of their football was brilliant (there I go again, what a traitor). The pundits after the game did praise our doggedness. Look, we have just fought bloody hard and got a good point against a good side. Live with it and move on.

I see you don't live in Sheffield 

4 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Hinchcliffe was spot on. Seems to me theres to many fans in here who can't stomach any praise the opposition get. I've been impressed with Utd all season, like I was last year. Doesn't make me a traitor.

At times some of their football was brilliant (there I go again, what a traitor). The pundits after the game did praise our doggedness. Look, we have just fought bloody hard and got a good point against a good club. Live with it and move on.

Credit to them, like I said they played well  but and I hate to say this they were only playing against us, not Everton or Leicester City. We played the game like a gutsy league 2 team getting a battling draw in the FA cup 3rd round against higher opposition. Maybe if we’d given them more to think about in an attacking way they wouldn’t have been able to play the way they did.

10 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

At times some of their football was brilliant (there I go again, what a traitor). The pundits after the game did praise our doggedness. Look, we have just fought bloody hard and got a good point against a good side. Live with it and move on.

It wasn't just tonight oldcock, he's been at it for ages, you just have to pay attention. He doesn't like us for some reason, maybe he took some stick from fans when he kept chuckin the sick notes in.

22 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

Nah you're totally right about United, fair play they're a good side right now and they play the sort of football we've always prided ourselves on *trying* to play, to varying degrees of success, even when we were rubbish. That's completely fair comment. It does hurt.

Hinchcliffe, though, has had the knives out for *years*. Honestly i can take direct criticism of Wednesday - never mind praise for other teams, don't give a single flip about that, honestly I don't - but truly this lad has a downright weird boner for slating us from what i can see. He does it on the radio when we win. He actively looks for negatives in a way that stands out a mile if you're feeling even 30% happy about anything.

He's been a proper ghost at any Wednesday feast for about five years now, and seems to be revelling in it this last couple of months more than ever. He comes over like a politician being asked to compliment the opposition party - it literally seems to stick in his craw for some reason, and he has to find a dig from somewhere as if it's his actual job. It's bizarre.

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What a bitter man he is. 

Not half as bitter as quite a few on here tonight. He as no loyalties towards Wednesday. 

Wasnt as bad as normal tonight.

Only thing he said that really bugged me was before the game....

'utd were unlucky to finish tenth last year as i thought they were one of the best 6 teams, but were really unlucky with the injury to coutts'

in his next breath he said... 'meanwhile the owls were poor and finished 15th'

so i was sat there finkin,,,,, WELL DINT WE AV ABOUT 16 INJURIES TO TOP PLAYERS YOU TOTAL D1KKKHEDD?

but he dint mention that.   

17 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

What's to be bitter about ?

We made him a millionare ...

For nothing in return .....

The club should ban him from Hillsborough. .

He's like a nasty ex that comes back to gloat ......

Another Wednesday sick note he was too

We don't half slate ex players at times.  No, Hinchcliffe didn't set the world alight when at Hillsborough, but we've had far worse.  I would tend to agree that he has put us down when analysing us in recent times, but I actually thought tonight that he was showing some passion for the club and sounded like he was actually upset that we are not where we could be and that our recent defensive record is pretty bad reading. 

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

Didn't have a problem with anything he said. Said United with very good and they were, said we deserved lots of credit for our defensive display. 

This. 

Didn't see owt wrong with what he said pre-match either, he said we've been playing poo, especially the defence.

Which is true.

Struck me as a rare occasion when a pundit had actually seen us play before commenting. 

2 hours ago, Growl67 said:

He said United were the best Championship team he’s seen this season especially in the first half and they way they play is better to watch than half the Premier League. United did look good at times but I thought he was a bit over the top.

I think that may be because The Blades are on live quite a lot over the next few weeks.

The pundits were saying the same about Leeds earlier in the season when they were featured almost every game.

It's all about biggin up the featured team.

Some people need to get over 20+ years ago 

What he came out with regarding jos was spot on, he said we are in a relagation dog fight already and we should be nearer the bottom three was also correct.

He also went on to say you also need your senior players to be more involved, personally It was obvious that he doesnt think much of jos so whatever happened 20 years ago he spoke alot of home truths last night.

We are in a mess plain and simple and with jos we will sink further in the quick sand .

• Like 1

The jizz fest over United was ridiculously OTT.

Despite them been a side already ready to challenge for Europe according to Hinchcliffe, they failed to have a shot on goal inside the box from open play over the 90 minutes. 

They flattered to deceive. Everything was played in front of us, and at no point watching the game, did I feel they ever truly troubled us. Even the penalty was soft. 

I didn't think we got the credit deserved for the tactical and defensive display we produced...and the plaudits United got were unfounded. 

If I was a United fan this morning, despite the bile Wilder was spewing, I'd be very disappointed with United's display last night. Huge missed opportunity (for the 2nd consecutive season). 

5 minutes ago, scram said:

I thought he was more than fair in his comments tbh

Some scandalous final approach play from them and some heroic crisis defending from us got us a result

We were abysmal - what was he supposed to say?

He was supposed to be gushing in his praise for us.

Owlstalk law.